Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 9:

“By giving Clark the crutch of you being here, you’re telling him you don’t believe he can do this without you. He needs to be one-hundred percent confident. This is my daughter we’re talking about here.”

Lois’s heart ached. She desperately wanted to be needed. But she didn’t want to undermine his fragile confidence. This Clark wasn’t emotionally strong like her Clark. He needed to know he had sent her someplace safe, know that he protected her. Sam was right. If Clark was worried about her and the baby’s safety, he would be distracted. She sighed. “OK. I’ll go. No complaints.”

A moment later the time machine appeared in her living room. Superman stepped off the machine and then spun into his Clark clothes. Lois put a hand to her mouth. That was her Clark’s move.

Clark caught her expression and smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, but it really is more convenient.”

Lois let herself breathe. “It’s okay. I just hadn’t known you had adopted it.” She swallowed. “I’ll just go get my things.”

Clark watched her leave the room and then sidled up to Sam. “She’s not going to fight me?” he asked surprised.

“She said that she saw that you were right. If you were worried about their safety, it would be a distraction.”

Clark glanced at him skeptically. “She’s never admitted that I’m right before. You must have misheard her.”

“No. He heard me correctly,” Lois said reentering the room with snow boots on her feet, her heavy coat on and a small suitcase in hand. “It might never happen again, so savor the moment.”

He grinned. “Believe me, I am.”
Many thanks to my Beta Readers who let me know what works in my story and what just doesn't fly. Thank you. notworthy

As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.