Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 13:

As he closed the door to the balcony, she spoke. “Hello?” She jumped into her karate stance facing him. “Who’s there?”

“A friend,” he replied, a smile emerging on his lips. Stunning and feisty, yep, definitely Lois.

“How did you get in here?”

“Through the window,” he replied, calmly.

“Are you nuts? We are on the hundred and fifth floor. Didn’t you notice the wind?” She was still bouncing around in her karate stance. “What do you want?”

The room was dark so perhaps she couldn’t see him. He clicked on the lamp next to the bed, but she didn’t react to the changing of light.

“I’m here to help you,” Superman said, moving slowly closer, towards her.

“Stop! I can hear you moving about. Just stop. I know karate, you know.”

He smiled, standing still with his arms crossed. “So, I can see.”

“Lucky you. Who are you?”

Superman stared at her. Something was wrong. Why didn’t she recognize him? Why wasn’t she looking at him?

“Who sent you?” she asked when he hadn’t spoken.

“Clark Kent,” he replied at the same time.
I would like to thank my wonderful and hard working Beta Readers. You only my story stronger. Thank you. clap

For those of you expecting to meet alt-Lois in Part 12, I apologize. evil If you remember, I wrote that you would be meeting 'Lola' Luthor in Part 12, not alt-Lois. <<evil laughter>>

As always, any and all feedback is welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:59 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh that's right I forgot she is blind. Maybe she can have the clones eyes when the clone dies. Looking forward to the next meeting. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gee, I wonder who could have caused a man-made cyclone?

/cough/ Lex Luthor /cough cough/ wink

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Finally getting a chance to catch up with this story. I was thrown when Lois could see and was acting so oddly but you're explained it well as it being her clone.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I'm really behind on responding to some of these postings... Let's see...

Laura: Glad you enjoyed meeting the Clois... I mean 'Lola.'

Iolanthe: I hope that
/cough/ Lex Luthor/ cough cough/
is better now. laugh I know he makes for one nasty cold.

Joan: Welcome back to the boards! Love that I kept you on your toes.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Superman landed in the botanical gardens in Singapore City.
Oooooh!

He needed to forget about her and think about the mission at hand.
/expects the following reaction upon finding his Lois: "Lucy? Who's Lucy? clap

Why anyone would want to go through all this trouble to create a natural disaster was beyond Clark’s comprehension.
Lucy never told him about her Lex, did she?

“Actually, Kent, I liked your assistant. She has a kind of spunk I find attractive in a woman. Perhaps I’ll fly to Metropolis and you can introduce me someday.”
/squints eyes/

What an odd word choice, Clark thought. As they started crossing the room towards her, ‘Lola’ glanced away from the East Indian man with whom she was conversing, noticing them. Her eyes lit up with the joy of a child.
Hmm... That's... odd...

“Lexy!” she cried in excitement, her voice almost baby-dollish, trying to run towards him, but not being able to due to her gown. She gave up and held out her arms to him.
But likely it's just Clark's imagination and it's her not being able to see that she's not running. The 'Lexy' is still odd, though...

Lexy? Clark glanced between Lola and Luthor. He was looking at her like a disappointed school master and she like a school girl. They met up in the middle of the floor and she grabbed Lex’s arm and gazed at him with a look of utter devotion.
Huh. Odd, indeed...

Lola gave him eye contact for exactly five seconds and then looked him over top to bottom to top again, like a child eyeing her first hot fudge sundae.
Hmm...

More beautiful than Kal’s Lois, but he felt nothing when he looked at her. Nothing like what he had felt when he had first laid eyes on Lucy. No electricity like their first touch. He smiled politely.
No look at that...

Lola’s eyes went wide with genuine fear. “Cyclone? Here in Singapore?” She gripped his arm tightly, then she swallowed. “When?”
She really is disconnected...

She shook her head violently, let go of his arm, and made a beeline to the Indian man following them. “Asabi! Asabi! What is this about a cyclone? Cyclones aren’t supposed to strike here. That was in the data you gave me. Do you know what high winds will do to the frog population around here?”
Oh, great. And Duh!
[Linked Image]

“It is nothing for you to worry about, Ma’am. Let’s go get you a treat, shall we? Would you like a treat?”
Mmmmm... French Frogs!

After a quick glance at Asabi, she replied, “I’m sorry, Mr. Kent, I was recently ill and would not want to strain my vocal cords. Excuse me.”
Can't sing?

He couldn’t put his finger on it, but something was missing.
A soul?

Clark x-rayed the wall to see where Lola and Asabi had gone. Three rooms over was a small bedroom with a guard and a keypad entry. They were standing at a large tabletop aquarium filled with frogs.
Snacks.

Suddenly, Luthor put his arm around Clark’s shoulders turning him away from where he had been looking. “Kent, my boy, enjoying yourself?”
Sneaky.

“She’s quite the environmentalist.”
No. Just concerned about dinner. Or her little sister. Hmm... mabye both.

“Perry says that Lola’s singing career almost stole his best reporter away from him.”
So, Lex isn't hiding she's Lois Lane?

“Interesting theory, Kent. I’ve found that every woman has a price, you just have to be willing to pay it.”
Maybe we introduce him to Big Bubba in Cellblock C?

“A friend of mine would say that ‘Love isn’t a commodity to be bought or sold, but given freely or not at all.’”

“Your friend sounds like a wise woman,” Lex stated. “What’s her name? Lucy El, perhaps?” He grinned.

“Lois Lane,” Clark replied.
clap And that must have been during her first year at the Planet, right?

‘Lola’ returned at that moment and gave Lex a large sloppy kiss. He smiled at Clark and then wiped his mouth with his handkerchief.
Not liking frog-kisses?

“And I’ve learned, Kent, that women have a tendency to change their minds.”
Hmm...

“No, thanks, I just ate,” Lola replied, licking her lips.

Lex turned slightly green and wiped his mouth again, waving the waiter away.
Okay, so he didn't expect frog-frog kisses clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Yep, we're back to Alt-Clark's rescue of Mrs. Luthor...

And *that's* why you should travel in an aluminum tube.
That is one of the advantages, yes.

Now look at that. But why would he grant the meet if he doesn't want to follow through?
Hmmmm.

But likely it's just Clark's imagination and it's her not being able to see that she's not running. The 'Lexy' is still odd, though...
I pictured Clark seeing Lola trying to run, but only being able to move her feet 6"-1' apart at a time, really not enough for run -- but a silly, fast walk. So she changes her mind and holds out her arms. (Clearer?) "Lexy" wasn't what canon Lois called Lex? wink

Can't sing?
Yes and no.

A soul?
Why billionaires shouldn't play God.

No. Just concerned about dinner. Or her little sister. Hmm... mabye both.
Lex didn't clone Lucy. wink

And that must have been during her first year at the Planet, right?
Yep, she's that good.

Not liking frog-kisses?
2nd hand frogs? razz

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So she changes her mind and holds out her arms. (Clearer?)
/nods/

"Lexy" wasn't what canon Lois called Lex?
Only after he gave her some spiked water down in his bunker during Nightfall.

2nd hand frogs?
Is that like 2nd hand crabs?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh the clones! I was like, ah man, Lois is on drugs now too!?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Oh the clones! I was like, ah man, Lois is on drugs now too!?
Well, she's on Neuroscanner? Does that count?

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard