Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 8...

“I brought croissants and pain au chocolat from Paris. Your favorite boulangerie.”

Lucy blew him a kiss. “They were open? Oh, Clark, you’re the best.” She watched him look around again.

“She’s not up, yet. Mrs. Claus was up late last night decorating the apartment.”

Sam nodded, looking around. “It looks nice. She does love the holidays.”

Clark slyly grinned and Lucy raised a brow at him. He ducked quickly into the kitchen with the pastries. Guess Lois had some Super help with the decorating. Lucy wasn’t going to get involved. If they screwed up Superman’s life, that was their business. She done playing chaperone. At least, they hadn’t woken her up. But then again, she had been sleeping like a hibernating bear recently. “I wonder if the speed healing will mean no stretch marks. That would be a bonus.”

Sam brought her a blanket and sat down next to her. “How are you feeling?”

Hadn’t they covered that? “Fine, Sam. No pain. No dizziness. Just exhaustion. Hey, Clark, ever hear of an elf from the fifth dimension who calls himself Mister…”

Clark came out of the kitchen, bringing a steaming mug of hot cocoa with whipped cream for her.

Lucy sighed appreciatively. “How do you do that?” He always knew what she needed. No matter what the dimension Clark Kent was simply the best.

Sam clapped. “Oh, that looks good.” He went into the kitchen for one of his own.

Clark handed a mug to her with a slight bow. “For you, milady.”

“I love you, you know,” she said. “You give me hope that I’ll survive this dimension and make it home again.”

Clark knelt down beside her with a grin. “Who knew the power chocolate had over you, Lois?” he murmured, gazing up at her. He glanced over his shoulder down the hall, then back at her, lowering his voice even more. “I love you, too.”

Lucy took a sip of her cocoa. “You going to tell her today?”

Fear showed in his eyes. “God, no.”

She placed a reassuring hand on his arm. “She’ll still love you, you big chicken.”

Clark gulped and she could see that he didn’t believe her.

“How could she not?” She smiled at him.
Lots of thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers. You're the best. thumbsup

Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:37 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.