Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 7:

Superman landed outside the hospital, between two parked and empty ambulances. He landed as Superman and stepped out as Clark Kent. He went to the information desk, got Jaxon’s room number and headed upstairs.

Clark took a deep breath outside the room to focus. Don’t get angry, he reminded himself. Stay calm. He knocked on the door and peered inside. “Jaxon?”

Jaxon was sitting in bed, a bandage wrapped around his left shoulder. “Clark! How’s Lucy? Is she ok?” He looked anxious.

Clark stepped into the room. “She’s fine.”

Jaxon sighed in relief. “I was worried. Superman zoomed in, grabbed her, and disappeared. And then nobody heard from either of you. I was afraid she’d…”

“No. She’ll be fine.” Clark thought he should add more, though he didn’t want to. This man was in contact with the shooter and gave him Mayson’s name. But Jaxon didn’t know that Clark knew; he had to keep his cover. “I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.”

“I understand.” Jaxon placed a smile on his face before it fell. “It’s all my fault.”
Again, I would like to thank Lynn for all her excellent BRing skills. Part 6 is 115% better because of her. Thank you, Lynn.

I will try to post part 7 this weekend; although, I have a houseguest coming (and since my guestroom doubles as my office) I might not be able to post, again, until Monday. If that's the case, I'll try to post M-W-F next week. We're coming to the end of Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 is one of my favorite.

I hope you all enjoyed this section.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/16/14 01:53 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I felt like I was in Alice and Wonderland for a few minutes. Interesting. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So Star is "Moonbeam" here! And she seems to have knowledge of the other dimensions. What an interesting take on the character. (I always liked her.)

It sounds like Sam might be getting on the straight and narrow now that his alt-daughter needs him.

I'm really enjoying this fic! Plenty of plot and a lot happening. I hope you can post more soon.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the Star of this dimension. And how exciting that alt-Clark may actually find his Lois. Though - what's he going to do about Mayson?

Does Lois get to go home after the curse is broken? Or does she need to wait until the baby is born?

Joan

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This Moonbeam reminds me of Guinan (sp?) in Star Trek TNG. She exists in all dimensions in all times. She both knows the future and the past and currentlt lives in them.

Guess my pulling for Mason to be the embodiment of alt-Lois isn't going to happen. frown

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark was beginning to understand how Kal was able to keep his secret identity secret for so long. A little subterfuge went a long way. People kept forgetting he and Superman were the same person. Take off the glasses and put on a blue suit and a red cape, suddenly he was treated differently, because people thought of him differently. Even people who knew full well that he was both Superman and Clark Kent kept forgetting.
Plausible explanation as to why no one figures out the secret--even if it means people are a little bit dense. hyper

“It isn’t a science, Dr. Lane, changing one’s past lives. Canceling a curse. Sometimes it takes a few tries. But it’s well worth it, don’t you think, Lucy?”
clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Clark, we’ve had two dates.”

“Three.”

“One whole and two half dates,” she corrected him.
A tad peeved, aren't we?

Clark shook his head. “But you and I are.”

“Oh.” Mayson touched his cheek as his words sunk in. She glanced down at the bullet proof vest. “Oh!”
huh

“Of course not, Sweetie. But I do also take referrals.”
Clark and Mayson?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Moonbeam Mayhem, Attorney at Law. Divorce.
hyper

Lois took the card and her heart sank. Who did she know that was going to need a divorce attorney?
Alt-Lois. Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan, Iolanthe, rkn, & Mozartmaid: I love Star! Moonbeam! laugh She'll be back. She's not the dimension-hopping Guinan, rkn, but she sees more / understands more than her canon dimension counterpart.

Michael: Mayson walk funny? Possbily. laugh wink

Don't worry Mayson. He's stuffing.
smile1

Alt-Lois. Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.
No comment. cool

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And, um... digital clocks don't tick. No moveable parts.
----
I was thinking of those old clocks where the numbers were on those plastic card and made a click, click sound every time they moved. I guess, technically, that doesn't count as digital, does it? [Embarrassed] The numbers LOOK digital though. [Big Grin]
Umm... actually... umm... I just realized...or re-remembered... the 'digital' refers to seeing actual digits blush So, yeah, the ticking does work. And the way old clocks might even had a real clock-work.

Baby is inside. Lack of sunlight.
/slaps head/ Duh!
[Linked Image]
But that can be changed if you have a determined enough Trask at hand.
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
I really love Star/Moonbeam! You should write a story entirely from her point of view sometime. You really capture her quite well!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I really love Star/Moonbeam! You should write a story entirely from her point of view sometime. You really capture her quite well!
THAT would be a writing experiment! Imagine trying to see things the way Star/Moonbeam does. dizzy

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Virginia!! finally I was able to find 5 minutes to comment about this story. I can't believe I haven't read before!
As usual you got me hooked from the first chapter. Really woman. you have a gift... and I'm so happy that you wanted to share your work with all of the fans laugh clap

a few comments:
1. I don't like alt-Clark + alt-Mayson's relationship!! well, anyway I think is really for the best that they kiss, instead of Lois [Linked Image]
2. I'm really happy that Sam Lane accept all about alternate dimensions! his help will be very handy, also Star's (Moonbeam). Is alt-Lucy going to appear in this story? I really hope not....
3. Junior... hummm... is he the disfigured guy? agh.... [Linked Image] certainly I don't like that crazy one.... and the idea of a complot against alt-superman between he and Trask, gives me chills....

I want to write soo much more, but I have 2 little girls jumping around me! and 2 nieces too... they want to go to the park... so, I gotta go... I hope to come back at evening...
See you!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Welcome, Chelo, to my second longest story and currently the longest story on the Archives. peep Here's a link to the Archive Version, which might be easier to read than here on the boards. Plus, my G.E., Marcelle, did a wonderful job on cleaning up all of my grammar and redundancy of phrases. I have to say, it's a better story on the Archives. notworthy

finally I was able to find 5 minutes to comment about this story. I can't believe I haven't read before!
Well, it is a long one. That can be intimidating to those of us with little leisure time.

As usual you got me hooked from the first chapter. Really woman. you have a gift... and I'm so happy that you wanted to share your work with all of the fans laugh clap
Why, thank you. [Linked Image] I became obsessed with Lois and Clark because the show ended way too early with too many questions left unanswered in my opinion.

a few comments:
1. I don't like alt-Clark + alt-Mayson's relationship!! well, anyway I think is really for the best that they kiss, instead of Lois [Linked Image]
/laugh/ Most people don't. I won't hold it against you. Although, unlike other people I didn't *hate* Mayson (or Dan), I just didn't think they were right for Clark and Lois. As for Lois and Alt-Clark help , I can't say more.

2. I'm really happy that Sam Lane accept all about alternate dimensions! his help will be very handy, also Star's (Moonbeam). Is alt-Lucy going to appear in this story? I really hope not....
I'm glad you like my alt-characters. I think alt-Lucy was mentioned in passing only. Frankly, I can't remember. [Linked Image]

3. Junior... hummm... is he the disfigured guy? agh.... [Linked Image] certainly I don't like that crazy one.... and the idea of a complot against alt-superman between he and Trask, gives me chills....
[Linked Image]. Let's just say they aren't major characters.

I want to write soo much more, but I have 2 little girls jumping around me! and 2 nieces too... they want to go to the park... so, I gotta go... I hope to come back at evening...
See you!
I know that feeling. Often I'm interrupted mid-comment, only to come back to say huh 'what was I saying?' Summer break is not one for the adults. Good luck! Thanks for reading. wave

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard