Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bobbart FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/09/10 07:35 PM
smile1 Feedback goes here. I hope it was fun to read. smile1

Bob
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/09/10 08:41 PM
This was great fun to read. I love it.

Although it brought up many questions. I definitely think you need to write more stories in this universe.

I want to know how they met, about their relationship and why has Lois not met Martha yet

I hope to see more

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
I read it in the beta, and then I laughed all over again when you posted it, Bob!

As Lois looked around the equipment bay of the space transport, she could hardly believe that it had been so easy to sneak on board.
Yeah, I have to roll my eyes at the laughable EPRAD security.

“You taste like … bomb,” Lois answered with a strained expression.
laugh laugh laugh

"As for my recognizing you, how many people have seen you naked in the shower?”
**mind immediately goes right to gutter and stays there**
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/09/10 08:45 PM
Cute story and fun to read! Laura
*Loves*

This is awesome! I need more! MOOOOOOORE!!! grovel
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/09/10 09:24 PM
Great story. Keep it coming. Yes, many unanswered questions.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/09/10 10:08 PM
Delightful, but clearly we need the back story.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 06:16 AM
That was hysterical. Please do write more in this universe. The story leaves a lot of open questions for which I would love some answers; questions like: How and when did Lois and Clark meet? And what is Clark's day job (if he has one)?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 07:14 AM
Totally loved it, however, now I have so many questions, which some of the others have mentioned, that needs answering!
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 07:22 AM
I'm guessing Clark was the photographer partner she mentioned?
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Artemis:
I'm guessing Clark was the photographer partner she mentioned?
cool
Artemis
I had thought about that briefly, then discarded that notion, because:

1) The photographer is supposed to be very young. Clark (assuming he's the same age as "our" Clark) is in his prime, he's not "very young".

2) I would imagine Lois' rule against dating other journalists would really extend to dating any of her colleagues.

Of course, your guess is as good as mine.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. As for the story, let’s see what I can say:

Clark is the photographer: This was deliberately left vague but it’s not intended to be a secret. It occurred to me that with his ability to fly, or more specifically hover, Clark would be able to get shots that simply could not be reproduced by anyone else. So in this universe Clark Kent shares more with Peter Parker than just his uniform color. Anyway, Clark may work his way into reporting but in Lois’s mind he is first and foremost a photographer. That was why he was safe to consider for a relationship.

How Lois and Clark met: I’m not telling. I hope to write that story some time. However, in one of my exchanges with Sara I suggested that it could be a story similar to “Meet Me in Kansas City.” When she replied she pointed out this story was very close to being consistent with that universe. I toyed with the idea but decided against it. So, all I’ll say is that they did not meet at a journalism conference in KC.

Lois and Martha: Lois has been to the Kent farm many times and she knows Clark’s parents very well. (I’m sorry if this wasn’t clear Kathy.) L&C are well down the road in their relationship and Lois is very much a member of the Kent family. Lois was only out-of-the-loop for the costume design because she was busy with her investigation.

Bob
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 06:38 PM
This is great! I sure love that Lois saw through Clark's disguise right away. Of course, she'd just have to do that if she and Clark are seriously dating.

I'd really like to see more of this LnC universe!

Ann
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/10/10 09:19 PM
Heh. Love it. Way to lead us down the primrose path... I really liked the "settled couple" vibe, especially in that context!

Would like to read some more in this universe, but it's fine as is, too. Just fun. smile

PJ
Never saw the whole Clark thing coming. Not without any backstory and thanks for the clearing-up the Clark's-the-photographer-and-not-a-threat bit. Still makes me wonder about their backstory, though. Are you going to show it to us? Please? Pretty please?

Michael
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/12/10 05:57 PM
Hi Ann:
You wrote:
I sure love that Lois saw through Clark's disguise right away. Of course, she'd just have to do that if she and Clark are seriously dating.
In this universe it's no contest. She knows him very well. She knows he has the powers. And finally, she's familiar with the skin under the skin tight suit as well as the slicked-down hair.

PJ said:
I really liked the "settled couple" vibe
This all started because I've been trying to birth an alt S1 idea and struggling with how to approach the whole "Lois and Clark meet in an S1 background" that didn't feel like something that was done before. I kept comming up dry and basically threw my hands in the air and said, "Heck, what if they were already VERY together when S1 started?" After the dazed look left my face I sat down and put this together

Hi Michael:
Backstory... It's funny. As may be obvious from my notes above, when I put this together I didn't care at all about the back story and I was only minimally interested in S1 moving forward. Well, since I finished this and before I posted it, I've recieved a number of deliveries from my muse (Who, I should add, seemed relieved to find me. Apparantly he was still looking for me in Corvallis, OR.) and I have been frantically jotting notes for the prequel. So at this point I'm betting that the backstory will see the light of day.

Again, thanks to everyone that left feedback. I appreciate it more than you know.

Bob
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/12/10 06:00 PM
Hi Bob:
Is your muse still wearing a brown UPS uniform? Did he tell you to start writing a sequel? If not, he should have.
More soon.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/12/10 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Artemis:
Hi Bob:
Is your muse still wearing a brown UPS uniform? Did he tell you to start writing a sequel? If not, he should have.
More soon.
cool
Artemis
Yeah. What can Brown do for you?
I can't help it that my muse looks like the Maytag repair man. smile1

Anyway, I'm working on the prequel. I was planning to spend some time on it tonight but your posting of Chapter 10.5 of "Nighttime in the Daytime" in the dark zone reminded me that I have some reading to catch up on.

But I have started. All I can hope is that the deliveries will continue.

Thanks for the note.
Bob
Posted By: Patti Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/13/10 10:46 AM
I enjoyed the story very much too and would love
to read more in that universe. By the way,
any hope for sequels to Return of Ultrawoman or
Sky Falls? I loved both those stories and have
read them several times.
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/13/10 12:41 PM
Lots of fun, Bob! Short stories are just my speed these days, so I was glad to find one by you.

smile
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Lois Lane Meets Superman (1/1) - 06/14/10 09:33 PM
Hi Patti,

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I think there will be more to say here.
By the way, any hope for sequels to Return of Ultrawoman or Sky Falls? I loved both those stories and have read them several times.
Now you've made my day. blush So, lets see what I can do...

Re: Return of Ultrawoman: I have one idea for a short but for the most part that story feels complete. Just last week I was thinking about a next generation story in that universe but I don't even have notes for either the short or the NG piece right now.

Re: SkyFall: I've started my notes but right now I don't have much story beyond that. Other than outlining the adventures of Martha and Jonathan during Skyfall, I don't have much else.

Re: LLMS: This is the one that my muse is most excited about right now. The good news is that ideas are getting down on paper. The bad news (such as it is) is that this will be much more substantial than LLMS.

And finally I'm working on notes for three other ideas that are unrelated to anything I've done before. Unfortunately, working on 6 things means that none of them are moving very fast. But I have to admit that feedback such as your gracious comments is a great motivator.

HappyGirl:

Thank you. Unfortunately only one of the items I mentiond above is short. I love short works but I rarely get those from my muse. To be honest they usually arrive when I'm working on something else. They sort of fall out of the pouch when something else is being delivered and I just find them.
----“100 Meters” came in the middle of “Return of Ultrawoman”
----“Why” was sitting on the floor half-way through “When the Sky Falls”
Hopefully with so many large works underway my muse will be careless again and I'll get another surprise.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Bob
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards