Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 10:

Five minutes earlier, Clark had leaned back in his chair. His story was filed and he had a couple of hours to Christmas shop. He still needed to find just the right thing for Lois. He glanced over at her, sitting nose to her computer screen, and smiled. He sighed. That other Clark was right. He was the luckiest man alive.

Lois turned to him and smiled. “Clark, what time are your folks getting in next Tuesday?”

He searched his mind, but it was a blank. All he could think of was her smile. He shrugged. “I can’t remember.”

“Could you give them a call and find out? I’m trying to schedule an interview with the Mayor.”

“OK.” Maybe he could get her to take off early this evening as well. He could make dinner reservations at his favorite restaurant, Chez Kent. Clark dialed the phone, but didn’t take his eyes off his wife. It was ringing off the hook. Where were his parents? He glanced at the television to see if that storm hit earlier than they were expecting.

Martha, check and see if you can get me a box of Double Fudge Crunch Bars, could you?

“Lois?” he asked. It couldn’t be Lois. He was looking at Lois. She was still at her desk. But he would recognize his wife’s voice anywhere. And who else would want a box of Double Fudge Crunch Bars, Lois’s favorite chocolate vice? Whoever it was was still on the line. He heard her swallow.
Thanks again to my Beta Readers for all of their hard work. thumbsup

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:50 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.