Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HappyGirl FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 02/15/10 08:17 PM
Thanks again to Bob and Carol for their longsuffering beta-reading.

The cut-and-paste did something strange with the hard returns this time. I tried to catch them all. I apologize if I missed any.

Tell me you're still with me, good or bad. We're almost there! laugh
When it seemed that the next step would be more enjoyable in the bedroom, Clark pulled away just enough to take Lois by the hand and lead the way. They were almost at the doorway when a loud beeping noise made both of them jump.
Wait a minute, I didn't know Jimmy Olsen was appearing at this point in the fic! wink

"Oh, no," she agreed, grasping him around the neck and placing her own kisses wherever she could reach, "definitely not to sleep."

Clark was the first one awake in the morning.
I sense the need for an nfic chapter right where those three little asterisks were...

Clark was especially nervous about shaving while Lois was in the room. One wrong move and she could end up with a serious burn.
You know, that's a really good point. And gee, wasn't that glossed over in the TV show episode!

Lois placed her hands over his where they rested at her waist. The tender gesture belied her teasing words. "Oh, believe me, Kent, if you were only my undercover work partner, you would have slept alone last night. On that sofa in the living room."
Tee-hee-hee!

"Exactly. If you call Luthor and tell him that an anonymous source--that would be me--told you about Roarke's planned sabotage, Luthor can have his entire system checked for tampering. Meanwhile, you can tell Bill Henderson that the same anonymous source tipped you off about the files. Between your tip, whatever tampering evidence Luthor finds, and the tapes from last night, the police have got probable cause to search that office. There's no need for us to go in there. Meanwhile, we can keep the surveillance operation going here in case anything else comes up before the police get there."
Gosh, that makes so much more sense! It's (gasp) logical! And Superman doesn't have to dig a big trench... laugh
I love your take on this episode, as well as the way that you're progressing their personal lives.

I'm still not sure how the whole marriage thing is going to work out at the Daily Planet. At some point, I think secrets will be told. (Although not that secret, but the other one.)

Elisabeth
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 02/16/10 06:48 PM
That was an excellent rewrite.
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 02/16/10 07:21 PM
I love it and I can't wait to see the next part.

I hope it is soon

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 02/16/10 07:31 PM
Kathy -

[and everyone else]

Just as an FYI - HG sent an email to me and Bob this evening about a very serious turn her RL has taken and doesn't know when she'll be able to get back to this.

We all hope - including HG - it's soon of course, but it is very possible we'll have a bit of a wait.

I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers, etc. even if she doesn't make it back for a while.

Carol
Picture me finishing reading this chapter with a big grin of contentment on my face until I read Carol's post.

HappyGirl, take care, you are in my prayers.
Another awesome chapter; you are such a talented writer and the story is progressing nicely.

While I can hardly wait for the next few concluding chapters, I see (from the posts above) that you have to take a break from it for a little while so I just wanted to say you are in our thoughts. I wish you all the best and look forward to your return to the boards.

Regards
Elizabeth
Ooh, newlywed LnC are so much fun! clap

"That's right,” she said in a very reasonable tone. “I only want you to take a peek and see if there's anything in there that's worth *me* breaking and entering for."
rotflol

Nice to see this growing a little more smile

Michael
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/19/10 08:27 PM
Any word on the status? I hope all is well

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/19/10 11:24 PM
I hadn't noticed Carol's post before. Like Robinson, I hope Happygirl is okay.

Ann
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/20/10 02:21 PM
Well, good luck HG on whatever it is and we will be here when you can come back!
regards
Artemis
You are all so sweet. It's nice to know this story hasn't completely fallen off everyone's radar screen. It hasn't fallen off of mine, either, but I needed to take a break.

My brother passed away near the end of February. He was 41 years old. He'd been suffering for two years from a very rare, aggressive, and untreatable form of cancer. I'm sure you can all understand why I wasn't really in the writing mood for a while. I have my good days and bad days now. This story will eventually be finished, but I don't plan to post any more until I've got the end completely written. That way I won't feel pressured to write when I'm not in the mood.

Thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/20/10 08:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Oh, that is so sad HappyGirl. You and your family are in our thoughts too. Wishing you more and more of the good days as time goes by.

Look forward to reading more of the story when you are ready to post.

Cheers
Elizabeth
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/20/10 10:35 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss. You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Ann
So sorry to hear about your brother, HappyGirl. We miss you on the boards.

Look after yourself and when you feel ready, it will be great to have you back.

Corrina.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 03/21/10 09:30 AM
Ditto to what everyone says. It is really hard after a loss, especially that of a young person. Yes, just write as you feel up to it. But when you get it done, post in chapters and give us a few days between each one to give you feedback. That's really the fun part for us.
regards
Artemis
*Hugs* Take care, Hap. We're here for you. sloppy
Hey HappyGirl, hope you're doing OK. Was thinking about this fic the other day and was wondering how you were doing. Just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten you and you are still in our thoughts.

*hugs*
Awww! Thank you! I'm doing well. I've been thinking about my brother today as it's Memorial Day in the U.S. If I lived closer I'd have visited his grave and brought some flowers. But, in general, I'm doing well.

I've written part 28 and it's back from the betas. Part 29 is mostly in long-hand on a small pad of paper because I've been writing it in bits and pieces while waiting for my son's baseball games to start. But we're done with school after this week and the toddler has gone home to his parents to stay (pending the final okay from the judge at this week's status hearing), so it shouldn't be too much longer. I'm not going to post until I have it finished because I don't want to start and stop on you, but it's definitely getting there.

Thanks again for asking/prodding gently. smile
And now it's done! It's been a roller-coaster year. I'm thinking of my brother as his birthday is next week. Last year I went home for Christmas to visit with him for the last time.

Then, probably right after the posting above, we found out that we were (very unexpectedly) expecting our sixth (!) child. So now I'm on bed rest and counting down the weeks. (seven to go!) Now that I'm over the initial shock, I'm delighted to welcome this new little one. Talk about a plot twist. wink

In any case, Part 28 goes up tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest. Then, I'll aim for every other day so we have a little time to digest between chapters.

Thank you everyone for your patience and encouragement.

Happy
party party party party party party party party party party party party party party

Michael blush
^I second that. party And congratulations on your little one. party

And I'm absolutely looking forward to reading the conclusion. (I read all existing chapters a few days back in two evenings. Looong evenings. smile )
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 12/06/10 05:26 PM
Ok I've caught up again. Love the story. Now is the next bit new stuff yet?
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 12/06/10 07:08 PM
Yes, congratulations on your baby and hope your bedrest goes quickly and all is well for your delivery!

So excited to have a new part coming next! Yay!! clap
Posted By: hank1469 Re: FDK: The Man Under the Suit, Part 27/31 - 12/07/10 11:31 AM
I just found this story recently and have spent a couple days just catching up and reading the comments etc. so I'm way behind on the history here. My condolences on your brother's passing. My best wishes for an easy delivery and a healthy baby. By-the-way' the story is very nice.I've always wondered why Lois isn't more logical when plotting her break-ins etc, especially when she knows what Clark can do. Your take on that is refreshing.
Welcome Hank thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards