Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7814 11/10/03 09:07 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I hope everyone enjoys this little slice of life. I wrote it just today, so hopefully there aren't too many errors. smile And hopefully it doesn't make your teeth ache ... I admit I had to fight my TDASC tendencies in a couple spots <g> but hopefully the end result is balanced enough to be worth it. smile

All comments appreciated. smile

Kathy

#7815 11/10/03 09:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, Kathy, that was so sweet... very Clark-like to want to take care of Lois, and the awkward touches about Dan added just the right amount of tension wink

PJ
who should really be writing her own fic, instead, but couldn't resist this short thing smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#7816 11/10/03 09:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
<Sigh>!

What a perfect little pick-me-up story for a gray fall day! I loved Clark being so sweet and Lois letting him take care of her.

Especially loved the home-made macaroni and cheese. My first thought was about the Blue Box, too. I guess Lois and I think alike - homemade stuff is pretty fancy.

Good job, Kathy. I'm impressed that this is just a little something you threw together in one day! Pretty amazing.

thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#7817 11/10/03 09:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Nice story Kathy smile1

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#7818 11/10/03 09:20 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
razz razz Another WAFFy sweetie of a fic. You people are really, really dangerous. goofy

Clark was so... well, Clark. And LOL at the whole DP knowing they could go to him for info on Lois! Until he asked so cluelessly, I was assuming it was post S4, and that LnC were married. But this works out much, much better. smile

...A man who cleans bathrooms. If that's not a sign of true love, I don't know what is. laugh

Hazel, who might have to join Tank in looking for those insulin meds wink

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#7819 11/10/03 09:22 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Kathy! This is great! thumbsup

Right from the time when Clark is wondering why everyone assumes he's up-to-date on Lois's condition, to that perfect ending, I was completely hooked notworthy That scene in the supermarket was expertly done - I loved the fact that he calls Lois 'his girlfriend' rotflol So perfectly in character, and awwww, at the way he takes care of her!! laugh

This was wonderful, Kathy! Don't leave it too long till your next fic, huh? wildguy

Sara laugh

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#7820 11/10/03 09:31 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Oh, I love it! You are so sweet.

I think my favorite part might have been everyone at the paper assuming he was checking in on her. And I loved that he thought momentarily about not calling her just to prove them wrong, but gave up on that almost immediately.

His foray into women's magazine's was great too. And I loved hearing him refer to Lois as "my girlfriend."

The fact that Clark came to stay and help and do errands while Dan just stood in the doorway. Even if Clark weren't Superman, we all know he'd have braved her germs to take care of her.

This was exactly what I needed to get me through my day at work today. I admit, I'd rather have read it laying in bed, but it's been a great pick me up.

Thanks!
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#7821 11/10/03 09:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! Kathy, thank you so much!!! razz And feeling as if I have an appetite again, but nothing seems tempting enough.

Like everyone else, I adored everyone asking Clark how Lois is and his complete cluelessness as to why they come to him for news. goofy

As for macaroni cheese, doesn't everyone make their own? wink /me almost made it for dinner tonight <g>

Great choice of films! Really nice. Oh, and these lines:

Gazing into his eyes, Lois just listened to the message, then leaned over until her cheek was resting against Clark's shoulder. Snuggling closer to him, she just shook her head. "I think I'll call him back ... maybe in a few days ... after he's gone."

As her words filtered and the machine turned off, Clark returned his empty bowl to the coffee table then lifted his arm so that he could wrap it around Lois's shoulders. He felt her snuggle against him and as he released a contented sigh, he knew that they were each right where they needed to be ... together.
were the absolute perfect finish. Wonderful!!!

Wendy (who is definitely beginning to feel better now! laugh )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#7822 11/10/03 10:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Kathy,

Loved the story. It's going on my hard drive, so that the next time I have the flu which is usually once or twice a year, I can pull this out for a quick pick-me-up.

It was all soooo perfect. The only thing better would be to have Clark visit me.

Barb.

#7823 11/10/03 10:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
nice

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#7824 11/10/03 11:54 AM
Blogger
Blogger
That was wonderful! Perfectly sweet.

#7825 11/10/03 12:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww. No, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it's beautiful. smile )

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#7826 11/10/03 12:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kathy,
nice and waffy
loved it
merry

#7827 11/10/03 12:56 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A bane to diabetics everywhere.

Tank (who thinks that Kathy and Gerry are trying to kill him)

#7828 11/10/03 01:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#7829 11/10/03 03:00 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ADORABLE!!

I wish my husband had such good ideas when I'm sick..*sigh* drool

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#7830 11/10/03 03:18 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a waffy story! It made me forget abt my miserable 3 month old sinus infection for a while! Thank you so much! notworthy

one comment:
Clark pushed his cart through the market, trying to think of what else he should buy.
He forgot the Double Fudge Cruch bars! shock

#7831 11/10/03 10:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww! Very, very sweet, Kathy! smile I also loved the subtle message in the end, when Lois finally takes some sort of decision regarding Clark and Dan. Yay!! smile1

Annie and Wendy, feel better, you two! wave

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#7832 11/11/03 12:23 AM
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Wow, Kathy! Thank you for this. It´s just perfect...
Sil

#7833 11/11/03 04:45 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Kathy, that was so sweet! Good thing I love all things sugary from candy to cookies to WAFFs laugh . Gosh, I need to find a boyfriend like Clark -- he isn't even her boyfriend yet and he is still so amazing!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard