Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Sorry not much happens in this chapter. The next chapter has a bit of an adventure, though. smile

Deja Vu

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
On the contrary, I think the story gets more intriguing in this part. Many secrets waiting to be revealed. Right now, I'm very curious whether or not Clarkent has superpowers.

Great story, can't wait for more!

Amber

Merriwether
Merriwether
“Still--never lose hope, Clarkent. What the people need right now is a beacon which will shine hope upon them and spread it throughout the kingdom. Maybe then, change will finally happen.”
Until now, I'd been assuming that this was completely AU to the Soul Mates universe's Loisette and Sir Charles, but now I'm starting to wonder. Could Clarkent be destined to become The Fox, a beacon of hope to the peasants in the kingdom? With his birth parents having a position of power in the rival kingdom, making him Sir Charles? I can't wait to find out! dance

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with Kathy, there're a lot of hints towards 'Sir Charles'. But at the same time, if I'm right about Clarkent's parents, he wouldn't be Sir Charles in the way of Soul Mates. And it was Baron Tempos, not Duke Tempos. Also, Tempos would only get to wear the title in the first place if Alexander died. Plus, I get the feeling that Loisette could be queen in her own right from the musings of Samuel, which would mean she would not need to agree to anything Tempos would demand.

Oh, and since Alexander is the older brother and 18, that means Tempos is something like 17 and already went through 3 wives? When did he start, and why is he marrying his newest conquest just a couple of weeks after meeting her. If they're nobility, too, then the parents would probably start to be ticked off by now, and if they're just your average wench, there shouldn't be any need for marriage.

But enough of such speculation. /goes to FDK for part 10/

I'm getting the feeling that Peri had something to with delivering Clarkent to the farmer-couple. Also, in their day and age, Clarkent's musings are just a small step away from stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. huh

11, please?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Amber-- I'm glad you thought it got more intriguing with this part! smile

Kathy-- laugh I guess you'll just have to wait and see!

Michael-- I wanted Tempos to be just a little bit of a Bluebeard in this story, and he would have started collecting wives the moment he was able. As for angry parents, well, if it looks like an accident, can they be angry? laugh

And you're right that Clarkent's musings do seem a small step away from stealing from the rich and giving to the poor...But our hero is too noble for that, right? laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard