Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78536 04/20/11 09:23 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I like the premise! An already established relationship with Lex, and no Clark Kent in sight (yet!)!
Re Lex:
Oh, well, she'd think about his motives later.
Why do I think that is a HUGE mistake? help

Really intrigued where you'll take this! Will Lois begin investigating a Clark Kent before she actually meets him? And since he didn't make his debut as Superman at Eprad, where is he??

Got me hooked! Bring it on! hyper

Errata I spotted, since you asked:
heap of medal
should be 'metal' not 'medal'

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#78537 04/20/11 11:00 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Intriguing start. It will be fun to see how you develop this.

Joan

#78538 04/20/11 01:35 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Really good start. So far it seems we are seeing things as canon would have progressed without Clark. I assume you are going to leave Clark out for all of first season? Maybe have the folks on Space Station Luthor attempt to stop Nightfall and appear to be mostly successful?

I can picture Lex offering Lois a place in his underground ark and being turned down. He bobbles up as he know the attempts by Space Station Luthor will fail. While bobbled up Clark stops Nightfall without revealing himself, although the Space Station Luthor folks and people like Bernie Klein know someone/thing must have helped them.

With Luthor bobbled up Lois is able to unravel the threads of the Boss's criminal empire, it helps that Intergang is moving in and chaos is the order of the day in the formerly well controlled criminal elements of Metropolis.

Meanwhile we still don't see Clark? Or perhaps we see Clark elsewhere on the Planet? Still searching for a place he fits?

By far the largest story I'v ever written.
OK, considering the length of some of you tales that is saying something. Looking forward to it. I've enjoyed all your other tales.

As you know I tend towards nit picks. So this is about one line at the beginning.

outside the atmosphere of the moon.
Oops the moon has no atmosphere.

May I suggest you simply use the L4 or L5 point?
Thus the line would read
"Most recently there had been an attempt to build a station at the Lagrange Five point."

============================

Framework4
#78539 04/20/11 04:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start! I'm just waiting for Clark to come into the picture. Where is he, anyway?

I had to quibble about the moon's (lack of) atmosphere too. Although this does remind me of the old joke:

Q: Did you hear about the new restaurant on the Moon?
A. Yeah, it's got great food, but no atmosphere. laugh

Did she have a relationship with Lex? They'd gone on nearly two dozen dates over the last couple of months.
Wow, that's a lot of dates! It works out to about three dates a week. Is Lois spending every other evening with Luthor? Does she still know so little about him? (Of course, I'm sure that Lex is very good at deflecting questions and concealing his real personality.)

Why is Lex dating her in this reality? She's not "Superman's girlfriend" yet. Is he dating her just to keep an eye on her? Is she interfering with his crime activities?

Again, I'm waiting for Clark to show up. And what's going to happen with the space station? What about the kryptonite? I'm sure that will be signficant later. What will STAR Labs find out about the globe? Will Lois go back to get the ship once she finds the globe is an alien artifact? Will the spaceship "disappear" like it did in TV canon? (They never did say what happened to it on the show, as I recall.)

I'm really glad that you're promising us a *long* fic. Yay! Yay! Yay!

Now get out there and post more soon! wink

#78540 04/20/11 10:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, I like this start, and I have a very good guess as to the scientist's identity. I bet he won't fall over with joy when he gets to see the green rock, although fall over he might. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#78541 04/21/11 07:58 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I like this premise too!

Where is Clark Kent? And Lois wanting to examine Lex's intentions - bad idea!

SQD originally posted:
Three: Posting this between days of waiting for Female Hawk's latest part in her TMTY series gives me something to do! I want to post on her off days and we'll all have something to do. (I hope. )
If you can manage this, then I would smile1 (and it would be great to have something else to read in those day while we are waiting for Corrina to post)!

Looking forward to see where you are going with this smile1 (and another long fic from you is just perfect).

smile

#78542 04/21/11 11:17 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Where's Clark? Dead, or traveling the world?

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#78543 04/22/11 03:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Why do I think that is a HUGE mistake?
thumbsup

It will be fun to see how you develop this.
You have no idea! evil

Or perhaps we see Clark elsewhere on the Planet? Still searching for a place he fits?
Hmmm... that would be interesting. laugh

Patrick, you seem to love the Nightfall premise! The only thing I can tell you about Nightfall in this story is huh .

I had to quibble about the moon's (lack of) atmosphere too.
Thanks you guys for pointing that out. When I'd originally written this I was thinking: 'right out the Earth's atmosphere and close to the moon'. And when I wrote it, look what I got! huh

And I'm glad to see no one has a problem with this being a long fic.

Thanks for reading and for posting such great feedback.

SQD(who's hoping she'll survive the next few parts devil )

#78544 04/22/11 03:56 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We need a flying graemlin or a reporting graemlin.
We need both! That would be awesome! cool laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard