Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Another great section, Wendy! Enjoyed the 'Lois creates Superman' bits and I'm looking forward to their first official flight.

LOL that she's trying to forget that he's a good kisser!

More soon!
Missy

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy,

Another great segment! I loved how Lois told Clark how different he looks without his glasses. I love the "hiding in plain sight" thing smile . So true!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part! Really enjoying this story! I like the way Lois is considering Clark as a good partner, not because of all the super stuff, but because he's a good reporter/knows what he's doing (most of the time anyway. wink )

He'd risked all that to save her life.

And, she realised with a sudden jolt, he hadn't had to.
I hope that, if (when? wink ) something happens, that Lois remembers this.

Loriel (who will get down on bended knees for the next part! laugh )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Merriwether
Merriwether
Interesting part! I was a little jolted when Lois said they needed to go after Lex before getting the costume, but I liked Lois's thoughts. Can't wait to see the next part, including Costume Making 101. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Another brilliant section of course! And she even gets to go flying at the end of it. How wonderful. If I were Lois, I wouldn't work too hard to forget the kisses. I'd be asking for a few reminders in the very near future.

One tiny thing that made me giggle, since I read this and Kidnapped in quick succession once I got home: Note the quote from Yvonne's section and your quote. I don't remember who BR's for whom, but it certainly looks like great minds think alike. goofy If one or the other of you is a stickler for individuality, I thought you might want a heads up. Otherwise, I certainly see no reason to make a change, as the paragraphs are about 110% true to character and canon.

Yvonne's Kidnapped:
Clark was a pathological helper. If he saw someone in trouble, he’d always try as best he could to help them – even at the expense of his own well-being.
Wendy's Larry/Charlie:
Clark Kent was a congenital ‘helper’. He couldn’t see someone in trouble and not try to lend a hand.
More and soon!

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

They should start the suit first. The should go to Smallville.

I love Lois and Clark conversation. clap

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Wendy, good instalment.

Once again Lois proves she's the thinker of the partnership. But then we all knew that going in, didn't we?

Okay, you've had 19 parts of happy getting to know each other stuff, it's time for some fun. We need whams, and not those fake ones where we know that Clark's powers will be able to get them out of the jam with little problem.

We need some classic evilness by Luthor that actually threatens our intrepid duo. And if by some chance one or both of them become true victims, then that will just make things that much more intense.

Tank the Resting (who, since this is Wendy, instead of calling for a haircut will ask for more and bigger whams)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
another great segment
ditto others
more soon please
merry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A fantastic part! smile1
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy...

What a great part..

wonderful.. thumbsup clap

I love the converstaion between Clark and Lois...

More please soon

Meni cool

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whee!!! jump

Loved this <g> Okay, that block of introspection right at the beginning was kinda distracting -- the action completely grinds to a halt and I was wondering what Clark was doing while Lois was pondering away wink -- but it wasn't a huge problem. It amuses me more than anything <g> It was great to catch up with Lois's thought processes. And you know I liked the jolt she got at realizing Clark could have protected his parents by letting her die, but chose not to.

Clark's still trying to catch up with her, conceptually wink but I have faith in the boy. He'll get there, and give her a few surprises, too. And that whole "flying to impress" bit doesn't hurt, either wink

And now... since I was away all weekend, I'm feeling very very fanfic-deprived, so I think that, as my friend, the least you could do is post the next part post-haste! <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Great installment, Wendy! I really enjoyed this part.

Looking forward to more,
Irene
who is jet-lagged, buried under paperwork and frantically trying to catch up with her reading!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Geez, so many stories and I don't know where to start, so I'll start here so I can go back to nagging. wink

Lois doesn't want to kiss Clark again?? Noooo!!!!!!! You can't let that happen! Just look at those lips! Think of what more could happen between the two of you! (I'm talking of them becoming a couple, you know)

I really look forward to more, so make my weekend even better? Please <insert begging look> ?

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay The ride of a lifetime! I could use one of those. Great section Wendy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
another great part, wendy. smile love lois's logic in creating the disguise.. the uniform bit makes a lot of sense, and is a very lois sort of intuitive leap. well done. smile love the bit about the glasses, too. and it looks like the partnership is off and running... fun.

anyway, sorry for the brief comments, but i've got to run now. really looking forward to part 20. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
Thanks for your kind words about my "de-lurking". This is yet another terrifice part.

I loved the part where Lois is fighting her "inner urges" about Clark's kisses, it makes her keep her distance from the physical relationship long enough to really fall in love with Clark (which I ASSUME will happen over the course of the story -- hope, hope dance )

Also, nice touch "flying off" at the end. I also think they should head for Smallville and create Superman b4 taking on Lex (however, you are the writer, and I love what your doing to this story), but maybe you have something else in mind and I trust your instincts.

Can't wait for part 20!!

S (the unpatient newbie)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Let's see... I'm trying hard to find soemthing to say taht actually sounds different to what teh rest are saying and what I usually say...

No luck! This was another great part, Wendy. But I can't believe we've only gone through a week. I love the way you've portrayed Lois and her feelings. Though we're used to seeing her admit Clark's good side and all the things he brings as a friend and a partner, it ususally happens much further on, so it's nice to see Lois not being soooo dumb, and realizing what a great man he is early on (and actually beginning to admit it to herself)

And now that our Superman ahd almost been created, when do we get more smoochies?????

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your comments on this section! I’m sorry that I haven’t been back sooner, but I was away for a few days during the week. The good news is that the buffer grew a little before I went; the bad news is that since then I’ve been writing other things. <g> (eg Captive Audience).

Anyway...

Enjoyed the 'Lois creates Superman' bits and I'm looking forward to their first official flight.
Thank you, Missy! smile Couldn’t have a beginning story without Lois at least doing something to create her hero, now could I? <g>

And on that, Karen said:
I was a little jolted when Lois said they needed to go after Lex before getting the costume, but I liked Lois's thoughts. Can't wait to see the next part, including Costume Making 101.
and Maria added:
They should start the suit first. The should go to Smallville.
S (RetroRose) echoes this demand:
Also, nice touch "flying off" at the end. I also think they should head for Smallville and create Superman b4 taking on Lex (however, you are the writer, and I love what your doing to this story), but maybe you have something else in mind and I trust your instincts.
Thank you! Yes, well, Lex was the urgent thing here. He’d got away, after killing Toni Baines, and as soon as he realises that Lois is alive, of course he’s going to want to dispose of her too. So both Lois and Clark realise that they have to get him caught as soon as possible. The costume can wait.

As for the ‘making the costume’ bit. I’m really not sure that I want to write that; it’s been done before, very thoroughly in the series, and also with Lois involved by Chris Mulder in her fanzine story. So I think that may take place ‘offstage’, so to speak. Sorry!

Sherry said:
If I were Lois, I wouldn't work too hard to forget the kisses. I'd be asking for a few reminders in the very near future.
LOL!! Well, you never know... wink

S adds:
I loved the part where Lois is fighting her "inner urges" about Clark's kisses, it makes her keep her distance from the physical relationship long enough to really fall in love with Clark (which I ASSUME will happen over the course of the story -- hope, hope)
You never know, indeed! As LabRat has said on many an occasion, RAFO! (Read And Find Out <g>)

And Saskia says, on the same theme:
Lois doesn't want to kiss Clark again?? Noooo!!!!!!! You can't let that happen! Just look at those lips! Think of what more could happen between the two of you! (I'm talking of them becoming a couple, you know)
LOL! Sas, you’re getting soft! What’s happened to your calls for WHAMs? Don’t tell me that they’ve won you away from the dark (ie Tank <g>) side? Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey wendy

Part 20 coming up very soon!
How soon is very soon???

waiting eagerly and impatiently for part 20

Meni huh )

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard