Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72743 07/15/10 05:49 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 33

Last night, after an hour with Lois, Clark had forced himself to return to his unit. Being with her after the factory fire had been incredible, but he didn't want to slip into the habit of staying overnight with her - even assuming she would want that.

His feet were racing again, and Clark deliberately slowed his pace. Then, he heard her heartbeat - pounding fiercely - and her running footsteps.

Clark dashed the length of the street and turned the corner.

Lois saw him, quickly closed the distance between them, and flew into his arms. His brief glance had been enough to reassure him that she was smiling. Whatever had precipitated her haste, it wasn't anything negative.

As he held her, he could feel the excitement jigging through her. She backed away and landed an energetic kiss on his mouth.

"Guess what?" she said, executing little jumps of enthusiasm as she spoke.

"What?" he said, grinning widely.

"The sleeping giant has finally stirred, and the Hawthorn faithful are making their move."
FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome interview! Great job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Love how they handled Linda and Mayson, of course particularly how Lois "handled" them. notworthy

As Jimmy Olsen has been known to say on L&C say: "Smooth!" And of course fun seeing his reaction to Ultra Woman.

And great peek at the next installment, too. Thanks

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I loved the interview. My favorite part was Lois's handling of this:
"I was working, and I was accosted by a group of youths. Superman stepped in to ensure that I wasn't hurt."

"How chivalrous," Linda commented.
The absolute truth but told in a situation that clearly suggests a very different incident. Wonderful!!!
And this:
For the first time, Mayson smiled - a cruel, triumphant smirk. "Have you consummated this relationship?"

Clark felt as if the colour from his cape had leapt to his face and congealed there. Before he had begun to formulate a reply, Lois answered.

"What do you think?" she said. She gestured towards Clark, managing to encompass most of his body. "If your boyfriend looked like this ..."
In fact this whole section was absolutely great.

I'm sure Mayson noticed that he never answered the Green K question, but it went as well as can be expected.

I still see trouble ahead. I hope it won't be too bad.
Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Corrina, can you believe that when I was going to comment on this part, I saw that Bob had written almost exactly what I wanted to write?

Great interview, wonderful! Please read Bob's FDK and pretend it's mine. I just want to add two things:

Clark felt as if he was within a few degrees of disintegrating into a slither of blue and red goo and slipping off his chair into a blob of mortification. If he got out of this without melting his hair gel, that would be a bonus.
I almost spluttered my coffee when I read that!!! rotflol

Mayson reclined in her chair and contemplated Lois. Clark got the uncomfortable feeling that Mayson had taken Lois's statement as a personal challenge.
This is scary, since Mayson seems totally deranged. On the other hand, this Lois is so wonderfully cool and composed and competent, too.

Looking forward to more!

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
delightful part. Well done interview.

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellently done with the interview! Lois handled them exactly like Lois would and Mayson .... seemed like Mayson, just more evil as noted already.

Great preview too!

smile

Blogger
Blogger
I loved this part:
"Surely the quality of the answers is, to some degree, the responsibility of the interviewer," Clark said mildly.

Another favorite:
With a dismissive scowl at Lois, Mayson turned back to Clark and struck like a viper. "What effect does the green rock have on you?"

He and Lois had discussed this at length. "According to a story you wrote, you've already asked me that question. And received my response."

"Would you like to comment on that interview?"

"No," Clark said. "Would you?"
evil

Kyla
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm going to duplicate some other's comments.
Clark strode to the nearest chair and seated Lois. He stood behind her - one hand resting on her shoulder - and waited for the two reporters to determine their next move.
I loved how Clark preempted the situation and the chivalrous way he seated Lois first. Way to take charge, Clark!
Clark took a moment before replying, wanting to slow down the volley of questions. Mayson and Linda were like two lionesses fighting over a scrap of meat. "To my knowledge, none of them survived."
Great description of their attitude. At least Linda seemed more rational.
"Because the actions of Jason Trask indicated that my desire to remain anonymous had possibly contributed to widespread suspicion of my intentions."
Good, succinct explanation.
Clark felt as if the colour from his cape had leapt to his face and congealed there. Before he had begun to formulate a reply, Lois answered.
Awesome imagery!!!
Clark felt as if he was within a few degrees of disintegrating into a slither of blue and red goo and slipping off his chair into a blob of mortification. If he got out of this without melting his hair gel, that would be a bonus.
rotflol rotflol rotflol
He was particularly mortified in front of Mayson, I think, because she had chased after him so mercilessly.
This was a really great part. I can't wait for more.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think Bobbart beat us all on the quoting. The interview was amazing and I'll be sure to re-read the whole chapter this weeking, but Lois's response when Mayson asks about the consumation... that was beyond perfect.

A little out of topic -just a little- but thought you'd also like to know: I was just with a friend who's going to expend about 7 weeks in Australia. She was quite excited with the trip and had just gotten a travel guide. She showed me the map and started pointing out the places she means to visit and all the while I'm looking intently at the map... looking for all the spots that have come up in your story (Geelong was the first I spotted, about 2 seconds in). I'm sure she thought I was incredibly interested on her trip... laugh (which I'm not saying I wasn't, but...)

More, more, more, Corrina!!!!

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I want to use my powers to help people."

"Why?" Mayson shot at him.

"Because I have the strength and the speed to save lives."

"And what do you get from it?"

Clark stared at Mayson, letting the viciousness of her question reverberate around the room.
That's Superman right there. And you show how Mayson will never, ever understand him.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A fun instalment, but one that shows me that neither Mayson, nor Linda are exactly what you'd call big time reporters. They both seem more suited for a paper like the Dirt Digger.

There also seems little editorial control over these women. I know that Perry has been sick, and Mayson has a relative on the board, but it seems that this Perry has no real control over his newsroom. Maybe it's time that he considers retirement. I can't see him wanting to continue to work under those conditions.

Just out of curiousity. I'm assuming that this Lois has the classic shoulder length bob. I'm not sure that it was ever mentioned anywhere, but just from actions described in the course of the story, that's the impression I got. So my question is... How does Lois gell back so much hair?

When Ultrawoman appeared on the series Lois had already adopted the shorter style, so it was easy to slick back her do to effect a different look. If this is not the case, I would think it quite difficult to put that much goo in her hair and that it would get all over the back of her neck.

Just wonderin'

Tank (who cuts through all the trivia like A plot and B plot to get to the real important stuff)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Tank, speaking of hair gel...

This is totally unrelated to "Aussie Rules", but your comments brought to mind this hilarious little bit from Corrina's previous fic, "The Press Conference" , where Clark calls a press conference to explain those compromising photos of Lois and Superman in flagrante delicto at the Chateau Roberge:

"So you're telling us that you *dressed* up in the Superman suit
and looked so much like him, you fooled the entire world?"

"I didn't *just* dress up," Clark said indignantly. "I gelled my
hair and took off my glasses too."

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In no particular order. Well, no order that exists outside my funky brain blush

clap

He and Lois had discussed this at length. "According to a story you wrote, you've already asked me that question. And received my response."

"Would you like to comment on that interview?"

"No," Clark said. "Would you?"
clap notworthy

For the first time, Mayson smiled - a cruel, triumphant smirk. "Have you consummated this relationship?"
eek notworthy

Mayson scowled.
Probably thinks all sorts of derogatory terms about Lois. Traitor to the Human race and Freak Lover probably being among the more civilized ones.

"So, despite him being alien, he's normal enough that you're physically compatible?" Mayson said. "He's not ... impotent?"

Lois's eyes swept lingeringly down the length of Clark's body, and then she directed her gaze to Mayson. "He's ... *super*."

"The suit *does* come off?" Mayson pressed.

Lois nodded. "It comes off."

"You've actually seen him when he hasn't been wearing the suit?"

"Yes."
Do we still have those in stock? notworthy Hmm apparently so. notworthy notworthy

Linda leant towards Lois, her face alight with eagerness. "The Star will give you $500,000 for a tell-all interview."
Oh boy. And I bet the Playboy would pay even more for a complete ‘interview’ of Lois.
Linda, sensing she now had the floor, asked, "Has Superman proposed?"

"He's my boyfriend," Lois replied. "If he'd proposed and I'd accepted, he would be my fiancé."
I can see the headlines. “Superman lives in sin. Girlfriend says, ‘He has no intention of making it legitimate’.”
"Have you discussed marriage?"

"Yes, we have."

"I'm not even sure it would be legal," Mayson scoffed.
Now, that’s an interesting point. Now that the cat is out of the bag, won’t the more simple-minded reporters conclude that he has never married her but just keeps her around as his girlfriend. After all, there won’t be a wedding for Superman and Ultra Woman. Or will there? And if Lois married Clark, would they then be bigamists?

She cleared her throat, and Jimmy looked up. Lois faced Clark, put one hand on his chest, and gazed intently into his eyes with a love-drenched smile. Jimmy raised his camera and took his shots.
This picture is going to be a killer. But it will be wasted with the jumble of words Mayson is going to provide.

Corrina, I think you handled the interview wonderfully. And now I’m looking forward to part 33. And what a preview that is.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This picture is going to be a killer. But it will be wasted with the jumble of words Mayson is going to provide.
I think that probably that picture of Ultra Woman & Superman will be worth a thousand words, so people won't need to read Mayson's article. dance

EvelynC
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi everyone,

The plan is to be back here in 3-4 hours to post 33. If I answer this FDK properly, you might not get 33 today, so for now, I'll just say thanks to you all for reading and commenting. sloppy

A small warning - in 33, I'm going to deviate from canon. Some may like the change, others may not. Hopefully, I've set it up well enough that it won't seem unreasonable.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Late again ... blush

Thanks, Laura.

Evelyn I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview. When previous parts build up to an event, it's great when it doesn't disappoint.

Bob

The absolute truth but told in a situation that clearly suggests a very different incident.
I enjoyed that bit, too.

Trouble? Well, maybe ... but nothing Lois and Clark can't handle.

Thanks, Bob.

Ann Yeah, Lois had it all under control nicely. Thanks for your FDK.

Thanks, Framework.

DW Thanks. It's great that Lois seemed in character.

Kyla Welcome! Thanks for leaving FDK.

Lois and Clark spent a long time strategising and had answers for most of the questions. Also, Mayson and Linda were less effective than they should have been because of the competition between them.

Artemis Thanks. I tried to create the impression of the team (LnC) being in control, partly because they were prepared, but also because they were working together.

Cristina Thanks! I hope your friend has a wonderful time in Oz.

Iolanthe True. They just think very differently.

Tank Lois's hair. Even though the dates don't match, I'm assuming Lois's hair is the short bob from the first season. She could tie it back and, because it's short, hide most of it under the back of the mask.

Michael

“I wear a leash. I’m dressed in a tiny sliver of silk. He calls me his concubine. What do you think?”
rotflol The whole section was very funny Michael. (So when are you going to write 'Aussie Rules on Krypton'?)

Your other FDK is very interesting ... uhm.

Thanks, Michael.

That's good point, Evelyn. I haven't actually stated it, but you will see the reaction of the people.

Thanks, everyone.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you got a laugh out of it smile But an Australian Heart Awakened homage? blush peep /shoos Muse away before she gets any ideas/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard