Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Gerry,
I love this! It is adorable and so very WAFFy.
I love your cinnamon bun and Tin Woodsman metaphors--very nicely used.
This just brought a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing!! clap
-Wanda
PS: I sometimes share a cinnamon raisin bagel with a co-worker. She eats the raisins and I eat the bagel!! LOL

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Kerth
Kerth
Cute blush and WAFFY laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story. drool

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Gerry this is so cute very nice. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Adorable, gerry. The conversation between Lois and Clark was nicely underscored by Lois picking out her raisins and giving them to Clark and by how she prepared his coffee for him.

Lovely!

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gerry, I agree with Irene: lovely job of illustrating Lois's closeness to Clark - and all the reasons he sticks around and waits for her - while she's arguing the opposite.

(And, as someone who loathes raisins and picks them out of lots of things, I approve of the device! goofy )

Thanks for posting this.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great story, Gerry! Congratulations! clap

LOL on the ending line laugh

Write more!!

AnnaBtG. (who likes raisins a lot)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awwwww. Very clever, very cute, very waffy. thumbsup

But I think they're both wrong. Plain raisins -- blech. Raisins in things -- yum! wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice job Gerry! clap

Very sweet!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Other people used my adjective already! Gerry, this story is just plain adorable. smile

I loved how Clark just automatically ate her raisins as she picked them out -- the thing is, Perry or Jimmy wouldn't eat them, even if raisins were their favorite food. They just don't have that same kind of intimacy with Lois that Clark does, even before they are dating, and I think this was a really neat way of showing that.

As for their debate over the original letter, I thought it was really well done. I found it especially fascinating because I would have taken the same side as Lois did -- Cynthia is clearly fooling herself -- yet Clark makes some really good points about how there is probably more to the story. The most telling thing, though, is the fact that he's willing to go to such lengths to fill in those blanks. His tenacity should tell Lois something, so I was very pleased when she did in fact put the pieces together.

Very nicely done. smile

Oh, and I do understand about pulling scenes from other stories and reworking them. I've done that with a couple of my archived stories, too. I think this is great as a stand alone, but if you decide to put it back and build a longer story around it, I think it would be very sweet as well.

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Darn it, a third purely WAFFy story that I like! You people are insidious. goofy

Truly lovely, Gerry. As Kathy said, I loved the casual intimacy implied by Clark eating Lois' raisins - and the casual way they both did it so automatically. It's sweet to watch them doing "couple" things without Lois even realizing they're a couple in the first place!

Thanks for sharing this one, Gerry.

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

This is wonderful. smile1

Thanks for sharing this lovely story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. clap

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Gerry,

So clever and so well done.

The unspoken parts are my favorite. I know that's been mentioned, but I really enjoyed the intimacy of the two of them sitting down to eat together, and how unconscious and unforced it was. Like an old married couple underneath all the words.

Really nice.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Gerry, this was so sweet! Thanks for pulling it out of your HD and sharing it with us. drool

I love the casual way Lois picks out her raisins and Clark eating them. LOL! My younger sister Jennifer used to pick out her raisins too, saying they looked liked fried flies. That put me off raisins for a while, too! laugh

thumbsup

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Gerry,

I always make it a point to read anything that you have written. You have a way of seeing things that is just so fresh and this story was no exception. I greatly enjoyed it and think that you never have to make it part of a longer story, it sits perfectly just as it is as a short story.

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Features Writer
Features Writer
Gerry,
I agree with the others
sweet and waffy
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard