Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks again to Bob and Carol for their longsuffering beta-reading.

The cut-and-paste did something strange with the hard returns this time. I tried to catch them all. I apologize if I missed any.

Tell me you're still with me, good or bad. We're almost there! laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When it seemed that the next step would be more enjoyable in the bedroom, Clark pulled away just enough to take Lois by the hand and lead the way. They were almost at the doorway when a loud beeping noise made both of them jump.
Wait a minute, I didn't know Jimmy Olsen was appearing at this point in the fic! wink

"Oh, no," she agreed, grasping him around the neck and placing her own kisses wherever she could reach, "definitely not to sleep."

Clark was the first one awake in the morning.
I sense the need for an nfic chapter right where those three little asterisks were...

Clark was especially nervous about shaving while Lois was in the room. One wrong move and she could end up with a serious burn.
You know, that's a really good point. And gee, wasn't that glossed over in the TV show episode!

Lois placed her hands over his where they rested at her waist. The tender gesture belied her teasing words. "Oh, believe me, Kent, if you were only my undercover work partner, you would have slept alone last night. On that sofa in the living room."
Tee-hee-hee!

"Exactly. If you call Luthor and tell him that an anonymous source--that would be me--told you about Roarke's planned sabotage, Luthor can have his entire system checked for tampering. Meanwhile, you can tell Bill Henderson that the same anonymous source tipped you off about the files. Between your tip, whatever tampering evidence Luthor finds, and the tapes from last night, the police have got probable cause to search that office. There's no need for us to go in there. Meanwhile, we can keep the surveillance operation going here in case anything else comes up before the police get there."
Gosh, that makes so much more sense! It's (gasp) logical! And Superman doesn't have to dig a big trench... laugh

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I love your take on this episode, as well as the way that you're progressing their personal lives.

I'm still not sure how the whole marriage thing is going to work out at the Daily Planet. At some point, I think secrets will be told. (Although not that secret, but the other one.)

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was an excellent rewrite.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love it and I can't wait to see the next part.

I hope it is soon

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Kathy -

[and everyone else]

Just as an FYI - HG sent an email to me and Bob this evening about a very serious turn her RL has taken and doesn't know when she'll be able to get back to this.

We all hope - including HG - it's soon of course, but it is very possible we'll have a bit of a wait.

I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers, etc. even if she doesn't make it back for a while.

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Picture me finishing reading this chapter with a big grin of contentment on my face until I read Carol's post.

HappyGirl, take care, you are in my prayers.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another awesome chapter; you are such a talented writer and the story is progressing nicely.

While I can hardly wait for the next few concluding chapters, I see (from the posts above) that you have to take a break from it for a little while so I just wanted to say you are in our thoughts. I wish you all the best and look forward to your return to the boards.

Regards
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, newlywed LnC are so much fun! clap

"That's right,” she said in a very reasonable tone. “I only want you to take a peek and see if there's anything in there that's worth *me* breaking and entering for."
rotflol

Nice to see this growing a little more smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Any word on the status? I hope all is well

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I hadn't noticed Carol's post before. Like Robinson, I hope Happygirl is okay.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, good luck HG on whatever it is and we will be here when you can come back!
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You are all so sweet. It's nice to know this story hasn't completely fallen off everyone's radar screen. It hasn't fallen off of mine, either, but I needed to take a break.

My brother passed away near the end of February. He was 41 years old. He'd been suffering for two years from a very rare, aggressive, and untreatable form of cancer. I'm sure you can all understand why I wasn't really in the writing mood for a while. I have my good days and bad days now. This story will eventually be finished, but I don't plan to post any more until I've got the end completely written. That way I won't feel pressured to write when I'm not in the mood.

Thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts and prayers.

This *is* my happily ever after.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, that is so sad HappyGirl. You and your family are in our thoughts too. Wishing you more and more of the good days as time goes by.

Look forward to reading more of the story when you are ready to post.

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so sorry about your loss. You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
So sorry to hear about your brother, HappyGirl. We miss you on the boards.

Look after yourself and when you feel ready, it will be great to have you back.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to what everyone says. It is really hard after a loss, especially that of a young person. Yes, just write as you feel up to it. But when you get it done, post in chapters and give us a few days between each one to give you feedback. That's really the fun part for us.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*Hugs* Take care, Hap. We're here for you. sloppy

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey HappyGirl, hope you're doing OK. Was thinking about this fic the other day and was wondering how you were doing. Just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten you and you are still in our thoughts.

*hugs*

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard