Next Thread
Print Thread
#68993 01/26/10 03:27 AM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LOL rotflol

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#68994 01/26/10 04:25 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
"H. G. Wells must die."

Never saw that one coming! Great ending, Queenie. And the part about the "Planet girl" asking questions? Very interesting.

We assume, from the context, that the others in the room who aren't human are Kryptonian, but that may not be the case. For all we know, they could be six-tentacled Aurillians from the Horsehead Nebula or something.

Glad to see these back, too. I love these little off-kilter humor pieces. When I start thinking about writing something like this, my muses give me these odd looks and suggest something dark and dramatic and WHAMmy. You're a breath of fresh air and a joy to read. Thank you.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#68995 01/26/10 08:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek

I'm guessing they're all descendants of LnC. Except Chet. Whoever he is...

“That time-traveler who keeps trying to prevent Gramps and Gran from getting together,” Jerry spoke up. As the oldest in the room (though a stranger wouldn’t know it), he’d had the good fortune to actually meet the first Clark Kent while a child. “I think we finally managed to shake him off for good. Claire tells me that he’s taken off to bother other universes, now.”
At first I thought it's H.G. Wells, but the last bit... well, sounds like Tempus.

Louis nodded. “Right. Got it. Jordan?” He turned to the man in question. “You find out about her and report back. Hopefully, she’s a Planet girl, and we can just kill the story. If not: Kyle, you and your brother will keep an eye on her. If worse comes to worse, you all know what to do.”
It implies silencing her, but since this is a happy story and they're LnC descendants, I'm saying making her fall for him and marry her. Poor guy laugh

“Then it’s settled,” Louis calmly stated. “H.G. Wells must die.” He pounded the gavel.
What now? Is this a Mirror-verse?

Sequel? Now. lol Terry

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#68996 01/26/10 10:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm...from the context, Gramps is Clark, and Gran is not Lois, so that means Gran is...Mayson? Zara?

I like your dark humor, Queenie.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#68997 01/26/10 01:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know much of the comics, but aren't the names important in DC lore?

"Kyle" - wasn't he a Green Lantern or something? And wasn't Hal Jordan a Green Lantern, too? Did you pick these names deliberately?

Great fic - one with a O.Henry-esque last line!

#68998 01/26/10 01:59 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Sounds like someone got a strong dose of New Kryptonian ethics. Or maybe they're all descended from the clone Clark?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#68999 01/26/10 02:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As with all your stories, this shows a touch of genius, but I am a little confused, because you've turned everything on its head. (Which may have been your intention.) Sinister descendants of Lois and Clark? H.G. Wells trying to keep them apart? They control the stories published by the Planet? Their powers being kept a secret? You may need a sequel to make it clear to us what is going on.

#69000 01/26/10 05:08 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hey guys! wave

Okay, sorry this one's so confusing -- that's what I get for writing/posting at 3 am. dizzy

Darth Mike, you're the first one to hit the nail on the head. Congratulations! laugh

Iolan, yes and no. The names were chosen with care, but not because they're the same as any heroes/villains. I basically just tried to think of names a Kent would have.

As for continuing...Oy.
I suspected from the start that I would have to, but I don't think I can. At least, not for quite a while. Since I won't be able to do anything with it for some time, I hereby make a gift of the plot (feel free to use and enjoy):

It's been on my to-do list for a while now to write a fic in which an HG Wells from a parallel universe shows up, bent on preventing Lois and Clark from having kids. This is because in the universe he's from, the Kents have effectively formed a Kryptonian mafia. I have my own ideas as to why this is, but there's the basics in a nutshell.

Maybe someday I'll be able to give it the attention it warrants, but in the meantime, anyone else is free to take it for a joyride. ^^

~•~
#69001 01/27/10 12:34 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I always love reading your fics, especially knowing that it won't make sense until I get to the last line. This was giggly cute.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard