Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 8:
Mr. Olsen came and stood next to Mayson. “She disappeared while on assignment in the Congo three years ago. Gun running?”

“That’s right. And, yes, to your guess too, Lucy, Jericho Firestorm was roughly five years ago.” Perry leaned against Lois’s dining room table. “You see, Lois hunted down and cornered the son-of-a-bitch for an interview, but the sneaky devil would only talk to her off-the-record. To get the information on where he was going to start the next fire, he made her promise she would not tell the police. It was too big of a scoop, so Lois took the deal. Then, we invited Detective Henderson to my office and Lois Lane told me everything he said in the interview.”

“So, she broke her promise to Jericho?” Mayson asked, surprised.

“Of course not,” Lois snapped. “Lois Lane does not reveal sources.”
Thanks again to Lynn for helping me out with all her excellent advice and suggestions.

If anyone else is interested in BR a chapter or two of Missing Lois, please click on the below link and scroll to my last posting. Thank you.

I'll try to get the final part of Chapter 2 posted by Tuesday.

I would like to thank all those people who take the time to post a note on my comments page (especially Laura!). Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:37 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fun ride. I am looking forward to where this goes. I am not happy that Clark is so chummy with Mason. I'd rather him meet his Lois ;-)

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Give him time. He's been searching for his Lois for 3+ years. Lois has been there only a couple of weeks. She won't be found overnight. Even Lois Lane isn't that good. Some stories, investigations, take time to develop.

I know there are the Mayson haters out there, but I figured alt. Clark needed a little more experience with women (than his one relationship with Lana) before he ran into his Lois.

Hope this reassures those of you out there that his Lois will be found without too many spoilers.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Confusing but great fun. : )

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Framework4 -

I'm sorry you are confused. confused I don't want people to be confused by what's going on in my story, especially when it's going to get even more complicated in the future.

I do realize I forgot to post my usual author's note at the beginning of this post, reminding everyone of Lois and her secret identity. (I will fix this.)

I'm more than willing to lessen your confusion (clear it up) if you let me know what is perplexing you (besides my mile long scenes that get broken up over several postings - I'm working on that problem for Chapter 3).

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love how you've pegged a critical difference between Mayson and Lois:

Lois shook her head as if she’s heard this argument before. “You Kent boys,” she murmured under her breath. “Mayson is a big girl, who carries a gun for a living. I bet she can take care of herself. At the end of the day, it’s up to her.”

Mayson looked at Lois in surprise. “Thank you, Lucy. But I think Clark’s right. I wouldn’t want anyone to use me against him.”
I've never been a Mayson fan. I don't think she's strong enough for Clark. But Alt-Clark needs to distract himself from Lucy/Lois.

It seems like in the real world we should be approaching the honeymoon and the breaking of the curse. But we know the baby doesn't appear until months later in that time line, with Lois having no memory of it. It will interesting to see how you deal with this.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
I like little digs at Batman in Superman fic. laugh And the reference to the FoS was nice:
“A lair might be nice. A little home away from home. What do you think? A cave? No, too clammy and bat like.” He shivered. “A tropical island, perhaps? Oh, how about a castle of ice up at the North Pole?”
And I too worried for Mayson (even if I DON'T like her dating Clark) as she went to her car... will things end the same for her here in this dimension?

“You’ll have your day. I have it on great authority that happiness is in your future.”
clap Oh where, oh where is Alt-Lois?!

Mayson asked, “Who is Lois Lane?”

“Only the best investigative reporter that this city has ever seen,” retorted Lois.

Everyone turned to her, shocked.

She smiled, innocently, again. “Until Clark Kent.”
Brilliant! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don’t get angry, he reminded himself. Stay calm.
No removing entrails via natural orifices. No creating new orifices.

“It’s all my fault.”
laugh

“Of course Lucy,” Jaxon stammered. “Why would anyone want to shoot me? I was a mistake.”
Ouch!

“Maybe some jealous ex-boyfriend. It could be why she doesn’t date.”
Lex?

“That would be bad. Very, very bad. Unforgiveable, really. Don’t you think?”

Jaxon swallowed, again.

Clark waited, staring at him, swinging his glasses around and around.
Great. Now the nurses have to change the sheets.

“No, again. We had a difficult afternoon. She disappeared on me and, well, I’m sure you know what that’s like. My heart was in my throat.”
laugh 'Apparently, Baby likes Mommy to be invincible' (shameless steal from Charmed)

“You’re not late, Superman. Clark is.”
Oh dear.

“She is at home, right, not tucked away in some secret lair?”
laugh

Mayson watched with a raised brow as he buckled himself in.

“What? It’s the law.”
Also, he might hurt other passengers if he got flung around the car when it goes over the obligatory cliff or bridge.

“A lair might be nice. A little home away from home. What do you think? A cave? No, too clammy and bat like.”
laugh Yeah, that's for rich guys like James.

“A tropical island, perhaps? Oh, how about a castle of ice up at the North Pole?”
Well, the island might be handy with the ladies.

“I know. My father warned me. Later is no good, I plan on being on my honeymoon.” She glanced
laugh Naughty Lois!

“These are all roast beef. Where is Lucy’s vegetarian sandwich?”
laugh

“Lucy, honey, I will order you whatever you want.”

She glanced up at her boss and jerked her finger out of his hands. “Don’t call me ‘honey,’ Jimmy.”
shock

“I was wondering how she could afford this place on her salary.” She looked over at Mr. Olsen. “Now, I know.”
Yeah. Live in concubine. Very in this year.

Superman’s Main Squeeze was the headline and the photo was of his rooftop kiss with Mayson. Only the tabloid had changed the photo, so it wasn’t Clark kissing Mayson, but Superman.
Oh boy.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her glare would have burned holes in his jacket if she had had heat vision.
Good thing she's wearing glasses, huh?

Lois scanned the front page. “Oh, this isn’t good. Not good at all.” Then she opened to the story. “Clark, you’ve got to stop kissing Mayson in public, especially as Superman.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yes. Babies take 9 months to develop. Wonder if that's the same with half-Kryptonian ones? wink

MozartMaid: More on Batman later. laugh

And I too worried for Mayson (even if I DON'T like her dating Clark) as she went to her car... will things end the same for her here in this dimension?
Things in alt-dimension are both the same and different than canon dimension.

Oh where, oh where is Alt-Lois?!
I believe "lost" is the correct answer.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Glad you enjoyed the Part. smile1

No removing entrails via natural orifices. No creating new orifices.
Not recommended if one wants to people to keep calling him "Superman".

Don't know if it was here or there, but /slaps head/ Lex Luthor *Junior*! Duh!... Wrong Lois. Temporally speaking. Although, how will she deal with Our-Verse Lex Jr when she gets back?
This is pre-Luckaby in S4. She doesn't know he exists. What happens in S1-S4 canon exists in this story as it is suppose to be a S5-S6 of the show.

Great. Now the nurses have to change the sheets.
And they were flipping coins on who would be the lucky nurse NOT to get him before that incident. Or... no, I won't go there... but he DID just have surgery.

Umm... everyone knows he's Mr. Zap-Zap. Why the elaborate scheme?
How many bullet wounds has this Clark fixed with a little zap-zap? Nil. He doesn't think of it.

See? No bandage needed.
Trying to hide super healing. See note directly above.

Also, he might hurt other passengers if he got flung around the car when it goes over the obligatory cliff or bridge.
And with Mayson's death wish / curse, probably a good thing. wink She might drive like Lois.

Yeah, that's for rich guys like James.
Stop it! That idea is growing on me. laugh

Well, the island might be handy with the ladies.
This is Clark Kent not James Olsen / Bruce Wayne. He's not "handy" with the ladies.

Naughty Lois!
Why? So, she wants to live a little vicariously. She was just shot and electricuted. Give her a break.

Baby likes bacon?
No, roast beef.

Yeah. Live in concubine. Very in this year.
Clark wanted one, but she moved out. laugh wink

Good thing she's wearing glasses, huh?
So far only super hearing and super healing.

Oh boy. They could have mentioned she has a live-in recovering alcoholic?
Right and explaining what alt-Lois's Dad was doing living with Lucy El wouldn't bring up another set of questions.

Perry grinned. “You want to do a Jericho Firestorm, don’t you, Clark?
Huh...
Okay, I admit, that was a bad place to break down the posting. I really did work harder not to break up scenes in the Chapter 3. But this scene at the apartment was like mini-series big, so I apologize. blush

Did she really just concede to Clark?
No, Lucy El did. She had remain in character / secret identity and she's learning just how difficult that is. And Lucy El is supposed to be Clark's best friend from college, so she'd be all "go Clark!"

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you enjoyed the Part.
So far, it's been hard not to goofy

wave

Michael

Columnist
Columnist
I feel like this is going to end really horribly for Mayson lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I feel like this is going to end really horribly for Mayson lol
Hhhhmmmm. So I should return that wedding dress I picked out for her, then? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] I feel like this is going to end really horribly for Mayson lol
Hhhhmmmm. So I should return that wedding dress I picked out for her, then? wink [/b]
I haven't gotten that far. I didn't *hate* Mayson in the series, and I don't *hate* her in your story, but I don't know... It might take more convincing for me to be okay with Mayson & Clark. (Good thing I've barely made a dent!)

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard