Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72947 07/27/10 12:01 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
It's way past time when I should again thank my wonderful BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu and Lynn. Thanks to Deja Vu particularly for this part - it was her suggestion to significantly expand the scene with Ron and Barb.

Also, thanks to Ann for the suggestion of the Hawthorn flower!

Preview of 36

He wanted to be with Lois. He needed her.

Less than a minute later, he landed, unlocked her door, and entered her unit at a speed undetectable to the human eye.

From her bedroom, he heard the music of her heartbeat. "Lois?" he said.

There was a delighted squeal as she rushed through the doorway and charged into his arms.

His eager mouth found hers, and he kissed her with the hunger that had built up during the long hours apart.

"I missed you ... so much," he said when their first rush of kisses finally abated enough to make speech possible.

"I missed you," she said between kisses.

"I landed half an hour ago ... couldn't stay away."

"How long ... until you have to be at work?"

"It won't matter if I'm late ... long flight."

"We have ... some time," she said.

"Uh huh."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've read a few chapters here and there.... I never really venture over to the fanfic forum..lol.

So I do hope to see this at the Archive when it is complete! I'm really loving this...

a nfic chapter wouldn't hurt either wink

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Absolutely loved their visit with Ron and Barb, and Clark's idea to see her every evening (her time) is terrific! dance

Just one comment on if you would want to modify the following,
Clark slid his fingers down her throat, revelling in the exquisite smoothness of her skin.
as in my sphere, this sounds like he is shoving his hand "down her throat" literally inside. But maybe that's just my own local take and not anyone else's. huh

Thanks for the great ride with this story!!!

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging whinging
They're apart! Argh! Thanks for writing in the little old lady that likes Superman having a girlfriend.
eek Don't let Linda King blackmail them into a Super wedding!
Great part. Keep it coming.
Waiting for the green opal to rear it's head.
I love opal. I have a few pieces.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good point, Evelyn. Thanks.

I'll fix it.

(That's what comes of changing things *after* the BRs have looked at it.)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was superb! Especially this part...

Clark clung to Lois as the final call for his flight rang in his ears. The *final* final call.

He held her, empathising with her inner battle to keep her tears contained as he looked into her glistening eyes. "I'll be back as soon as I can," he promised.

Moving away, he ran his hand down her outstretched arm. Their hands met, arms extending to the furthest point, and soon, only their fingertips were touching. "I love you, Lois," Clark said.

He took the step that severed their connection.

Her first tear broke free and skittered down her cheek. "I love you," she whispered.

Then he turned and walked into the jet bridge.
You could really feel the emotion in that scene. So beautifully and tenderly written.

And as for pavlova... all I can say there is a resounding yummmmm!

Great chapter!

smile1
Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great chapter. I loved the description of Lois's dress. I felt like I could see it.

This was a beautiful separation chapter. It was both intense and very real. Nicely done. clap

I'm glad the Ultra Woman is getting a positive reaction. It could easily have been negative and right now, given their separation, that is the last thing Clark would need.

And finally:
SUPER WEDDING!
evil laugh

Bob

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved the Ron and Barb scene, the decription of Lois' dress, the little lady with the Ultra Woman comment and the farewell scene - as well as the preview for the next instalment clap

Now, what was that about a Super Wedding? Seems like fun actually laugh

smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"Take it," he encouraged.

Lois took the box and gently lifted the lid, revealing a necklace - its fine white gold chain looping through a petite pendant featuring pink-tinged diamonds clustered into a floral design. She looked up to Clark, her face illuminated with pleasure. "Aw, Clark."

"Do you like it?" he asked - needlessly.

"I love it."

"I know that when you think of Hawthorn, you don't think of flowers," Clark said. "But this was the closest I could get to a hawthorn flower."

She laughed. "This is a hawthorn?"

"I couldn't find anything in brown and gold," he said. "So I hoped this would suffice."
That's so sweet! I love it!

(And imagine that Lois doesn't know what a hawthorn flower is...)

Also, thanks to Ann for the suggestion of the Hawthorn flower!
Awwww... blush drool

As for Seb, I wonder what he is up to with that opal - if, indeed, it is an opal.

I'm not happy about Lois and Clark being separated, but, ah well...

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Clark knocked on Lois's door. When she opened it, he reeled as the vision before him stormed his senses. She was smiling demurely ... her hair had been gathered up, fully accentuating the sleekness of her neck ... and she was wearing a satiny red dress that boldly proclaimed her curvy femininity.
So, she planning on seducing him tonight instead of him seducing her Wednesday night?

"We also can't risk Esmeralda seeing Clark outside my unit."
Yeah, she might think Lois is now also in the business of secretly entertaining men.

And the headline read - 'SUPER WEDDING!'
spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
2A2TV Thanks for popping in. This will probably get to the archive, but it's at the end of a long list. blush

Evelyn The scene with Barb and Ron - at first I had that a lot shorter, then DJV suggested it should be expanded so I put in some stuff I was going to cover later and I think it improved the scene a lot.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Artemis Yes, they're apart, but I think a change of pace was needed. Thanks!

Elizabeth Thanks. They always knew the separation was coming, but they thought they still had weeks to prepare for it.

Bob

I'm glad the Ultra Woman is getting a positive reaction.
I think most people react well to seeing a couple in love. Thanks, Bob.

DW

Now, what was that about a Super Wedding? Seems like fun actually
That's what I thought!

Ann You kept mentioning Hawthorn flowers - and even provided lovely pictures - so I used them as inspiration. Thanks!

Michael

Yeah, she might think Lois is now also in the business of secretly entertaining men.
Would Esmeralda think that? wink

Thanks, Michael.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard