Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73352 08/25/10 06:36 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 44

Half an hour later, as Lois and Clark strolled back to the Lakeside station to board Puffing Billy for the return trip to Belgrave, the AFL announced the schedule for next week's finals. Lois disconnected her earphone from the radio and listened with Clark.

"Sydney versus Hawthorn, at the SCG, Saturday the 7th of September, 7:10 pm."

Lois looked at Clark. Clark - aghast - looked at Lois.

"It will be OK," Lois said. Ahead, the station platform was teeming with people. She took Clark's hand and guided him to a secluded spot under a tree. She leant against the broad trunk of the ghost gum, hooked her arms around his waist, and smiled up to him. "The game will be finished by ten-thirty," she said quietly. "The wedding is at midnight, Melbourne time."

"Will that be enough time?"

She nodded. "You can take me to the farm, just as we planned. We can both get into the suits and go to Metropolis."

"But if Hawthorn lose, you -"

"We lose," Lois cut across him. "Whatever the result, I will put it behind me and get on with the most important part of the day."
Again, many thanks to my wonderful BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. Particular thanks to Iolanthe who kept on encouraging me to work on the description of the game in this part.

FDK goes here,

Thanks.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love how Lois changed her seat to be able to sit with Clark. So sweet!

Your description of the game was great. I loved what the players do when someone gets 100 goals for the year. I had never heard of that happening. The video was amazing! All of the those people coming out to support the player was incredible!

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful part!!! Your descriptions of the game were so clear -- I felt like I could see it too, without a video! hyper

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well that's good writing when I tear up over a football game not to mention a footy game in Australia! You bring the suspense and emotion through Lois' eyes just wonderfully.
What a story! Loving it!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Right now I'm horrible at leaving feedback. But I read this part and loved the footy game, even though the excitement was almost too much for me. Loved Lois and Clark sitting together at the game. It was good to see Lois and Seb being friends.

And now I have to wonder what other devious, awful, shameless things Mayson has up her sleeve!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
great part. great game description.
michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm back (which sort of sucks 'cause it means my vacation time is over... mecry ; but it also means I'll be -hopefully- leaving fdk wink )

There is some much to comment/quote about the last 3 parts, I'm not sure where to begin!

41: Everything was great! From the coffee and the waiter to the interaction with metorpolitans and their departure when the press arrives. And doubtlessly, the conversation that follows in the treehouse. I've read this part at least 3 or 4 times.

42: You can't imagine how many times I've re-read the scene where Lois find Clark right before the rally! I absolutely love it. One of my favorite so far.

43: I specially liked how Lois values Clarks visit; how important it is to her that he's there. Though they were already comitted to each other, to me, this somehow makes the comitment stronger and, I'm not sure if it was your intention, it also means the beginning of an open relationship between Lois and Clark. They can't have an official future yet but with this visit and then the one for the merger vote, the people around them (well, at least around Lois) can start seeing that it wasn't something casual, that they're going for long-term.

Ok, I'm done. Now you can post 4 whenever you feel like it (and I hope you feel like it asap wink . Saturday sounds perfect, but Sunday wouldn't be all that bad... )

Cris
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part!

Loved that Lois sat with Clark and your description of the game (which is sort of Greek to me) was great.

Looking forward to 44 and Clark's day with Lois! smile1

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
It always amazes me how you can make something that would normally probably make my eyes glaze over interesting! Your footy descriptions--really, your descriptions in general--always impress me. You are great with details.

It's been so much fun BRing this! I love seeing the strength of Lois and Clark's relationship. You're wonderful at making the reader feel--whether it's angry at Mayson or happy with Lois and Clark or amused with Lois's editor. It's such fun to read!

Deja Vu

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
lcfan Thanks for your FDK. I'm glad you liked the description of the game. Initially, I was going to keep this section really short, but Iolanthe thought it was an important part of the story and needed more detail. Thanks Iolanthe!

Evelyn Phew! As I said above, I was wary about getting too involved in the game. Glad I was able to keep it understandable.

Thanks.

Artemis Thanks. It's not too hard to write emotionally about something you feel deeply about. That's why I had Lois barrack for Hawthorn - I just don't think I could have written about another club with any feeling at all.

Ann Mayson has a few things planned ... but the team of Lois and Clark will prevail!

Thanks.

Thanks, Michael.

Cristina Welcome back.

RE 42 - I know that with Clark choosing to surprise Lois and not tell her he was coming there were many options for things going wrong, but I wanted it to work out perfectly for him/them.

Thanks!

DW Thanks for keeping on reading despite it sounding Greek!

DJV

I love seeing the strength of Lois and Clark's relationship.
In some ways, this has been a low-angst fic because that relationship is so strong. It was always my intention to use the football setting to explore the concept of team within the Lois and Clark relationship.

I'm glad it's coming through.

And you've done a great job of BRing. The part always becomes stronger after your suggestions!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard