Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74917 10/29/10 09:48 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Before we get to the preview of the next chapter, I want to thank Iolanthe for her amazing help in this fic.

Firstly, it was her idea to combine my love of LnC with my passion for footy. Then, she gave me constant encouragement and assurance that, despite including so much footy, the fic would hold interest for non-Aussies. Also, she watched many vids and gave me her reactions - I really needed that so I could describe how Clark would see things unfamiliar to him, but so familiar to me.

And she stuck with me through 68 parts - even though in the early stages, I told her that I thought it would be 25-30!

THANK YOU, Iolanthe - you're an incredible BR, and I really appreciate your willingness to put so much time into my fics. clap clap

More author's thanks with the final part.

Preview of 68
The car glided to a stop at the gates of Glenferrie Oval.

While waiting for Ron to open her door, Lois's eyes dwelt lovingly on the place that had become her home when she had no home.

In her opinion, the grand old lady that was Glenferrie Oval had never looked better. Seb and Chris, aided by an army of helpers, had vibrantly dressed her up in her natural colours.

Lois looked through the small crowd of guests and located Clark. He was looking towards the car, and she caught him pushing his glasses back up his nose. She grinned. "I love you, big guy," she whispered, knowing he would hear.

He lifted his hand in a secret gesture of response, and Lois's smile deepened to a chuckle.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This story has been so incredibly enjoyable, just wonderful! I, too, am sorry to see it end, but so excited as we await your final part. hyper

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this, and all those who worked so hard with you. Glad we don't have to wait long for your final chapter now. I just LOVE weddings!!! party

EvelynC
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
It was another delightful part. Never expected Lois's parents to come for the wedding but I was hopeful that Lucy would come.

In many of the '60s comics Lucy worked for airlines. Perhaps you could have her show up for her sister's wedding after all?

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Awesome part!

I love that Seb figured it out! And he's so sweet about it!

I, too, am sad that this fic is coming to an end and hope that it won't be too long before you start posting your new story!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just re-read this part, and just had a little question. help

And thanks again for another great chapter. notworthy Just loved how Clark arrived and joint Lois and Seb!!

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Almost over mecry

No amount of science was going to transform Lex Luthor into that!
rotflol

"No," he said. "I'm hoping to be in Melbourne a lot more, but I can't move here - not for a couple of years."
He's offering it to Lois?
"Do you like the tower?"
Why do I suddenly get the image of a pigeonry?
The epiphany hit Lois with the force of a speeding train. He *knew*. Seb *knew*. He knew *everything*.
I wondered but still eek

Dr Vandenberg sighed. "Many," she said. Ticking them off on her fingers, she listed, "Superman, Lex Luthor, Clark Kent, Ultra Woman, Nigel St John, Charlie, football reporters, libraries, Australia, gas leaks, green rock ..." Having run out of fingers, she lifted her hands in despair. "... and, as of this morning, Dan Scardino."
/blinks/ rotflol Yep, just the weather. As long as the clouds don't look like a cape or a flying man or Australia, or,...

"Ultra Woman and Lex Luthor?" Clark gasped. "How did she arrive at *that*?"
The funny thing is, *that's* actually a rational conclusion based on the irrational ones. On the other hand, in another universe, Lois Lane did (almost) marry Lex Luthor. So, Ultra Woman and Lex Luthor isn't *that* far a stretch laugh

So, 68 and then the epilogue?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sweet, I love Seb and his excitement. They'll have to tell Chris eventually too, otherwise how will they all be able to hang out?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina, I appreciate your thanks, but I'm the one who gets to read the Female Hawk fic first! Yes, that is my villainous ulterior motive for beta-ing. wink

It's been a pleasure and an honor to go through this incredible fic.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ok i have to say - this was my fave chapter so far!! Love Seb. Can't wait for the final part - altho i think I'll be sad to read it!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A total joy and awesome chapter. I had my suspicions about the house going in, but I didn't bet on Seb figuring out Clark. Sad about Mayson, but somehow just.
Looking forward to the next chapter but sad to see it all end. We'll be looking forward to the sequel taking place in Metropolis when you are recovered from this epic. It was grand!
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good chapter. I love the fact that even though Lois and Seb were on opposite sides of the merger issue, their relationship survived and is as strong as ever. I imagine that many friendships never recovered.

As for Mayson, I have to wonder. Was it the head trauma, the cumulative stress, or something else. Like Artemis said, sad, but somehow just.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
dizzy

The epiphany hit Lois with the force of a speeding train. He *knew*. Seb *knew*. He knew *everything*.
Ok, call me dumb, but up to here, I really couldn't see where Seb was going blush . It hadn't occurred to me that he knew, though now it all makes so much sense.

"You asked me not to know."
Loved his repply!

" - already married."

Lois bounced off the wall at the sound of the new voice. Clark walked across the room. When he reached them, he offered his hand to Seb. "I couldn't find my wife," Clark said. "But I didn't need to worry. I know she's safe with you."
Gotta say, I'm surprise at the easy with which Clark reacts here...

Clark slowly sipped his coffee. The secret of Ultra Woman's identity was safe. On the other hand, for the first time, someone had worked out the truth about Superman's identity. Clark had dreaded it, but now that it had happened, he felt nothing but a sense of peace.

Seb was family. It felt right that he knew.
Guess that explains it wink

Ok, so now bring that wedding on!!!!!

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn
This story has been so incredibly enjoyable
Thank you - I really enjoy writing, but having someone else enjoy it too is smile1

This took me aback because I think it is a lot more than just a "public necessity" and hope she does, too! This is the one where they as Lois and Clark make it legal! And of course they get to choose their ceremony, what they wear, and they will be themselves so this is really the legal ceremony, not the other in which they portrayed their "alter-egos".
I think some of my personal views came out here. For me, the marriage is sooooo much more important than the wedding. The promises and lifelong commitment are what make the marriage, not the wedding. Therefore, LnC are already married, and in a way, this wedding is merely allowing the world to catch up with that fact.

However, there is another aspect ... until now, the 'club' of those who knew the truth about their marital status had four members. Now, Seb's joined, and Lois is revelling in the freedom to speak freely. Perhaps she might be understating the importance of the coming wedding in favour of the first wedding, but it's a way of welcoming Seb to the 'club'.

(I hope that made some sense to you!)

Framework Agree that it would be nice if Lucy came. However, that would bring in another thread (re-establishing family ties) that was outside the scope of this fic.

DW

Seb was a big part of the ability to live apart yet be together. He had to know the secret.

Michael

The funny thing is, *that's* actually a rational conclusion based on the irrational ones.
I had fun trying to give Mayson rational conclusions from an irrational base.

Amy I'll deal with what Chris knows in the epilogue. cool

Iolanthe And to think we ended up with a 68 part story just because you wanted to see Clark play footy!!!

bellarase

ok i have to say - this was my fave chapter so far!!
That is so encouraging. There's nothing worse than wondering if the fic is dying a slow and horrible death.

Artemis About the sequel. I get bored really easily and doing something once is usually enough for me. I've left the strands there just in case I feel like picking them up again, but at this point, the muse has no interest at all.

Bob

I imagine that many friendships never recovered.
Maybe - but there's been a lot of healing.

Last year, Brian Coleman, the President of the board in 1996 and seen by many as the 'face' of the pro-merger group was inducted into the Hawthorn Hall of Fame.

Cristina The tough bit about writing is to drop enough hints that something seems plausible, but not so many that it's obvious. Seb was always going to know ... and the exhibition was all about getting the finance to buy the Toorak house!

Many, many thanks everyone for such wonderful FDK.

sloppy

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard