Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72519 07/05/10 02:38 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 30

"The more I hear about Mayson, the more convinced I am about being there," Lois said. "Which means I need a name. Do you have any suggestions?"

Clark grinned. "I have a *lot* of suggestions."

Lois looked at him in surprise. "Really? Such as?"

"Amazing Woman. Incredible Woman. Gorgeous Girl."

"I know this is being ultra cautious, but perhaps we should stay away from words beginning with 'A'. We don't want anyone to connect me with Australia."

"OK," Clark said. "How about Unbelievably Sensational Awesome Woman?"

She grinned. "Don't you think that's a bit of a mouthful?"

"Unique Superbly Alluring Woman?"

Lois chuckled. "Less is more, Clark."

"Ultra Sexy Woman?"

Clark had expected her to dismiss that idea instantly, but she considered it. "Ultra Woman?" she said thoughtfully. "Do you think that works?"

"Ultra Woman," Clark said. "That sounds good."

"OK," Lois said. "Ultra Woman it is."
Thanks,

Corrina.

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
There is nothing, nothing I don't love about Lois's plan for them to share the interview together. smile1 It's very original on your part and absolutely brilliant on hers. I have every confidence, too, that they'll both be able to outwit Mayson and her dirty tricks (and maybe even her attempt to wield kryptonite) together.

Sigh. This romance makes me so happy.

I can't wait to see what happens with the interview. Please update as soon as you can. (Oh, and one more thing -- I want to mention that I really appreciate the frequent and regular updates).

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful about Lois' ideas for the interview! smile1 I'm so excited that Lois is going with Clark as I felt she should be there somehow. You're amazing how you come up with all these ideas to incorporate.

But whoa on the photo blush :
Here's a pic of Lois in the suit.

If the pic is grainy, click on it to enlarge it - that looks far raunchier than I remember from the show!
That is definitely NOT what Lois looked like on the show, and it looks almost cartoonish, like it's been touched up, maybe airbrushed, or maybe they just attached Teri's face, as her hair was never like that either, and I will not mention specific body parts that did not look like that. eek

Now I have to go look for a pic to attach or something. No wonder Clark was speechless, although I think he would have been even with the real suit Lois wore in the show!

You are amazing! jawdrop

EvelynC
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really like the idea that Lois is going to be there with Clark as he is being interviewed by Mayson and Linda. I'm all but sure that she can help him out of some awkward situations.

Also, as for the idea that Superman and Ultrawoman are going to be "officially" boyfriend and girlfriend, well, why not? It's so obvious that people would think that about them if Superman and Ultrawoman had existed for real, and yet I don't think the idea has ever been explored in a fanfic. It is certainly very interesting to see someone take the idea seriously!

But as for Ultrawoman's suit... whoa, like Bob said. In my opinion, Lois looks like anything but a "nice girl" in that picture. She looks more like a woman who might be "for hire", if you know what I mean. If Lois wants people to think that Superman is a nice man with a steady girlfriend, maybe the girlfriend ought not to dress like that. Or at least she should not strike that kind of poses!

But I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Re the photo ...

I was actually looking for a photo that showed her footwear because I was thinking that high-heels would accentuate the disguise, and couldn't remember what shoes UW wore. Every *real* photo I found was from about mid-thigh (or higher) up and I couldn't find anything about the shoes.

Eventually, I found this - and used it (mainly the colours and the details such as the armguards) for my description.

As warned in the fic, this pic is a lot more revealing than I remember, but I think the colours etc are correct.

Corrina.

But now I'm wondering how much that photo was airbrushed and whether it was even Teri confused

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
But now I'm wondering how much that photo was airbrushed and whether it was even Teri confused
It is NOT Teri it is a small plastic figure sold to teenage comic fans.

Teri in a screen cap

Originally posted by Female Hawk:
I was actually looking for a photo that showed her footwear
If you want the boots, there is a YouTube clip where you can see them.

at 2:27 you have a good shot looking down at the high heeled boots.
At 5:43 you have a good full body shot.
at 6:47-6:49 you can see the boots as she walks.

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part (again) and totally loved your originality.

Great thinking with superman and ultra woman both being at the interview and ultra woman serving as a distraction!

RE: the pic - I am convinced that that is not Teri, but just her face added onto another person's body in that suit.

smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
To be honest, it doesn't even look like a photograph to me -- the whole thing looks to me like a well-done painting. <shrug>

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, the others already cleared it up, but still
If the pic is grainy, click on it to enlarge it - that looks far raunchier than I remember from the show!
Nah, that's just how she would have looked like had LnC aired on HBO. Or been for sale in an adult video store goofy
Compared with the episode shot, the costume is a repro and I think that's not even Teri's head. And potentially photo-shopped, too.
[Linked Image]

Okay, but before I allow Clark's wet dream for Lois's dress code to get in the way of real FDK...

I never, ever, expected you to offer Lois up as Superman's official girlfriend, put her in the suit, *and* make her a regular appearance. Of course, this makes it quite easy for some guy with a laser to shoot them or for Clark to get hit by lighting while carrying Lois. : evil

Wonderful part, Corrina. Loving their hashing out the details, their banter, the fluffyness.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I repeat, it is a photo of a small plastic statue.

Not a painting or a photoshop.
Examples
Lois Lane Superman Returns

Zatanna
dozens

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoops, comes from checking out FDK threads on the mobile device blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First of all, sorry that this is so short, but the last couple of weeks have been pretty busy, and it doesn't seem to be getting much better... But I did want to drop by and let you know that this part has become one of my favorite so far and I just can't wait for the interview!

Cris (still hoping Corrina can be talked into an EoD schedule... :rolleyes: )

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is more about this whole story than about this particular and great chapter and a little O.T. BUT
I was on a United flight at the end of June and the Hemispheres magazine featured an article "Three Perfect Days in Melbourne." They have a continuing series about 3 day vacations in their destination cities. Anyway, I could envision the places Corrina talked about in the story.
THEN on the trip home yesterday, the new issue of Hemispheres featured a picture essay of The Great Ocean Road and I got to see some of the pictures of Lois and Clark's adventure.
Talk about a story coming to life!
Looking forward to the next chapter.
cool
Artemis

http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/2008/11/01/melbourne

http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/2010/07/01/long-and-winding-roads (scroll down)

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Betty Taking Lois out of Metropolis (and therefore out of Superman's life) gave me opportunities to set up some fun scenes - such as the interview. I'm glad you like the idea, too.

I'll keep the updates coming as quickly as possible - although 37 is being difficult grumble

Thanks, Betty.

Evelyn A continuing theme of this fic has been that Clark as Superman without Lois has been a mere shadow of the Superman (with Lois) that we know from canon. Lois *had* to be at his first interview.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Ann I remember a scene from the show where Superman and Ultra Woman slowly drifted up from the street, kissing. I always thought that had anyone noticed, (and it would be hard not to notice two brightly dressed people floating) there surely would have been a lot a questions about the exact nature of Superman's relationship with Ultra Woman.

Thanks, Ann.

Framework Thanks for the youtube clip - the photo I used seems to have got the details of the outfit correct.

DW Thanks - the interview should be fun!

Michael

And later on, I grinned about Lois's troubles with the spandex, but I always had the G-rated suit from the show in front of my mind's eye, so I just when with tight spandex and the difficulty of wearing it without superpowers.
This occurred to me too - Clark can spin in and out of the suit. Lois would have to get into it without super-powers and I don't that would have been easy.

Thanks, Michael.

Cristina Thanks. When I have finished writing the fic, I'll post more regularly. smile

Artemis Thanks for the links. It's amazing that they featured Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road smile

Thanks,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard