Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72648 07/11/10 02:23 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 32 ...

"What do we have to fear from you?" Mayson asked.

"You have nothing to fear from me."

"You're strong enough to lift a train, but you claim we have nothing to fear from you?"

"Everything I have done is to help - never to harm."

"Describe yourself," Mayson said. It sounded like an order.

Clark paused. "I'm strong, and I'm fast and -"

"Don't tell me what you can do," Mayson snapped. "Tell me who you are."

Lois cleared her throat. "Perhaps I could answer this question," she suggested in a quiet voice - laced with a believable yet vaguely generic American accent.
Note about membership. Any supporter can buy a club membership for a year. The membership gives you free entry to games. The cost of the membership is usually about two thirds of what the total walk-up price would be for those games.

Membership also gives you the right to vote in board elections.

Membership 'closes' in June. Memberships can still be bought and used for the remaining games, but you aren't eligible to vote and you're not included in the offical tally of members.

FDK goes here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh, great part, Corrina. The tease was great too. Can't wait to see Lois take 'em down.

I have a suggestion. This doesn't sound American to me: "Luthor Foundation for Sick Children", it sounds British or Australian. We'd do something more like "Luthor Children's Crusade" or "Luthor Children's Foundation." We never (or seldom) use the the term "sick" in a title or the disease itself. For instance, Easter Seals started fighting polio and then general paralysis diseases and now it's any disability. Ronald McDonald House helps the families of children with cancer by giving them a place to stay during the child's treatment.
We love being vague about these things. This might give you some ideas: http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html
Just a suggestion.
Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Love their relationship and how it's developing and their support of each other. Your descriptions are so clear -- I could just see the two of them sizing each other up in their spandex, trying not to... um... lose control. blush

Ooh, Mayson is so evil in this story. hyper

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Mayson is pure evil and maybe a little deranged - hope something unfortunate will happen to her and that she won't use the green rock.

Loved Lois and Clark's interaction!

smile

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
CAT FIGHT!!!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Mayson is a little too evil in this story, I think. I hate that she wanted to have Clark for herself in the show, but how can we blame her? In other respects she was a rather likable character, in the same way that Dan Scardino was rather likable, except that he was flirting with the wrong woman.

But I accept Mayson's evil and unreasonable personality in this fic. I'm still waiting for her to contact Seb and have him put her piece of kryptonite in a ring for her. It will be up to Lois to save Clark when Mayson attacks him with her kryptonite, or so I think anyway.

And then there's Hawthorn. How will Lois save them? Maybe Clark can help, now that he is a member of the club.

And I'm looking forward to the interview!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Promise me you'll come to me ... regardless of the time, or what I'm doing, or anything else ... Promise me you won't ever again try to do this alone."
But... won't that be a bit awkward if Superman sits on Lois's and Dan's bed, telling them about the horrors of his latest rescue while Lois and Dan snuggling and basking in the afterglow? confused

Lois stared. The suit left less to the imagination than the footy gear. It made him seem taller ... broader ... maler.
Hmm... I think she's referring to the wrong suit there. angel-devil

She replaced the green rock in the gouged-out pages of a drab-looking book. She put the book in her safe, locked it, replaced the panelling across the hole in the floor of her closet, neatly arranged three pairs of shoes on top, and then closed the door.
Now, isn't that a bit excessive? /starts looking for the friendly men in the white coats carrying long-sleeved vests and butterfly nets/

This was a nice, smooth-sailing part. Can't wait for the big bang.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I haven't been commenting lately, Corrina, but I'm still reading. I like the way you're contrasting the soft, gentle progress of their relationship with the stress of Hawthorne's impending demise and the slightly wacko Mayson Drake out to get Superman. It's a good balance.

And I'm glad Lois now has parental figures to lean on in Jonathan and Martha. She's a mature adult, of course, and she's not going to go all Paris Hilton on Martha (Paris broke down and cried for Mommy when she was sentenced to jail for a few days), but young adults need older adults to model maturity for them. It helps both parties.

Love the mutual attraction between Superman and Ultra Woman. I also like it that both of them were distracted from each others' faces. Passion should be mutual.

I have reconsidered. Mayson isn't just a little whack, she's obsessive-compulsive. Even Luthor never hid Kryptonite under three pairs of shoes neatly lined up.

Hey, maybe Dan will "accidentally" find it and take it, not knowing what it is. Wouldn't that just fix her little red wagon!

This is a compelling story, Corinna. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still here! Like Terry, commenting less, but surely keeping up (and still enjoying the ride very very very much wink )

As for this part, I'd pick this bit:

"Are you OK?" she asked.

He nodded. "I shouldn't have come."

"Why not?"

"It's the middle of the night."

"So?"

"You were asleep."

She patted the bed. "Come over here," she said. "Sit next to me." He did, and she covered his hand with hers. "Are you all right?"
That, and, in general, what it implies: that they're really there for each other, than they are able to sympathise with their situations, even if for Lois Superman was almost a fictional character up until a few weeks back and for Clark footie something even foreigner laugh

Looking forward to the interview!

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis Thanks for the suggestion. The actual title of the charity isn't relevant to the fic (although it should sound American), so I'll change it to the 'Luthor Children's Foundation'. smile

Evelyn

Love their relationship and how it's developing and their support of each other.
In a nutshell - that's the entire fic. Now why has it taken me 30+ parts to say what you said in one sentence? confused smile smile

Thanks, Evelyn.

DW Thanks. Mayson is not nice - that's about all I'm saying!

SJH Mayson vs Linda vs Lois - with poor Clark in the middle!

Ann Mayson is evil - however, I needed a villain. I could have used an original character, but the canon foundation for Mayson was good - she didn't like Lois, she was attracted to Clark, she wasn't a fan of Superman, she was ambitious and successful in her job. Granted, I've taken her a lot further, but who needs wimpy villains? wink

Thanks, Ann.

Michael

But... won't that be a bit awkward if Superman sits on Lois's and Dan's bed,
It won't be awkward at all if Lois is never in Dan's bed!

Thanks, Michael.

Terry Hi, Terry. I hope the healing process is going well.

Thanks for the comment re balance. It's one of those things - like pace - that can be difficult to judge when you're so close to a story.

Dan finding the green rock - I hadn't thought of that.

Cristina It's a bit late, but congrats to Spain!! smile1

that they're really there for each other, than they are able to sympathise with their situations, even if for Lois Superman was almost a fictional character up until a few weeks back and for Clark footie something even foreigner
Exactly - thank you!

Part 37 has been completely obstinate, but it is finally written. I'll get 32 posted tomorrow - either afternoon or evening.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Evelyn

quote: Love their relationship and how it's developing and their support of each other.

In a nutshell - that's the entire fic. Now why has it taken me 30+ parts to say what you said in one sentence? [Confused] [Smile] [Smile]
But that's why we're here! For the 30 or more parts. Drag it out as long as you want!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Artemis is exactly right! We love every chapter in which you make us endure untold agony of: elation, exquisite torture in getting through their ups and downs, and immeasurable pleasure in rooting for them and for you in writing it! clap

EvelynC
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It won't be awkward at all if Lois is never in Dan's bed!
/slaps head/ Of course! You really are a sneaky one. I wish, I had thought of that before getting all worried laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard