Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

I've got some good news and some hopefully better news. laugh I'm practically done writing part 18; just finishing it up to send to Betas! Yea! Only now I realize this story will not be finished in 20 parts. blush As you see in tally guess above, I've upped my guess to 30 parts. I don't think it will take that many parts; I'm hoping that is a high estimate. My apologies.

Many thanks to my Beta Readers who help me stay true to my characters and, better yet, my readers. Thank you. thumbsup clap

Please post comments here and thank you for reading.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/15/14 12:59 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Nice chapter. Is Tempus coming back, or is it all. Will we meet his wife?

Lois and Clark are great together, and I liked Perry's interrogation.

Kerth
Kerth
I think I loved this chapter best of all! I love how Perry just comes forward so blunt and asks Clark what his powers are- and Clark's insisting that the kiss was much longer was adorable! Also like how you wrote (i'm assuming?) Tempus out of the plot with such ease... Can't wait until Lois starts truly connecting the dots!
- SJT goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, that was the third and final H.G. Wells and Tempus scene. The damage has been done, now the repercussions will follow.

Will Lois be able to ignore what Tempus told her about her future? Will she believe him? Or will she think he's was just a ranting mad-man? Will she fight fate? Or will she succumb? Will she fall in love with Superman? Or will she fall for Clark? Or someone else entirely? And what will happen if Clark learns about Lois's supposed destiny?

Feel free to write your own story about Tempus and his 'super' wife, L&C's great, great, great, great, great, great, great-grand daughter. I'm finished with that thread. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I loved this chapter more than the previous. Really, the whole interaction between Lois and Clark and even Perry is totally authentic, despite the unusual setting you chose. What I loved most, though, was that bit of irony about Tempus.

Nice chapter. Is Tempus coming back, or is it all. Will we meet his wife?
I think we already did... shock

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lara Joelle Kent: Thank you. Sometimes it's hard to stay in character out of universe. And, Yes, you were right about Tempus's wife. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Looks like the soul mates thing didn't work out for her. Maybe that's why Tempus tries to stop Lois and Clark from creating offspring - so he can save money on the divorce. evil

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Looks like the soul mates thing didn't work out for her. Maybe that's why Tempus tries to stop Lois and Clark from creating offspring - so he can save money on the divorce. evil
rotflol rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
<strong> Looks like the soul mates thing didn't work out for her. Maybe that's why Tempus tries to stop Lois and Clark from creating offspring - so he can save money on the divorce. razz

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A super strong, super fast super man from another planet who can fly without a plane.” She shook her head. “Wouldn’t that be a riot, if he even existed. I doubt such a man would fall for someone like me.” She glanced back over her shoulder expecting Perry to be gone, having not responded to her hilarious tidbit, instead she saw him still in the doorway, face pale, jaw hanging open.
Right. He knows. laugh Now he's in a deep pile of blue suede shoes.

He pulled a plastic bag containing a dead bolt off the floor of the time machine.
A little development aid for the pessimistically challenged?

I remember Lois joking that the law should be entitled the ‘Endangered Plastic Tree Act of thirty-six’.” He sighed. “They broke the mold after she was born.”
He's talking about his Lois, isn't he? Sounds like he does love her. Or is that 2036 and he is referring to our Lois?

Tempus removed a small remote from his pocket. “Oh, we couldn’t have you doing that, Herb, could we?” He pressed the button, exploding the interdimensional time machine.
Woa, there. Did not see *that* coming.

“Precisely, Herb,” Tempus answered with a grin. “This way even if you built another machine, you’d never find the coordinates to that other backwards dimension. Knowing what you and I know about Lois Lane, she’ll fight her destiny to marry Superman tooth-and-nail, won’t she, Herb?”
I want to believe that. But what she knows is not *that* bad. Especially with the lack of Superman. Of course, she could fall for Clark, figure out his secret, and then break her own heart by deciding to dump him and date Lex Luthor instead.

A moment later a brunette in a teal and purple suit landed between them and the still burning time machine. With one quick breath, she blew out the flames. She turned around and looked at them with pinched lips, her arms crossed. “I should have known.”
/raises eyebrow/

Tempus smiled his best sarcastic, charming smile and opened his arms wide. “Hi, honey! I’m home! Miss me?”
/slaps head/ Right. The missus is likely superpowered. But shouldn't she make a greater effort in restraining him. After all, at least the family should know and care about the Tempus issue.

So much for her great American novel!
Oh.

Maybe she should start out writing a romance. Lois had not been able to get her mind off of Clark and their impending non-date date. She sneered at the thought of having to rely on Cat Grant to make sure her book made it to the bookshelf. She would need a pen name. Let’s see: Lois Lane… Lucy Lane? No, she wouldn’t want her sister to receive credit… Lola Dane? Not bad… Lois Kent?
So, Wanda Detroit: The Exploits of the Bar Singer" by Lola Dane? The newest bodice ripper on the bestseller list?

Lois took a second look at the security guard. “Clark!”
Now look at that!

Lois’s mouth hung open. These were his ‘plans’ for Saturday night?
Uh-huh.

Lois really had to muzzle her horny side before it made her say something aloud.
Yes, please?

“Is your last name Kent?”
I did not realize she doesn't know. Sure, it does sound reasonable, it's just so completely out of the left field on this board.

“Ah.” Perry had smiled and leaned forward, placing his fingertips together. “I thought so.”
Okay. Now, let me guess. He's *not* going to tell Clark about his future with Lois, is he?

“Cat and several other employees who were working the event as well.”
Claude must have been a real turn off for Cat to not go after him when sprayed.

Clark had blanched. “Lois?”

His bossed had chuckled. “No, son. She kissed you of her own free will.”
laugh

“It doesn’t take much of a kiss from a beautiful girl for it to seem like forever. Next time why don’t you try for less of an audience?”
rotflol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Besides, it's not like he's attached or anything and that kiss was hardly a hardship on him. Sexual harassment issues aside. But this is the nineties and he's a guy and there's still this inglorious double standard out there, so why fuzz?
Oh, did the double standards end in the 90's?

Saturday's the redhead from accounting.
* Sunday are the blonde twins from the flower shop around the corner.
* Monday... I think I'm going to pick a girl up in the strip bar back in the side street
* Hmm... Tuesday... Yeah, I could squeeze you in Tuesday...
evil

Oh. But that was the pheromones.
They don't know about the pheromones until Lois tells them about it.

In *Smallville*? How could that happen there? Aside from the fact that the entire town would now. Sam would be shunned for his despicable behavior and the town would rally to get Ellen dry. As I said, in *Smallville*?
Right, because there are no alcoholics or cheating husbands in small towns, only big cities. wink

Right. He knows. laugh Now he's in a deep pile of blue suede shoes.
Yep. Perry knows all.

He's talking about his Lois, isn't he? Sounds like he does love her. Or is that 2036 and he is referring to our Lois?
Canon Lois. 2036.

I want to believe that. But what she knows is not *that* bad. Especially with the lack of Superman. Of course, she could fall for Clark, figure out his secret, and then break her own heart by deciding to dump him and date Lex Luthor instead.
She could. She's stubborn that way.

/slaps head/ Right. The missus is likely superpowered. But shouldn't she make a greater effort in restraining him. After all, at least the family should know and care about the Tempus issue.
Let's just say, they're estranged.

I did not realize she doesn't know. Sure, it does sound reasonable, it's just so completely out of the left field on this board.
When you work retail, it's very common not to know your co-worker's last name.

Okay. Now, let me guess. He's *not* going to tell Clark about his future with Lois, is he?
Now, where would be the fun in that?

Claude must have been a real turn off for Cat to not go after him when sprayed.
Been there, done that. Didn't want to go back.

Glad I'm still causing chuckles. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, did the double standards end in the 90's?
Yes, but nowadays, making note of the concept of a man could also be harassed by a woman at least no longer ends you in the looney bin. That's progress, isn't it?

Right, because there are no alcoholics or cheating husbands in small towns, only big cities.
But this is *Smallville*. Cheating husbands and alcoholism are outlawed but community consensus.

She could. She's stubborn that way.
Now there's a rabid plot bunny if I ever saw one: Since Lex is alive in early S3, Lois dares Clark to mistreat her like he does for her own benefit, and starts dating Lex even though he's in prison.

Let's just say, they're estranged.
Umm... I meant care as in the 'if he breaks up Granpa and Granma, we won't exist, so let's put him on the top of Mt. Everst' way, not the 'poor Tempus, let's help him to see reason' kind of way.

Glad I'm still causing chuckles.
Always. Did I mention I have a soft spot for romantic comedy, with an evil streak? blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard