Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
She opened the bathroom door, and excitement welled inside her. She didn't know how Clark would react to the two items, but she was looking forward to giving them to him.

He was sitting at the little table, still looking dazed.

Lois walked over to him and held out the paper bag. "This is for you," she said, trying to infuse her words with the affection she felt for him.

His eyes rested on it for a second, and then he took it. "Thanks."

"Look inside," Lois urged.

He did, and Lois saw the surprise register on his face ... followed closely by a smile that - although restrained - warmed her heart.

He looked up at her. "Lois ..."

"Do you like them?"

"Lois, this is too much."

"No, it's not," she said. And it hadn't been. It had eaten into their supplies of cash, but she had been desperate to do anything to help Clark assimilate back into the world. "Do you like them?"
Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They seem to be coming along quickly. I am happy at how they are developing. I am a little confused by Daniels message but I hope Lois takes it as a good thing. Looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
I might be saying this with every part, but this one is now my favorite. I loved the steps taken here, the caring between them both, the playful moment, the quiet doubts of both, and their very open conversation.

I was very struck by the point about how isolated Clark had been and how foreign touch now was to him. Which is incredibly tragic because Clark seems to be a very tactile person.

Another favorite moment--I'm trying to pinpoint just a few so I don't just go over the entire part--is when Lois asks him to counter what Trask and Moine brainwashed him into thinking with what she sees in him. It's kind of a reflection of how Lois wanted to see the world through Clark's eyes in the fourth season.

Another mirror reflection is the fact that this time it's Lois who's trying to be only friends so she doesn't scare off Clark. This is a nice turnaround, and parts of this section reminded me a bit of Clark and Lois's relationship just after the almost-wedding with Luthor.

I love Lois's straight-on method of addressing things--particularly her comment about being a bit impetuous. His return diplomacy had me laughing. The conclusion Clark draws about how he wants to be with her forever was heartwarming.

I can't wait to see what the gift is! Does it have anything to do with the poem?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love the warming up! I'm looking forward to a conversation that will reveal their connection/common ground to Clark.. Right now he is so self-doubting he breaks my heart!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Things are moving forward, if slowly. It's been heart-rendering seeing Clark's isolation and Lois' desire to bring them back to the closeness they had in the cell. I liked her efforts with the paper plane smile It was also sweet to see Lois take the plunge and finally just curl up with Clark... even though with sleeping bags that can be a little tricky. wink

I too was perplexed by Scardnino's message...
His nephew (I can't remember who Menzie's nephew is!)might return following the death of his colleague (who? Lois? As in they'll fake her death too??) on Friday.
I hope Lois can puzzle it out better than I can. huh

Most enjoyable story, Corrina smile
As always, looking forward to more!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part again! Loved Lois being impetuous and snuggling up to Clark! And her efforts with the paper plane was sweet! clap

I am also curious to see what the gifts are!

And Menzies' nephew is Moyne, though the message is still a little cryptic. Obviously, Lois will figure it out!

Looking forward to more (we really are greedy, aren't we?) laugh

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
DW,
thanks for clarifying. That was my first thought and then I doubted it. :p

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woo hoo! Another chapter of TMTY! goofy

I am loving this story, and cannot wait to read more!

PS - I hope your daughter arrived safely and you are enjoying her time back home! wave

PPS - I forgot to say that I, too, am very curious to see what the gifts were! Two items. What could they be? Like AntiKryptonite, I thought of the poem, and wondered if maybe she'd bought him a journal and pen. Or, since she says it is to help him assimilate back in the world, maybe something more practical? Like a forged birth certificate and Soc. Sec. card? (Where she would get that I have no idea, but if she could get a license plate...? ETA: nope. That's not it. I see now that she bought his gift in a store next to the pawn broker.) Or, a hammer and wood to make more trays? WHAT could it be?!? confused

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay another part is up!

I think someone has mentioned this before but this part has shown many similarities between Clark and Sam.
Both have to recover from a massive change in their lifes although Sams recovery seems to be mostly physical ... his mind seems to be mostly intact but his body won't obey. Clark on the other hand has to recover emotionally - his physical wounds inflicted by Moyne and Trask have healed completely if I remember correctly.
Both have to relearn several things which used to be normal for them, which are normal for most people.

I loved that Lois and Clark slept close to each other - even kind of embraced - I'm sure this kept many bad thoughts and dreams away.

I really would like to know where Moyne is at the moment ... but doesn't that mean that he has deserted or something like that? Menzies isn't able to straighten that out, is he?
... I fear that the next time we see Moyne will be when Lois and Clark will see him ... thumbsup

Kathryn

PS: I hope you have a great time with your daughter.

Kathryn
Merriwether
Merriwether
Another great part. I really liked the addition of Scardino's message at the end of the chapter -- I love the hints of cloak and dagger stuff in this story, and it was nice to see what Scardino chose to communicate to Lois. In just a few words, he was able to tell Lois that she's not going to be chased nor does she need to return immediately ("he doesn't want to interrupt her vacation"), Clark has been declared dead, Menzies is satisfied, and Moyne could be returning to Metropolis. (So glad she's aware of that last one!)

Also loved how Clark is starting to relax around her, and especially the breakthrough of them cuddling at night. Physical affection with Lois was something that always defined Clark, even before they were dating, and it has been heartbreaking to see that this Clark had been "trained" to be so uncomfortable with it that he just wanted to be alone. So for Lois to finally breach that barrier that he'd had to construct was a huge leap forward for him psychologically. Fabulous!

Kathy

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm also very happy with Scardino's message. Turns out he's not as big of a jerk as he first appeared. I want to give Shadbolt a big smooch for supporting Lois, but I fear he just wouldn't be interested. wink

Moyne will be back. I can only hope that his uncle will see the futility of covering up for him and has him held accountable for the murders he committed. Maybe the newly minted Superman will end up saving Menzies from his deranged nephew at some point in the future. This event, of course, will let Martha Kent know that her son is alive and is now living in Metropolis.

Looking forward to both of these happy events.
laugh

Vicki said:
I, too, am very curious to see what the gifts were! Two items.
WHAT could it be?!?
Well, wedding rings, of course! How can they properly go undercover as a married couple without them?

grovel

Looking forward to the next part.
B

Top Banana
Top Banana
BJ said:
Well, wedding rings, of course!
Heh. I like that idea. drool

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm afraid this is going to be short. Brain's not up to much right now help

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Could this be my favorite installment yet? Maybe. Could I be saying that at the beginning of every chapter yet to come? Probably.<happy sigh> Loved it.

They stopped at a Chinese restaurant to buy a takeout meal and not long afterwards, passed a motel in slightly rundown condition.
Mmm, nothing like Chinese food in the middle of nowhere. laugh

She wanted to be with Clark - forever. She had found the man who completed her. The man who fulfilled everything she wanted in her life partner. She needed him, and she loved him.
Awh. Now if only Clark would believe her if she told him that.

"Isn't it a bit weird to suddenly levitate during supper?"

"No," Lois said. "Not when there's just us."
Once again love Lois' subtle reassurances that his powers aren't as freakish as he believes. On a side note throughout this story there have events that I have looked forward to as Clark gains more freedom ... first time talking with Lois, the shave and haircut, and his first shower. I just realized what my next anticipated happening is (other than first kiss laugh )... first time flying with Lois! I hope they make it there.

Hmm, very curious to see the gifts.

She turned to the plane and as she did, it lifted slightly off the bed and settled six inches further on - right in the middle of the tissue.
Hah! They're so cute together when the weight of their situation lifts for a moment.

Is that why Lois was so unwavering in her determination not to leave him?

Was this an attempt to find redemption for what had happened to her friend?
No you lunkhead, it's b/c she loves you!

"Every single time you are torturing yourself with memories of things they said about you, I want you to tell yourself, 'Lois says that I am a fine man, full of integrity and with a good heart.' Then, you need to decide who you are going to believe."

"Is that really what you think? About me?"

She nodded, eyes solemn, face sure. "It's really what I think."
Awh - this was so sweet. I love the mental picture of Clark in the Pooh sleeping bag reacting to Lois' assertions about his humanity. And then the sleeping positions? Priceless. Lois' impetuous nature couldn't have picked a better time to shine through. thumbsup

He wanted to be with Lois. Always
At least they're both thinking the right way towards one another even if they're not saying how they feel. Baby steps.

I'm so glad the rods were destroyed. I only hope that Moyne doesn't have his own private Kryptonite stash somewhere. Not sure why he would, but at this point I wouldn't put it past him. Scardino's message thumbsup

Can't wait for more - hope you're enjoying your time with your daughter. twins

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Thanks for the comment, Laura. There isn't much I can respond to without giving hints about future developments!

AntiK

Another mirror reflection is the fact that this time it's Lois who's trying to be only friends so she doesn't scare off Clark.
One of the things that excited me about this story right from the start was the chance to explore a Lois who was certain about her feelings for Clark and a Clark who had good reason for his doubts.

I can't wait to see what the gift is! Does it have anything to do with the poem?
No. laugh

Joy

I'm looking forward to a conversation that will reveal their connection/common ground to Clark.
What can I say? Ah ... yeah.

MozartMaid

Lois' desire to bring them back to the closeness they had in the cell.
I see the cell as being a really unnatural environment. Their closeness was great - but not sustainable in the real world. You're right - Lois is trying really hard.

DW

Obviously, Lois will figure it out!
With a little help from Clark ... you know, the hottest team in town and all that? wink

Vicki

You get the virtual chocolate chip cookies for being first, Vicki smile1

(Am I close?)
Spot on!

Kathryn

Good points re the similarities between Clark and Sam.

Sams recovery seems to be mostly physical
Yes and no. There is often a huge emotional adjustment to living with the effects of a stroke. Sam is probably struggling with that, but because I haven't written any scenes from his POV, it hasn't been easy to show it.

I really would like to know where Moyne is at the moment ... but doesn't that mean that he has deserted or something like that? Menzies isn't able to straighten that out, is he?
I'm assuming that the nature of the job is that close supervision isn't possible. It's going to be hard for Scardino to prove that Moyne hasn't gone to where he was sent. I mean, he can hardly call and ask if anyone has seen an American secret agent, can he? laugh

Good points re the message.

Kathy Very true about the touching. In canon, it *did* characterise their relationship.

Brenda

I'm also very happy with Scardino's message. Turns out he's not as big of a jerk as he first appeared.
Perhaps he's learnt something from his contact with Lois!

Nice speculation. As usual, I can't comment. wink

Michael

Now without the sleeping bags, please?
Patience, Michael. wink We wouldn't want to scare Clark away, would we?

Emily

I just realized what my next anticipated happening is (other than first kiss )... first time flying with Lois!
See Part 6!

Thanks everyone for such lovely FDK. When the early parts of a story are well-received, sometimes it's a worry that the rest will disappoint. I'm so glad that's not the case (so far wink )

Thanks for good wishes re my daughter's return. She arrived safely, and it is *so* good to have her back again.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We wouldn't want to scare Clark away, would we?
Well...

Lois, what are you doing? You can't pull my shirt off. No, don't lie on my naked skin. That's... just... not... I've... got... to... Um... Lois... could you help me, please? It seems my arms aren't cooperating with letting go.

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard