Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Annie, I know exactly how you feel with that losing your voice thing - I'm currently down with flu and haven't been able to speak properly for two days. frown So it's a real treat to be able to read a lovely piece of fic. thumbsup

Everyone else has said all the nice stuff about the post-revelation conversation. Really nice stuff! And the gossip at the Planet was a lot of fun. Yes, Lois should certainly feel a sense of one-up'person'-ship about being an item with Clark!

Yes, I agree with Laura: I think she should have asked him to stay. smile You're doing a nice job of showing us how much Lois is missing sleeping next to Clark and being held by him - so just how difficult is it for her to whisper 'Stay' as he's on the point of walking out the door? Though I'm guessing that this is what the rest of the story will be about, so I'm prepared to wait and see how it develops.

More soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
I couldn't resist... I'm weak blush

You can possibly expect me to get up at six to read this right away
Or reading it before going to bed.... :p

Jose (running fast enough to make Trask think that there is another Kryptonian in the planet hyper )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie - I'm so thrilled that you're posting this! And I'm behind on my feedback, so I didn't get the chance to tell you how much I loved the revelation in Part 1 - like everyone else has said, the line itself has already become a classic, and I love how Clark needed to tell her as himself - as her boyfriend - and not as Superman. thumbsup

And in Part 2, I absolutely, totally love this. And yes, I know that several others have already quoted it, but I'm sure that everyone will want to read it again because it's just so wonderful, so I'll quote it here... [Linked Image]
Clark took a deep breath and continued. “I’ll fight for you. I'll tell you that you are the most important thing in my life and that I will do anything to make this up to you. I'll tell you that I've loved you from the moment I met you and that every day I love you more than the last. I'll tell you that my life is meaningless without you and that you are the only thing that keeps me going when things get rough. I'll beg you to stay with me and plead with you to love me. But if you still want to walk away, there's nothing I can do because it's your choice."

Lois' lip trembled as she listened to his impassioned speech. "Why me? You could have any woman in the world? How can I possibly mean so much to you?"

"Lois, you mean everything to me. I don't want anyone else. You are the only one I want. The only one I've ever wanted. The only one I will ever want. I love you."
I'm so happy that Lois was able to get over her anger so rapidly, recognizing Clark's confusion in all this too. Yay, Lois!

And I hadn't even thought about word spreading from gossipy reporters from other newspapers at the conference. Great idea, Annie! Juicy news travels fast...

She remembered Kim now. She was the copy editor from the San Diego Union Tribune.
Hey, that's my local paper... smile

And I loved the fact that Lois was pro-active with the two gossipy women at the DP, rather than just hiding in a corner doing nothing...and I love the lovely scene with L&C at her apartment where he's rubbing her legs while reading and she realizes that she's seeing the *real* Clark, and I love... well, I could just go on and on and on...

But at least there are only a few more hours to go until Part 3 is posted. laugh

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks again to everyone who commented on this section. I really appreciate it and I'm so glad everyone seems to be enjoying this so far.

My responses are going to be brief this time because I'm just too tired to think properly right now. Forgive me and know that I really did love all the comments, even if I don't respond in detail.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Clark's impassioned plea to Lois, telling her he knew it was her decision. I actually wrote that paragraph about halfway through writing Playing the Part and I've been waiting forever to use it.

Also I was intrigued by the comments about Lois' reaction to the gossip. Knowing how freaked out she is about gossip, particularly in this Universe, it's been a running theme, it didn't occur to me to make her be at least a little smug at first. I think I might go back and tweak that just a tiny bit.

I know people are disappointed that she didn't ask him to stay. But I have my reasons, which you'll see for yourselves soon enough.

Thanks again!
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm a bit late responding, Annie, I'm just catching up on this and loving every line! thumbsup

This is my favorite:

He looked like a mix of Clark and Superman, and she realized that this was her Clark that she was seeing. The real Clark. Not the Clark Kent who most of his friends and colleagues knew – the Clark who had to hide his abilities, his heritage and his second job. And not Superman – the unselfish, perfect superhero who flew in when he was needed and then quietly disappeared until he was called for again. The real Clark; the Clark known only to his parents. And now to her.
You're doing a terrific job in describing both their thoughts. I'm looking forward to read the next part.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard