#71358 04/27/10 01:03 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Like it? Love it?
Yes, and Yes!!!

Normally I don't bother reading WiPs; there are enough finished works that I wish to read to keep me busy for a very long time. But I couldn't resist checking out the summary, and I was hooked from there.

"farmboy-wonder" - LOL!

I am eagerly awaiting the second installment.

cheers,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!

Gosh, I'm doubly honored--by the great feedback and the fact that you broke your no-WIPs rule for my story! THANKS!!

I just finished re-watching "Strange Visitor", and I swear, I'm just about as giddy as I was when this series first aired! I've always worked under the strike-while-the-iron's-hot philosophy, so it ought not be long before I post the next installment. Stay tuned!

Again, thank you ever so much for those kind words! Like I always say, feedback truly is inspiring!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute so far. I am looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
looks good - love the new angle, which is surprising me. i'm usually a waffy-type story lover, and this looks to be more than that! can't wait for the next part!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love it too! I have a problem with the galactically stupid Lois, and this was certainly a delicious new way of looking at things! It's funny, you know, that Superman's disguise is so ridiculously flimsy, but for all of that it has always fooled everyone. And yet, it was as if Lois's "approval" of his disguise, and her refusal to see through it, was necessary for everyone else to be fooled by it. Here we have a situation where Lois actually knows what she is doing: not only is she pretending to be taken in by Clark's disguise, but by pretending to be fooled by it she makes everyone else believe that Superman and Clark Kent are two different persons.

Fascinating and very sweet!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think it's awesome and a refreshing beginning to the story that is Lois and Clark. Can't wait for more; hope you're a fast writer and poster. smile

Thanks for sharing your inspiration and writing talent with us.

Cheers
Elizabeth

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I loved it - great insight into how Lois thinks about this Clark/Superman.

I am also eagerly waiting for the next instalment smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Gosh, I am terribly flattered! Thank you all so much!

I don't think I realized quite the novelty of this idea till reading these lovely responses to this twist of the ol' mythos. It's one I've been wanting to tackle for quite some time; in fact, the start of this first installment had actually been languishing on my hard-drive for quite a while when a re-watch of the pilot earlier this week brought it back to the mental front-burner. I am absolutely thrilled to see such appreciation--and honored to see y'all find it a refreshing & even surprising approach!

Again, thank you ever so kindly for your ever so kind words. I'm feeling particularly inspired and motivated to write up and post the next installment as fast as ordinary-human-ly possible!

Muchas Gracias, Merci Beaucoup, Domo Arigato, and all that jazz!!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by BrenRen:
I'm feeling particularly inspired and motivated to write up and post the next installment as fast as ordinary-human-ly possible!
Yay! Then our mission has succeeded.
smile1 smile1 smile1

Very much looking forward to the next installment,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by TOC:
It's funny, you know, that Superman's disguise is so ridiculously flimsy, but for all of that it has always fooled everyone. And yet, it was as if Lois's "approval" of his disguise, and her refusal to see through it, was necessary for everyone else to be fooled by it.

Ann
Oh, I so totally agree with you on that one!

And nowhere was this more aggravating for me than at the end of the ep "Top Copy". I don't care that he did appear to her to be in two places at the same time, I never thought that alone would have been enough to convince Lois, who was already garnering up some pretty hefty suspicions regarding Clark Kent's inconsistent behavior, that what's-her-face was talking out her arse in her Super-expose. And that lame-oid "I don't have laundry machines" excuse from holo-Supes? Really, Lois, you had to see through that one, even without x-ray vision!

But that's a PlotBunny for another day. I've gotta get this beastie completed before I tackle that one. It is, however, next on my proverbial L&C PlotBunny chopping block when I finally do wrap up this alternate take!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bren Ren!

Very interesting premise, having a Lois without FRD (btw, did you see this thread here ?). Wonder how this is going to play out in regards to Lex Luthor. Clark's jealousy will appear in a slightly different light, but I think Lois is going to see Clark more as Clark than as Superman. And the non-revelation from HiM will have quite the different tone clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Hi Bren Ren!

Very interesting premise, having a Lois without FRD (btw, did you see this thread here ?). Wonder how this is going to play out in regards to Lex Luthor. Clark's jealousy will appear in a slightly different light, but I think Lois is going to see Clark more as Clark than as Superman. And the non-revelation from HiM will have quite the different tone clap

Michael
Thanks, Michael!

How about the non-revelation in TOGOM? Or the near-miss revelation in Top Copy?! Those are certainly gonna be fun to play with! HiM and PML, though, are probably gonna be my favorite Season One eps to play with in this universe methinks!

Thanks again! Now back to work... more coming soon!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
HiM and PML, though, are probably gonna be my favorite Season One eps to play with in this universe methinks!
drool drool drool drool
Umm... blush Excuse my while I go wiping the drool off. You not by any chance planning a visit to the dark side for those, are you? blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Excuse my while I go wiping the drool off. You not by any chance planning a visit to the dark side for those, are you? blush

Michael
Drool away... I've got extra industrial size mops if you need 'em for the clean-up! :p

No, 'fraid I'm not planning to stray too far from canon--in fact, the goal is to stay as true to canon as possible--well, with the obvious exception of the whole Lois-knows angle, of course... But my primary objective is to keep the tweaking of the original dialogue as minimal as I can get away with and still have it make sense with that premise given.

In the FDK for my newest nFic, Ann commented that
...sometimes I think that she has actually seen through Clark's disguise long ago, but for some reason she keeps up the pretense that she hasn't. Maybe she is testing Clark somehow? Or maybe she is just playing along with his secret identity game to see where he will be taking it?
It is that very exact line of thinking that inspired this story--and that's the only rationalization I've been able to wrap my little brain round for Lois's "FRD" (thanks for the plug in that thread, by the way! wink ), especially after the snogfests in PML & HiM (those are, of course, entirely to blame for my first SuperFic "Don't Say A Word" :p )--not to mention Top Copy! (which is likely the subject of my next long SuperFic after this beast is in the can! :p )

Thanks be to any passing gods who may be listening for the wonderful world of fanfic, wherein we can correct those glaring mistakes of episode gone by... wink :p

Long live fanfiction!!!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whatever happened to this fic?? Did you ever write more?? Loved the start! Here's some encouragement to write more in case it got buried somewhere! cool Please! grovel

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dearest FoLCs,

My sincere apologies for leaving you all waiting for so long! RL went to Hades in the proverbial handbasket for quite a while here, and the poor muse slipped into one heck of a coma... But I assure you all, I do intend to continue this series, and Part 1 of the next installment will soon be ready for posting. I thank you all for your patience, and an even bigger THANK YOU! for all the kind feedback and encouragement! It is truly more inspiring and motivating than anything on this earth. THANKS!!!!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard