Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 13:

As he closed the door to the balcony, she spoke. “Hello?” She jumped into her karate stance facing him. “Who’s there?”

“A friend,” he replied, a smile emerging on his lips. Stunning and feisty, yep, definitely Lois.

“How did you get in here?”

“Through the window,” he replied, calmly.

“Are you nuts? We are on the hundred and fifth floor. Didn’t you notice the wind?” She was still bouncing around in her karate stance. “What do you want?”

The room was dark so perhaps she couldn’t see him. He clicked on the lamp next to the bed, but she didn’t react to the changing of light.

“I’m here to help you,” Superman said, moving slowly closer, towards her.

“Stop! I can hear you moving about. Just stop. I know karate, you know.”

He smiled, standing still with his arms crossed. “So, I can see.”

“Lucky you. Who are you?”

Superman stared at her. Something was wrong. Why didn’t she recognize him? Why wasn’t she looking at him?

“Who sent you?” she asked when he hadn’t spoken.

“Clark Kent,” he replied at the same time.
I would like to thank my wonderful and hard working Beta Readers. You only my story stronger. Thank you. clap

For those of you expecting to meet alt-Lois in Part 12, I apologize. evil If you remember, I wrote that you would be meeting 'Lola' Luthor in Part 12, not alt-Lois. <<evil laughter>>

As always, any and all feedback is welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:59 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.