Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 2 - part 5:
Day 9

Dearest Clark, you’re alive. You’re alive. Thank god, you are alive. The last 48 hours of you bouncing between life and death have been sheer torture. Please, promise me that you won’t die on me ever again! I couldn’t take another weekend like this one. I guess, you couldn’t either.

I’m glad to hear that Lord Nor will no longer pose a threat to Smallville and Earth as a whole. I did a dance around my living room this morning after learning that the Kryptonians were going home and leaving you here with me. About time. I don’t think Earth could survive much longer with all those Kryptonians destroying everything.

Well, now we can concentrate on our wedding, our future. I hope H. G. Wells comes up with a solution to save us from… well… our honeymoon curse. I’m looking forward to officially being Mrs. Clark Kent.

Personally, I’m getting sick of Lucy El. It’s getting especially confusing over here, because I told my father that I’m his other daughter, Lucy Lane. He knows about you… kind-of. He knows I’m married to a man named Kal El, who left our honeymoon to help save innocent people from being massacred during a civil war. He thinks you are in Berkistan. And once you, my stand-in, and H.G. Wells fix the curse, I can say good-bye to this dimension for good. And come home.
Or can she?

I want to remind my readers that while Lois is over in the alternate dimension, her life as we know it from the show goes on in her dimension. Before you read part 5 (posting probably on Tuesday), please keep in mind what happens to Lois when she meets the Wedding Destroyer.

Also, I know I misquoted Clark before he gets disintegrated, hope no one minds me shortening his speech.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:26 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I feel for poor Clark. I hope you bring his Lois back soon. But other then his torture, this is going pretty well. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know Alt Clark is looking for "his" Lois, but I've always loved Mason so I'm glad to see her. Is it her fault that she did as all of us would have done and fallen in love with such a super guy?

thanks!

rkn
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Alt-Clark seems doomed to be unhappy - being in love with a Lois that doesn't seem to exist in this dimension.

Interesting to see Mayson in this dimension. It always bothered me that she threw herself at the real Clark. Let's hope things could work better in this dimension.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for all the comments.

Laura, RKN, scfiJoan - While writing this story, I kind-of fell for Alt. Clark. He has a sweetness (yet an ineptitude of women) that's all his own... He's Clark, but not.

I liked the Mayson character on the show, except for the whole part of her coming between Lois and Clark. So, I wanted to give her a chance to let her and Clark's relationship run it's course.

As I warned Lynn, the calm of character introductions has played it's course, time to put the story in storm hyperdrive. (I apologize for my metaphor).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still a little unsure as to why Sam hates Clark so much. I thought that alt-Clark didn't know a thing about the Lois in his world until canon Lois came over and "introduced" herself, which ended up in breaking alt-Clark & Lana's engagement.

So alt-Clark has been looking for his Lois ever since... right? Or did you say in the fic that alt-Clark gave up looking for Lois and that's the reason that Sam hates him?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IolantheAlias -

In the episode - Tempus Anyone?- where Tempus kidnaps Lois and takes her to the other dimension, Mr. Olsen mentions that Perry is constantly telling Lois Lane stories (which I equate to cannon Perry telling Elvis stories) and Perry mentions that he sent a team of people to the Congo to look for her.

In my story, since Clark was hired shortly after Lois disappeared he is one of the team of people sent to look for her. After everyone else gave up (and buried her), he continued to look for her, because he had fallen in love with her. Sam is angry at Clark because he promised to never stop looking for her, but then seems to do so when he agrees to marry Lana. (Personally, I can't picture the proposal, can you?)

I hope this clarifies things.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm... since you valiantly checked out all previous way too loooong FDK posts blush it looks like you might have missed Part 2/1's FDK blush At least, I hope you missed it wink Umm... yeah... this is awkward...

He frowned at her. “Where’s your first aid kit?”
Awww he gets to doctor her.

Back in her dimension, she had one in every room in her apartment. Human jinx.
Also, lot's of external damage reasons around her. Bullets. RPGs. Bombs. Gas leaks. Knifes. Fingers.

What exactly do you have against him?”

“He’s a liar.”

Lois laughed. “Not Clark.”

“He gave up on Lois.”
/sniffles/

He refused to help someone who wouldn’t help himself.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Micahel: <<still whistling innocently>> I have no idea what you're talking about. laugh blush

Awww he gets to doctor her.
Step one in evaluating new baby doctor...

Also, lot's of external damage reasons around her. Bullets. RPGs. Bombs. Gas leaks. Knifes. Fingers.
Fingers? Ugh. I don't think I want to know. :p

Awww the poor junkie missed his fix...
I see you recognize the signs of a Lois junkie.

snooooort* No, Mr. Baron Tempos. It's not my fault. I was his concubine. It was sort of in the job description!
I don't think 'ladies' were allowed to be concubines, back in the day. Although, it would have been a great excuse.

Oh dear! Det. Mayson Henderson?
Mayson is Henderson's partner, not wife in alt-dimension. For some reason, I feel more comfortable writing police detectives than lawyers.

Aaaaahhhhh! But, how are you going to deal with Mayson once Alt-Lois returns from the great beyond?
You mean that woman everyone thinks is dead and no one has seen in 3+ years?

Hellmouth acting up again?
That's in California, not Ohio.

Oh dear. Oh dear! "I'm sorry, Clark. I thought you were dead, so I and Clark..."
They didn't. She cried herself to sleep on his chest. Alt-Clark hasn't been corrupted by the dark side, yet... Still survivable in horror movies...

Don't worry. She's already knocked up by the other Clark. I'm just defiling her.
CUDDLING! Cuddling with her.

Something I wondered for a few parts. What will happen when Hollywood-actress Lucy shows up in the yellow press?
Lois doesn't know about alt-Lucy. Plus, alt-Lucy not THAT great of an actress.

He does know that that's just a challenge to Lois, right?
Still working on that Lois learning curve... So, that would be a 'no.'

Hmm... Isn't that dangerous mentioning 'investigative reporter' in front of Sam, who thinks his daughter a Hollywood starlet?
Who says that alt-Sam knows his daughter Lucy is a starlet? Just because alt-Clark found her in LA doesn't mean he told Sam about it. I should go back and add an 'under his breath' to that investigative reporter line.

Ooooh, such double meaning!
I'm sure it was the only one in the whole story too. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fingers? Ugh. I don't think I want to know.
We... Mr. Makeup in Witness, he got all handsy on her life.

I don't think 'ladies' were allowed to be concubines, back in the day. Although, it would have been a great excuse.
Nono, present day Lois is trying to explain that she didn't activate the curse. She *had* to satisfy Clark. Job description. Not private entertainment.

You mean that woman everyone thinks is dead and no one has seen in 3+ years?
Yep.

That's in California, not Ohio.
No, according to Chosen, there's a second one in Cleveland.

Still survivable in horror movies...
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard