Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 9:

“By giving Clark the crutch of you being here, you’re telling him you don’t believe he can do this without you. He needs to be one-hundred percent confident. This is my daughter we’re talking about here.”

Lois’s heart ached. She desperately wanted to be needed. But she didn’t want to undermine his fragile confidence. This Clark wasn’t emotionally strong like her Clark. He needed to know he had sent her someplace safe, know that he protected her. Sam was right. If Clark was worried about her and the baby’s safety, he would be distracted. She sighed. “OK. I’ll go. No complaints.”

A moment later the time machine appeared in her living room. Superman stepped off the machine and then spun into his Clark clothes. Lois put a hand to her mouth. That was her Clark’s move.

Clark caught her expression and smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, but it really is more convenient.”

Lois let herself breathe. “It’s okay. I just hadn’t known you had adopted it.” She swallowed. “I’ll just go get my things.”

Clark watched her leave the room and then sidled up to Sam. “She’s not going to fight me?” he asked surprised.

“She said that she saw that you were right. If you were worried about their safety, it would be a distraction.”

Clark glanced at him skeptically. “She’s never admitted that I’m right before. You must have misheard her.”

“No. He heard me correctly,” Lois said reentering the room with snow boots on her feet, her heavy coat on and a small suitcase in hand. “It might never happen again, so savor the moment.”

He grinned. “Believe me, I am.”
Many thanks to my Beta Readers who let me know what works in my story and what just doesn't fly. Thank you. notworthy

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, can't wait for Clark to come face to face with Lex and then meet 'Lola'!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This had me laughing:

“Early? But it can’t come early. Nine months. I know the exact date. That’s when it has to happen. Not early.”
It happens all the time Lois! One of mine was three weeks early. With all their issues, she really hasn't had much of chance to think about her becoming a mom.

Aw, isn't Jimmy sweet?

“Is there some reason Clark thinks an old woman would be better protection for you than me?”
I'm a bit concerned that Jaxon isn't as harmless as Lois believes.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree Jaxon may not be as harmless. I will be happy to see Lois and Clark finally meet.By the way I was thinking about this story and I remember Lois visited her Clark and he saw that she was pregnant. He was with her that night. Where was the younger Lois then? I forgot?

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Substitute Lois had had her 'Women in Journalism' monthly dinner, leaving her husband home alone (and exhausted from time-travel and fighting Australian forest fires) to be seduced laugh by his wife.

Joan & Mozartmaid: hint... "Lola" Luthor shows up Edited for spoilage smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha, the plot thickens....

Hopefully Dr. Klein will come up with a Neuroscanner antidote!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FLASH! Lois turned to find James standing by her desk with a camera. Great. Just when she looked her most pregnant.
Oops?

He pointed at her. “Lucy. You’re… You’re…”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Hee-hee.

"I hope so... But there was Max and Lex and that sailor at the bar..."
Plumber. Red was a plumber.

'accident'? So, she just accidentally stepped into the bullet's path?
He's so PC.

Didn't you want her to get a new hobby? One that didn't include pointing out how wrong you are?
clap laugh

So, where did she find one with the original DNA? Or is she using the DNA from the hair-tip? Can you use the hair-tip? Or do you need the root?
If they can Clone canon Clark from donated hair, I think they can get some DNA from Lois's donated hair.

And how is she going to counter the other Neuroscanner? Is Clark going to flash-freeze Alt-Lois?
Hmmmm. cool

Hmm... He might always just a 45 and go on a rampage in the newsroom...
If someone goes postal in a newsroom, is that considered "reporting" or "newsal"?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Plumber. Red was a plumber.
There was one on the show?

If they can Clone canon Clark from donated hair, I think they can get some DNA from Lois's donated hair.
Yes, but it has to come from a part of her hair that grew when she still had her pre-pregnancy DNA.

If someone goes postal in a newsroom, is that considered "reporting" or "newsal"?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Plumber. Red was a plumber.There was one on the show?
The man who rescued "Wanda Detroit" from the clone.

Yes, but it has to come from a part of her hair that grew when she still had her pre-pregnancy DNA.
Good point. I'll have to think about that one.

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
With a yawn and a stretch, Lois pick up the telephone and murmured, ”Martha, check and see if you can get me a box of Double Fudge Crunch Bars, could you?”

“Lois?” her husband’s voice gasped.
There's only one word that came to my mind when I read this. .. but, actually I think I can't write here... cat

And I think I have figured out the "little secret" that alt-Clark is hiding from Lois, he's been frequently visiting the Kents!?

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard