Missing Lois - TOC

A small taste of Chapter 4, Part 14:

You’re free, Lois. His words echoed in her heard. Was she? Really? After all this time? This man – this flying man – Damn, she forgot to ask him his name. But as things were, it really didn’t matter. It would when she finally got back to Metropolis, back to Perry and the Daily Planet and started writing her story. She didn’t need eyesight to write. She just needed a notebook and a pen. Or a keyboard attached to a computer. Just put her hands on the right keys and give her a good editor – or maybe just a copy writer – to clean up her typos and to read back what she had written. She sighed. The Daily Planet. Was she finally going to be able to go home?

Lois. She never thought hearing someone speak her name would make her feel so good. It was like someone letting light into her darkness. She sighed. Figurative light, metaphorical even. But real darkness. God, she hated Lex. She wished she had never met him. Never set foot inside that gun crate. That had been stupid. Extremely stupid. Even if it had seemed like a good idea at the time. Lois scoffed at herself as she shook her head. Idea? She hadn’t thought about it. She hadn’t planned. She had just climbed into the crate, living up to her “Leap First Lois” nickname she had earned at the Planet.
Thank you to my hardworking and unpaid Beta Readers who keep insisting on those little details that make this story sing. Thank you. clap

Author Note: I will be heading away from my computer for about a week. I will post Chapter 4, Part 14 and add the Chapter 4 Synposis to my Missing Lois Synopsis page before I leave. I will start posting Chapter 5 around the 15th of July. Happy 4th of July to all my American readers!

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 06:03 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.