Top Banana
smile1 Feedback goes here. I hope it was fun to read. smile1

Bob

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
This was great fun to read. I love it.

Although it brought up many questions. I definitely think you need to write more stories in this universe.

I want to know how they met, about their relationship and why has Lois not met Martha yet

I hope to see more

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read it in the beta, and then I laughed all over again when you posted it, Bob!

As Lois looked around the equipment bay of the space transport, she could hardly believe that it had been so easy to sneak on board.
Yeah, I have to roll my eyes at the laughable EPRAD security.

“You taste like … bomb,” Lois answered with a strained expression.
laugh laugh laugh

"As for my recognizing you, how many people have seen you naked in the shower?”
**mind immediately goes right to gutter and stays there**

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story and fun to read! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Loves*

This is awesome! I need more! MOOOOOOORE!!! grovel

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story. Keep it coming. Yes, many unanswered questions.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, but clearly we need the back story.

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That was hysterical. Please do write more in this universe. The story leaves a lot of open questions for which I would love some answers; questions like: How and when did Lois and Clark meet? And what is Clark's day job (if he has one)?

Joy,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Totally loved it, however, now I have so many questions, which some of the others have mentioned, that needs answering!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm guessing Clark was the photographer partner she mentioned?
cool
Artemis

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Artemis:
I'm guessing Clark was the photographer partner she mentioned?
cool
Artemis
I had thought about that briefly, then discarded that notion, because:

1) The photographer is supposed to be very young. Clark (assuming he's the same age as "our" Clark) is in his prime, he's not "very young".

2) I would imagine Lois' rule against dating other journalists would really extend to dating any of her colleagues.

Of course, your guess is as good as mine.

Joy,
Lynn

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks everyone for the feedback. As for the story, let’s see what I can say:

Clark is the photographer: This was deliberately left vague but it’s not intended to be a secret. It occurred to me that with his ability to fly, or more specifically hover, Clark would be able to get shots that simply could not be reproduced by anyone else. So in this universe Clark Kent shares more with Peter Parker than just his uniform color. Anyway, Clark may work his way into reporting but in Lois’s mind he is first and foremost a photographer. That was why he was safe to consider for a relationship.

How Lois and Clark met: I’m not telling. I hope to write that story some time. However, in one of my exchanges with Sara I suggested that it could be a story similar to “Meet Me in Kansas City.” When she replied she pointed out this story was very close to being consistent with that universe. I toyed with the idea but decided against it. So, all I’ll say is that they did not meet at a journalism conference in KC.

Lois and Martha: Lois has been to the Kent farm many times and she knows Clark’s parents very well. (I’m sorry if this wasn’t clear Kathy.) L&C are well down the road in their relationship and Lois is very much a member of the Kent family. Lois was only out-of-the-loop for the costume design because she was busy with her investigation.

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is great! I sure love that Lois saw through Clark's disguise right away. Of course, she'd just have to do that if she and Clark are seriously dating.

I'd really like to see more of this LnC universe!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh. Love it. Way to lead us down the primrose path... I really liked the "settled couple" vibe, especially in that context!

Would like to read some more in this universe, but it's fine as is, too. Just fun. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Never saw the whole Clark thing coming. Not without any backstory and thanks for the clearing-up the Clark's-the-photographer-and-not-a-threat bit. Still makes me wonder about their backstory, though. Are you going to show it to us? Please? Pretty please?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Ann:
You wrote:
I sure love that Lois saw through Clark's disguise right away. Of course, she'd just have to do that if she and Clark are seriously dating.
In this universe it's no contest. She knows him very well. She knows he has the powers. And finally, she's familiar with the skin under the skin tight suit as well as the slicked-down hair.

PJ said:
I really liked the "settled couple" vibe
This all started because I've been trying to birth an alt S1 idea and struggling with how to approach the whole "Lois and Clark meet in an S1 background" that didn't feel like something that was done before. I kept comming up dry and basically threw my hands in the air and said, "Heck, what if they were already VERY together when S1 started?" After the dazed look left my face I sat down and put this together

Hi Michael:
Backstory... It's funny. As may be obvious from my notes above, when I put this together I didn't care at all about the back story and I was only minimally interested in S1 moving forward. Well, since I finished this and before I posted it, I've recieved a number of deliveries from my muse (Who, I should add, seemed relieved to find me. Apparantly he was still looking for me in Corvallis, OR.) and I have been frantically jotting notes for the prequel. So at this point I'm betting that the backstory will see the light of day.

Again, thanks to everyone that left feedback. I appreciate it more than you know.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Bob:
Is your muse still wearing a brown UPS uniform? Did he tell you to start writing a sequel? If not, he should have.
More soon.
cool
Artemis

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Artemis:
Hi Bob:
Is your muse still wearing a brown UPS uniform? Did he tell you to start writing a sequel? If not, he should have.
More soon.
cool
Artemis
Yeah. What can Brown do for you?
I can't help it that my muse looks like the Maytag repair man. smile1

Anyway, I'm working on the prequel. I was planning to spend some time on it tonight but your posting of Chapter 10.5 of "Nighttime in the Daytime" in the dark zone reminded me that I have some reading to catch up on.

But I have started. All I can hope is that the deliveries will continue.

Thanks for the note.
Bob

P
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
P
I enjoyed the story very much too and would love
to read more in that universe. By the way,
any hope for sequels to Return of Ultrawoman or
Sky Falls? I loved both those stories and have
read them several times.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lots of fun, Bob! Short stories are just my speed these days, so I was glad to find one by you.

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard