Print Thread
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Alicia

This part is excellent! Such a lot of fun! smile1 Their conversation is exactly how I’d imagined it would be. Their reactions to each other are great. They are so much alike and you did a wonderful job showing it.
I love how Lois’s idea to start again backfired until eventually it took thoughts of Clark for both of them to realize what was happening. It shows their trust in Clark and what he thinks. Both Clark’s would definitely have thought that they were acting very childishly. clap

I’m enjoying this immensely and look forward to the next part.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Brilliant conversation between the two women!! Exactly how the two of them would behave IMO.

Wonderfully done, Alicia! I'm enjoying the whole story, and this installment was fantastic.

More!

Irene
who's back from Vegas, poorer, wiser.... Nah, who's kidding whom? No wiser, just poorer!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alicia, I'm still giggling here! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
I'm coming in on the story late, so I clicked on the TOC link hoping to be able to read the first ten parts - but I got a message telling me that only moderators and administrators can perform this function. Huh? Us normal folk can't catch up on a story?

So, how can I read your story to date? I really wanna...

Melisma (feeling blue here under her Rock)

frown

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois felt her cheeks flushing. This wasn’t how it was supposed to work. Obviously Dr. Lois had just challenged her. “Well, I will eventually win the Pulitzer Prize.” She raised her eyebrows and waited for Dr. Lois’s retort.

“Huh,” was the first thing out of Dr. Lois’s mouth. Who cared about the Pulitzer Prize? “The Pulitzer Prize? I’m going to win the *Nobel* Prize plus I’m going to be elected to the National Academy of Engineering.” Now that was definitely a better award if she had ever seen one. Heck, it was probably two or three times the award – or even fifty times the award, if she was really going to be technical.

Lois felt her cheeks redden when she said, “Well, I get published every day in the ‘Daily Planet.’ People all around the world know my name.”
ROTFL! rotflol rotflol rotflol

This is priceless, Alicia! Too funny! I love their competitive spirits. And so totally 'Lois'. I think it will be great to see them working together instead of fighting. wink

And I like how both Clarks are dealing with each other. They're really cool guys. cool

I'm looking forward to reading more! smile

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All fixed now, Mel. What had happened was that Alicia had linked to the editing screen for her ToC, rather than to the ToC post itself. It's a common enough mistake; I've done it myself. blush

Anyway, I've edited the link, so now you can see the ToC and get caught up on this fascinating and very funny story. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lois Lane meets Lois Lane. Whoa! smile

Very funny, and exactly wht I always thought their meeting would be like.

More!

--meclone2--

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Ditto everybody above. That scene between 2 Loises was extremely well written. smile I was laughing so hard... smile

twins
metwin1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow..

It's was great to see both Loiss together.. well written...

Looking foward for more

Meni thumbsup

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Alicia! That was a lot of fun, and it was great how they finally managed to find something in common despite themselves. Meanwhile Clark and Dr Clark are working together like a well-oiled machine - how typical!

Great stuff, Alicia. Keep it coming. smile

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1
PS
Part 13.

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Blogger
Blogger
Wonderful part, Alicia! thumbsup

We are dying to learn how Dr. Lois and Dr. Clark solved their fertility problem. Are you going to tackle that one?

We'll be reading!

Casey & Christine sloppy

I am a citizen of the world - Socrates
Features Writer
Features Writer
Alicia,
Sorry I'm so late in commenting
I'm having computer problems - I was commenting last night and the computer cratered
good section good conversation
more soon please
merry

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you Tricia, Irene, Wendy, Ursie, metwin1, meclone2 (I think the numbers look cool after your names, too smile ), Meni, Yvonne, Maria, Casey & Christine, and Merry for your comments! I am sorry that I've taken so long to respond. I am so, so grateful that you all are reading and enjoying this story.

I love how Lois’s idea to start again backfired until eventually it took thoughts of Clark for both of them to realize what was happening. It shows their trust in Clark and what he thinks. Both Clark’s would definitely have thought that they were acting very childishly.
Yay, that is exactly what I was trying to show. I am really glad that it came out. A lot of the time, when I write, things get stuck in my head and don't come out well. So I am really glad that this did! smile

As the conversation grew, I could see the similarities increase by the second. And you did a terrific job of showing how competitive each was - not only in their chosen career, but both dying to compete with each other and win. So Lois!
Again, that is exactly what I was trying to show!

And thanks, Wendy, for fixing the TOC link. I wasn't paying attention when I was doing it - and it was about 3am to boot - so my mind obviously wasn't working blush Sorry about that, Melisma. It was just an honest mistake.

I'm really sorry, but there is going to be a little delay in posing the next part. I've had a horrible week with a statistics project that I had to finish (with very little help from my group until I had to threaten them), so I haven't had a chance to get a lot of writing done. I know what I want to happen in the last couple of parts, but I just haven't had a chance to turn outline into writing. I hope to have the next couple of parts written over the weekend. But, on the happy side, I got a 4.0 this semester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'm a little happy smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But, on the happy side, I got a 4.0 this semester!
Congrats, Alicia! wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard