Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
I hope this lived up to expectations. What do you think so far?

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yayyyyyyy!!! whinging (happy tears)!!!

and...

“Clark...” she started. She couldn’t bear the thought of him leaving tonight. She wanted desperately for him to follow her into the bedroom and climb in bed with her, holding her until she fell asleep.
-- YES, So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i'm gonna go start counting down the hours until Part 3 is posted!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow... this is fabulous. I'm glad we got past the "Lois is furious" stage fairly quickly; the rest of this is lovely and WAFFy. Well, except for the office gossip, although even that was entertaining <g> If *I'd* seen L&C behaving like that, I'd send out a few emails, too! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Annie,

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

I've read so many revelations - I love a revelation story- but off the top of my head I can't think of a sweeter one.

I adore how Clark lays it on the line. Puts his heart out there. And how you let Lois be mad. If there's a "Lois would definitely be mad" club, then I'm a member.

And you handled that so nicely. Didn't gloss over it, didn't go over the top, but let it play out gently.

Well, I know you're not posting every day. But I really wish you were,

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
I’ll fight for you. I'll tell you that you are the most important thing in my life and that I will do anything to make this up to you. I'll tell you that I've loved you from the moment I met you and that every day I love you more than the last. I'll tell you that my life is meaningless without you and that you are the only thing that keeps me going when things get rough. I'll beg you to stay with me and plead with you to love me. But if you still want to walk away, there's nothing I can do because it's your choice
Aww..*sob* thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh! she wasn't that angry with him wink

Gossips in the newsroom razz

waiting for more! smile

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
ME DOES HAPPY DANCE.... dance

after being peeved that i DID fall asleep before
you posted.... mad

this was great...the smoochies...lois not being mad...the smoochies...the gossip...the smoochies...heh heh heh

can't wait til tomorrow around midnight...this is one time that i'm glad i have no date on the weekend :rolleyes:

WAITING COMPLETELY IMPATIENTLY (correct grammar) oh heck, you get what i mean...

hurry hurry hurry hurry evil

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter, Annie.

I think my favorite line is this:
He didn't need glasses to see, he needed glasses to keep people from seeing the truth.
Something really profound about that.

Overall, so sweet the way Clark confessed his fears and what he'd do to keep her but that he knew in the end it was her choice.

Also loved this:
Lois gritted her teeth and reminded herself that Clark would not be offering any “benefits” to either of these women.
And I really liked the scene with the two of them on the couch. I could just picture Clark reading with Lois's legs stretched out on his lap, him rubbing them absently. So perfectly in tune with the comfortable togetherness that they seem to have reached.

OK, gotta know what happens now. Who's going to make the first move to take things to the next level wink

Great Job.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Darn it all, Annie! How the heck am I supposed to get any of my backlog of paperwork done when you post such fantastic sections of your story???

When I got online today, I read part 2 and loved it. Then I read it again. And then I had to go back and reread part 1. And of course, then I had to go to the archive and reread Playing to Win. But even that wasn't enough, so I reread Playing the Part, read Playing to Win yet again, reread part 1 and reread part 2... again.

My desk is not getting cleaned off, and it's all your fault!! mad

But seriously, if you want to help me with my dilemma, you could quickly post parts 3 and 4 - or send them to me by email if you're not ready to share with anyone else yet - and then I could wallow to my heart's content and get this out of my system.

Fantastic story. There's too much that I loved for me to single out any one thing, although the office gossips were a lot of fun.

I'm just loving everything about this, and it looks like Playing for Keeps is going to be as wonderful as Playing the Part and Playing to Win have been.

In the absence of parts 3 and 4, I guess I'm going to have to make do by rereading Anybody's Baby, All Alone, Kindred Spirits, By Firelight, Desperately Seeking Clark.... Well, you get the picture.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well You know I loved it. It was just perfect<g> sigh.... But I would have asked him to stay ;-) laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

WOW! Beautifully written! smile1
The couch scene is great. So WAFFy! sloppy

I love this and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

The revelation was handled very well. You were able to allow Lois all the emotions without letting any of them over power the moment.

I like the idea of Lois overhearing some gossip about her and Clark, but I thought she might have taken a little more pleasure in the women's obvious jealousy of what she knows she has.

Tank (who is looking forward to when Lois can actually flaunt her relationship with Clark in front of those ladies)

Columnist
Columnist
Just a quick note to follow Tank's comments -

Annie, be aware of how good this story really is. Tank was so blown away, he forgot to remind you to cut Lois's hair!! laugh

Irene wink

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Just a quick note to say that the responses so far (ahem, Irene) have made my day. I'm having a seriously crappy day due to the fact that I've strained my vocal cords or some such thing and almost completely lost my voice. Not ideal ever, certainly not ideal when one's job is as a nanny. And not only did I have my two boys today, I had an extra five year old. Everyone is in bed now (but I'm still stuck at work for two more hours) but I'm actually exhausted by the sheer effort of talking all day. All I want is to fall into bed and sleep all weekend. But, alas, my best friend is in town and so I have to go straight from work out to a night on the town. I have no idea how I'm going to survive. Anyway, sorry that was such a long whine, but the point is that I sat down to the computer nearly in tears and wound up laughing so hard I nearly cried.

A million thanks,
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
AnnieM,

I've loved the two previous stories, and this is just wonderful. As with other people, I loved the revelation scene and thought that Clark passionately explaining his love, hopes, and fears to Lois was very moving.

I think my favorite part of 2, though, was the scene on the couch. There are so many revelation scenes that proceed quickly to Clark spinning into Superman and flying away. I absolutely loved the fact that they had this whole scene talking/joking about speed reading and Moby Dick before Lois is confronted with the reality of Clark's dual identity. It made the "Wow" moment that much more stunning.

Looking forward to part 3. Hope you get/got through your evening.

Martha

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie...... WOW, WOW, WOW!!! clap

I notworthy notworthy

S (who proudly accepts any "blame" for this story wink )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Top Banana
Top Banana
Incredible so far, Annie! Normally I hate revelations because I figure that if Lois gets mad and storms off, its not nice because I dont want to see them fight, and if she's not mad it isn't very plausible. But you stood up to the challenge with excellence! clap notworthy

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'd been looking forward to reading this story ever since you finished playing to win. You know how sometimes, when you're eager to do something, or waiting for something to happen real bad, you end up disappointed? You build up expectations and sometimes things turn out to be different than expected. (yeah , I know, no one should have to live up to other people's expectations... I'm coming to that laugh ).

One thing is for sure; I didn't expect what you did in part 2. I thought, like many, that you would have Lois deliver her anger, but wait until parts three and four to fix things. But far from being disappointed, I loved it clap

Btw, midnight your time?? C'mon, that's like six a.m. MY time! You can possibly expect me to get up at six to read this right away wildguy

Cris

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ooops, I posted my commente without reading the rest first (sorry, that's what a busy RL will do to you wink )

Anyway, Annie said:

I hope this lived up to expectations
Like I said, it's not a matter of living up to expectations (even if we do it all the time laugh , or so I remember a certain handsome reporter saying once); I think it's more a matter of doing things your way, but doing them right (You did it great, btw) thumbsup

Cris

Cris
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard