Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 10:

Five minutes earlier, Clark had leaned back in his chair. His story was filed and he had a couple of hours to Christmas shop. He still needed to find just the right thing for Lois. He glanced over at her, sitting nose to her computer screen, and smiled. He sighed. That other Clark was right. He was the luckiest man alive.

Lois turned to him and smiled. “Clark, what time are your folks getting in next Tuesday?”

He searched his mind, but it was a blank. All he could think of was her smile. He shrugged. “I can’t remember.”

“Could you give them a call and find out? I’m trying to schedule an interview with the Mayor.”

“OK.” Maybe he could get her to take off early this evening as well. He could make dinner reservations at his favorite restaurant, Chez Kent. Clark dialed the phone, but didn’t take his eyes off his wife. It was ringing off the hook. Where were his parents? He glanced at the television to see if that storm hit earlier than they were expecting.

Martha, check and see if you can get me a box of Double Fudge Crunch Bars, could you?

“Lois?” he asked. It couldn’t be Lois. He was looking at Lois. She was still at her desk. But he would recognize his wife’s voice anywhere. And who else would want a box of Double Fudge Crunch Bars, Lois’s favorite chocolate vice? Whoever it was was still on the line. He heard her swallow.
Thanks again to my Beta Readers for all of their hard work. thumbsup

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:50 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I like this last part. Crazy situation! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a way to end the chapter! Are they going to have to tell Clark what's going on? Don't leave us in suspense too long.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“He’s gone into this super protective mode. I’m not allowed to fly. I can’t go anywhere in Metropolis unless someone from his approved list goes with me. I’m not allowed to taunt super villains anymore.”
What? No taunting of super villains?

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! Good cliffy for this chapter! Can't wait to see how Lois handles explaining herself to her husband!! And she thought dealing with Jonathan would be tricky! :rolleyes:

Your dialogue is delightful by the way. Very deft humor... like Lois taunting super villains. smile Love it!

More soon, please! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sam compromised only so far as insisting that the time machine – who knew that H.G. Wells had left one with Clark? – would be brought to her as opposed to her being to flown to it.
You know, it's still funny that time-traveling is considered safer for the little one than flying.

I won’t leave the apartment, I promise. Who knows what all this interdimensional travel is doing to the baby?”
laugh And on a more serious note: Won't the baby get IDTT-sickness when it's born in one dimension and then move to the other?

“Are you actually worried about the baby’s safety or do you hate being sent away like some poor defenseless woman?”
What do you think? /squints eyes/

“Both,” she growled.
laugh And what a Greek tragedy. Poor Oediclark.

Superman stepped off the machine and then spun into his Clark clothes. Lois put a hand to her mouth. That was her Clark’s move.
Tsk Tsk Tsk

“Sorry, but it really is more convenient.”
So's walking around in the buff, some say. Doesn't mean you do it in front of your sister-in-law. Especially, if you slept with her just a couple of months ago.

Clark glanced at him skeptically. “She’s never admitted that I’m right before. You must have misheard her.”
laugh And on second thought: Lois got herself an obedient clone, is now hiding somewhere until the clone's gone to visit her Clark, and then pop back out!

“No. He heard me correctly,” Lois said reentering the room with snow boots on her feet, her heavy coat on and a small suitcase in hand. “It might never happen again, so savor the moment.”

He grinned. “Believe me, I am.”
laugh

A male voice spoke from the machine. “Lois Lane – DNA authorized and approved.”
Fancy!

“It’s been programmed only to work with you, me and Mr. Wells. Safety precaution, in case someone else stumbled across it,” Clark explained. Then he showed her how to reprogram the machine to return to his dimension.
So, what happens when Lois's DNA changes again a bit after she's over there?

“So, I turn this knob here. Set the date and time here?”

“No! Don’t touch the date and time knob or you’ll travel through time.
Uuuuuuhmmmmmm... So, they're leaving a function interdimensional timetravel device in Lois's care? Are they *crazy*? Didn't they read "There's No Place Like Home?"

Lois nodded. She hoped she would remember two days hence.
/cocks eyebrow/

She sighed. “No visiting Kal. No contacting Kal. No leaving the Kent farm for any reason whatsoever.”
laugh

She saluted him. “Yes, sir. Martha knows I’m coming, right?”

Clark’s eyes went wide as saucers.
laugh /flashes back to Spandex-series by Alisha Knight/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Can I stay for the weekend? Clark’s worried about our safety,” she said, setting her hand on her tummy.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach: Will post more crazy situations soon. laugh

Joan: What cliffies aren't a good time to leave on vacation?

IolantheAlias: Got to love Lois.

MozartMaid: Glad to know I've got my dialogue down. Thank you.

Michael: Thank you again for the great comments.

You know, it's still funny that time-traveling is considered safer for the little one than flying.
That was Lois's point.

Won't the baby get IDTT-sickness when it's born in one dimension and then move to the other?
Lois had a Super serious case of IDTT-sickness because not only was she in another dimension, she also was getting a live-feed from her own dimension due to dreams. Normally, IDTT-Sickness makes the person forget their lives in the other dimension were actually their real life. Since a baby has no real other life to forget (that they wouldn't essentially forget anyway), I cannot see what permanent damage would be done to said infant. As long as he/she is returned to canon dimension within a reasonable amount of time that is.

Lois got herself an obedient clone, is now hiding somewhere until the clone's gone to visit her Clark, and then pop back out!
Do you really think Lois would have anything to do with Clones? Really?

So, what happens when Lois's DNA changes again a bit after she's over there?
Good question.

So, they're leaving a function interdimensional timetravel device in Lois's care? Are they *crazy*? Didn't they read "There's No Place Like Home?"
Apparently not.

Huh. Did she get nudie pics done?
And that would make him unhappy how?

Huh. And what a big D.E.!
Lost me on the abv.

That'd be a good way for introducing the flashback from a couple of parts earlier.
These scene switches get better as time goes on. Thank you, again, Iolanthe! Beta from Heaven!

It's an obvious question?
Okay. Well. I guess, you've got me there. But would Martha really ask that if she thought Lois was really nuts?

And how are they going to hide Clark's and Rachel's lovechild?
Wouldn't said child live with the Sherriff?

Hmm... And we'll have great grandparents taking care of little Kara for a week or two...
Aren't Clark's grandparents dead? Or do you mean grandparents who are great?

So, is Alt-Lois going to be all Christmassy?
cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As long as he/she is returned to canon dimension within a reasonable amount of time that is.
laugh

Do you really think Lois would have anything to do with Clones? Really?
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard