Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78648 04/25/11 03:26 PM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, that was quite a roller coaster ride. I think that this is probably one of the most despicable Lex Luthors that I've ever seen. Oh, and what you've done to Lois is amazingly evil.

Outside in the corridor, the doctor stopped and leaned against the wall to take a deep breath, his evil grin wider than Luthor's. Few men had ever actually gotten the upper hand on Lex Luthor. He had done it. Not once, but several times.
We haven't heard the name of the doctor (and therefore don't know if he's an original character or someone from the show) and it's always nice to see Lex fooled, but his evil satisfaction doesn't make me feel much better. I'm so worried for Lois.
help
Help! Superman!

Does it make me a bad person to do the mental equivalent of plug my ears and sing, "la, la, la" whenever you write about anyone with the surname of Luckaby?

Bill Sr. was the CEO of Cost Mart
Ack! Intergang, too. Wow. My muse is bowing and scraping at the epic-ness of your story. Even more than before, I find the scope of your story to be a bit mind-boggling.

Oh, and in case I didn't make it clear before.

Lex. Ew.

B

#78649 04/25/11 04:08 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I don't want to gloat but ... heh, called it! goofy

"But we have a problem. The bitch had the audacity to spit out a female brat!"
Wow, this is definitely a more coarse version of Lex ... as evil as canon-Lex is, I can't see him letting down his veneer of sophistication like this. But, of course, so much else is different in this universe, so I guess this is just one more change. And he certainly isn't even trying to keep up the pretense around Lois or his staff ... he only wanted her as a vessel to carry the children, nothing more. In fact, choosing Lois probably helped him kill two birds with one stone -- he got "good stock" to go through the pregnancy (and perhaps contribute genetic material) and he got rid of a troublesome reporter at the same time. Grrr. grumble

At least Perry and the gang are on the case ... and bringing Clark in will end up being the best decision they've made, even if they don't know it yet. thumbsup

And now Lana is one of the researchers on the space station ... not to mention the hints about Luckabee, and then Intergang. You've definitely got a lot of balls in the air on in this story!

Kathy

#78650 04/25/11 04:23 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
The plot thickens. Poor Lois - mother of experimental children. What have Lex (and Sam Lane)done? Nice to see Clark moving closer onto the scene though an interesting twist with Lana there as well.

Joan

#78651 04/25/11 06:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Does Lana know Clark's secret in this universe?

And I'm really worried about Lois. Can her friends get her out?

I'm also very worried about the babies. Who are their parents? Is any Superman DNA involved? If so, how did Lex obtain it? Has Clark been exposed to kryptonite in this universe yet? I believe you said that Superman has gone public, so Lex must be obsessed with him.

You have scattered a lot of crumbs - where is the trail going to take us? And there is a whole lot of ominous foreboding.

Post more soon, please!

#78652 04/25/11 07:39 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just started reading this and boy, was I glad I had three chapters to read at once! Great fic! Love the premise - and yep, have to agree, this Luthor is E.V.I.L.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#78653 04/25/11 10:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! A very villainous Lex Luthor indeed!! Poor Lois! So what exactly happened? I am also assuming Superman DNA was involved-- but this might not be a bad thing ultimately. Because even if Luthor's motives and methods were deplorable, aren't these children actually Clark's? And Clark has now turned his eye to Mrs. Luthor, so I don't think all hope is lost.

I got a little creeped out with Lex looking for something to 'keep him docile,' in referring to his newborn 'son.' I'm picturing a kryptonite pacifier, and it's not a pleasant thought...

I have to say, though, I am always annoyed when Lana shows up in fic or other Superman worlds. I don't know why--- she always annoys me. Maybe because Clark is not hers and never will be. Period! :p It seems you are blending in a few plot elements from Smallville as well, with the engineered pregnancy and plot to create an army of supermen... am I far off the mark?

Anyway, very devious plotting so far. I know we're in for a ride with this fic! Bring it!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#78654 04/25/11 11:43 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Everyone has already said this, but I think it deserves to be emphasised: this Lex is E.V.I.L. and not in a good way.

I feel really bad for Lois but happy that Perry and Jimmy brought Clark on board with the investigation.

I look forward to Lois and Clark meeting for the first time.

I also get the feeling that Clark's DNA might have been involved somehow with the baby experiment.

Looking forward to more smile1

smile

#78655 04/26/11 02:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SQD! So happy to see you posting this story! YAY! hyper Even though I've already read this, I'm going to read it again, chapter by chapter, so I can appreciate it better. laugh

I have to say, though, I am always annoyed when Lana shows up in fic or other Superman worlds. I don't know why--- she always annoys me.
I'm with you there. I can't like Lana, even when she's sugar and spice and all things nice. hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#78656 04/26/11 12:32 PM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
DW said:
this Lex is E.V.I.L. and not in a good way.
rotflol

Seriously, I'm laughing. How does one be evil in a good way?

B

#78657 04/26/11 08:37 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ok, just realised how silly that sounds blush But I did mean that the authors of some fics are evil, keeping us in suspense etc. in a good way, but that Lex epitomises the meaning of true evil.

smile

#78658 05/02/11 01:27 AM
Columnist
Columnist
My muse is bowing and scraping at the epic-ness of your story.
You ain't seen nothing yet! smile1

Seriously, I'm laughing. How does one be evil in a good way?
I laughed out loud when I first read this! Nice observation. clap

But I did mean that the authors of some fics are evil, keeping us in suspense etc. in a good way
Awww... what a great compliment! laugh I hope the rest of the 'Lex' parts are just as evil! evil

SQD (who is enjoying the comments- keep 'em coming)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard