Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A small taste of Chapter 4, Part 14:

You’re free, Lois. His words echoed in her heard. Was she? Really? After all this time? This man – this flying man – Damn, she forgot to ask him his name. But as things were, it really didn’t matter. It would when she finally got back to Metropolis, back to Perry and the Daily Planet and started writing her story. She didn’t need eyesight to write. She just needed a notebook and a pen. Or a keyboard attached to a computer. Just put her hands on the right keys and give her a good editor – or maybe just a copy writer – to clean up her typos and to read back what she had written. She sighed. The Daily Planet. Was she finally going to be able to go home?

Lois. She never thought hearing someone speak her name would make her feel so good. It was like someone letting light into her darkness. She sighed. Figurative light, metaphorical even. But real darkness. God, she hated Lex. She wished she had never met him. Never set foot inside that gun crate. That had been stupid. Extremely stupid. Even if it had seemed like a good idea at the time. Lois scoffed at herself as she shook her head. Idea? She hadn’t thought about it. She hadn’t planned. She had just climbed into the crate, living up to her “Leap First Lois” nickname she had earned at the Planet.
Thank you to my hardworking and unpaid Beta Readers who keep insisting on those little details that make this story sing. Thank you. clap

Author Note: I will be heading away from my computer for about a week. I will post Chapter 4, Part 14 and add the Chapter 4 Synposis to my Missing Lois Synopsis page before I leave. I will start posting Chapter 5 around the 15th of July. Happy 4th of July to all my American readers!

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 06:03 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow interesting chapter. I am glad she is free. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! Lois is blind! I'm sure Lex is responsible. Yes, he's villainous in any universe.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah - alt-Lois is saved! Can't wait to learn more details about what happened to her. Sounds the neuroscanner might've damaged Lois' eyes.

I'm curious as to why Superman is maintaining his secret identity with Lois when most of the world knows Superman is Clark Kent.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting theories on alt-Lois's blindness.

Laura: Thank you for all your great comments. I know I don't get a chance to respond to all of them, but please know I appreciate every single one. clap

IolantheAlias: Lex Luthor? Really? You think so? wink Who else?

Joan: Hmmmm. Blindness as long term side-effects of the Neuroscanner? I like that idea. I wish I had thought of it, but sadly not. frown My answer is much less inspired than that. Edited for Spoilage. Why is Clark keeping his identity secret from alt-Lois? Well, first he just wants to rescue her and his name got lost in the confusion. Since she's blind and doesn't know who Superman is, 'a friend' makes more sense in the short term than explaining exactly who and what Superman is. After he drops her off in Smallville, he's rushing back to Singapore to rescue 'Lola' so he doesn't want to take the time then.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who needs sleep, anyway?

Clark pulled the device that Dr. Klein had given him out of his pocket and flipped it on. This time a second light blinked, slowly and steadily. He was here; Junior was in this building, controlling her, spying on her at this very moment.
Well... Well... Well...

He swallowed. His Lois was nearby.
Actually, she could be in South America or the center of the Congo given the thingy-ma-toos range.

He knew she wasn’t Lois, but she still smelled like Lois, sounded like Lois, and felt like Lois.
And we all know just how much of a sucker he is for a warm Lois body. Also, does Lex use a clone-series for sex instead of Lois?

She leaned her cheek against his. “Call me, Lola, Clark. We both know I’m not the real Mrs. Luthor nor will I ever be.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: "Who needs sleep, anyway?"

You really know how to compliment a girl. laugh Thank you.

Actually, she could be in South America or the center of the Congo given the thingy-ma-toos range.
The thing-ma-toos that Dr. Klein made only has a range of a mile or two. (backstory/author's note) Lex Jr., to bypass the problem with the extra Lois in his dimension also shortened the distance between his doo-hicky and Lois. Also, so maybe Lucy's DNA hasn't changed THAT much afterall. Or maybe it did. laugh cool

And we all know just how much of a sucker he is for a warm Lois body. Also, does Lex use a clone-series for sex instead of Lois?
Hhhmmm. You know, I never thought about it that way. Eeewww, knowing the true age of the clone. But yeah, I could totally see Lex doing that.

Didn't she already say 'no'?
And Lex takes 'no' for an answer, when?

Too bad Jr. will be a smear on the wall by then...
Superman doesn't KILL people, Michael. (did someone tear that page out of your Superman handbook? huh )

See? And *gasp*! Clark! No hurting the sociopath, psychopathic creep!
Did I mention that the alt-Clark ammendment has 'hurting' crossed out?

Now look at that. Did she write braile?
Ball point pen. Your question assumes that she's been blind for 3 years. She hasn't been.

She really never heard about Superman, huh?
Nope.

Which January was that? /tries to piece timeline together with part 14. Will get back to thoughts on that in the next part.
1996. My assumption was that the wedding (clone-interupted) was scheduled for Feb 14th, 1996 and therefore, when Tempus kidnapped and dropped Lois in alt-Dimension it was a week or two earlier... Late January - early February 1996. The rescue of Mrs. Luthor takes place the week before Christmas 1996. I just got my S3 DVDs today (Thanks again Marcus for the tip!) 'Tempus, Anyone' aired on 1/21/96 and INPY... on 2/11/96 (so my estimate was a pretty good guess, if I may say so myself.)

Isn't leaving a fireplace burning with only a blind woman in the house rather dangerous?
Superman is planning on returning within the half-hour. Surely blind Lois can stop herself from burning down the house or falling into the fireplace in that amount of time.

Hmm... Blind. Alone. Middle of nowhere. Yep. Free, indeed.
No guards. No gates. No locks. No survalliance video. No Lex or son. No Neuroscanner. Sounds like freedom compared to what she's had during the last 3-4 years to me.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You really know how to compliment a girl.
blush

And Lex takes 'no' for an answer, when?
When you put the word on the tip of a two-barrelled shotgun replacing the stick he uses internally to keep his back straight?

Superman doesn't KILL people, Michael.
Define 'people'. Or, more precisely, does Lex or his offspring rate as 'people'?

(did someone tear that page out of your Superman handbook? [Huh] )
Hmm... /goes checking/ I think I got a cheap knockoff, now that you mention it. It has a dude in black spandex (or something) and a cape on it. Always figured that would be Clark's Kryptonian uniform. So, maybe not. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard