Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OMG!! Soooooo good!! I LOVED how you handled the reveal. I am a huge Top copy fan and i just thought this was sooo well written and thought out! LOVED IT. I like your Lois also and her reactions.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very good story. I loved this:

I cringe as I hear myself talk in platitudes. Lois deserves so much more than this, she deserves a real explanation. But I'm beginning to fear that I don't have one. It's just become a habit to hide my powers. Pretending to be normal is so convenient, so much easier than facing the problems of being different.
How true! And how easy it is to become stuck in a habit and do something for no good reason, just because you've always done like this.

Good to see you back here!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I think it's hilarious that all the women go ga-ga over a man who can do laundry.

The ending was all WAFFy and great, too.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent fic. You know, it does make sense that there would some fallout from Clark's declaration that he does Superman's laundry. At the very least, as you pointed out, everyone will know that he is close friends with Superman, so he's going to be a media figure in his own right.

That probably explains why everyone seems to think nothing of it when Clark grabs his tie and says, "I'm going to get Superman" in later episodes.

Although on the show, I disliked Clark's explanation. "Doing laundry" sounds altogether too prosaic for a superhero. Superheroes shouldn't have to worry about laundry, darn it!

(Except apparently they do. I'm reminded of a great bit from one of the "Spiderman" movies, where Peter Parker is washing his clothes in a lonely laundromat late at night, and he sighs to see that the red-and-blue of the Spiderman costume has gotten all over his whites.)

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hey, thank you very much Bellarata, TOC, Elisabeth and YolantheAlias. I'm glad you liked this little piece. party

It's great to be back with another story. I missed the boards (and the feedback blush ). And I'm afraid I'm going to miss them even more once I start working (which will be next week) I'm so excited...

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, bakasi. I loved it. Yeah, about women going ga-ga for a guy who can do laundry! That's hilarious. Very good reveal.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As soon as I step out of the elevator, I know that I’m in for trouble. It’s more a feeling than anything tangible. Lois doesn’t seem to be fuming. She sits at her desk, studying some papers. I’m not late for work, although my powers are already kicking back in. It is hard to tell what it is exactly that warns me. Perhaps it is Lois’ heart that beats slightly faster than usual. Or maybe it is the bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk.
Mayson? And Lois is jealous?

The whole flower-sending bit cracked me up laugh

Then Lois shrugs her coat off and turns towards me. Any reply that might have been on the tip of my tongue suddenly vanishes into nothingness. The sight of Lois is just breath-taking. She’s wearing a gorgeous satin dress in burgundy red that fits her just perfectly. The plunging neckline emphasized her curves. A thin layer of lace hides most of her cleavage, but reveals enough to make me dizzy. But then, the sight of her always makes me a little dizzy. I stare at her, bedazzled, and cannot help but smile.
jawdrop I never so Lois surprise-dating Clark laugh

Fun story!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It was wonderful to have you posting to the boards again.

Sounds like congratulations are in order for your job, but I hope you will still find some time to write. I always look forward to reading anything with your name on it.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your nice feedback.

@cookiesmom: you have me flattered. Thank you very much.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Merriwether
Merriwether
Real life has totally blown up for me during the last two weeks and I haven't had a chance to check the boards lately. So imagine my delight when I found this had been posted!

“So, you’re telling me this is all about doing Superman’s laundry?” I ask him incredulously and pick up one of the cards that must have come with the flowers. “I love doing laundry...” I read, loud enough for Jimmy to hear. “There’s a phone number, too”, I raise my brows, surprised. “Does she want me to pass on the message to Superman or is this an invitation to enjoy the pleasures of washing together?” I wonder and shake my head.
LOL, this is really cute. I don't think I've ever seen a fic where Clark gets groupies because of the laundry, but it makes perfect sense! Very clever and creative take on things -- I love it!

(And after the world got a look at him at that press conference, you just know those women were after him and not Superman -- a man who does laundry and looks like that? Be still my heart! drool )

“But mostly I was scared of myself. I set things on fire. I didn’t just break vases. I accidentally unhinged doors, to name just one of the rather harmless mishaps. Whenever I thought that I’d learned to control my powers, a new one kicked in and there was no way of knowing what was going to happen next.”
I also really like this explanation -- his "mistakes" as a kid were on a much larger scale than anyone else's, which would be bound to terrify him. All kids go through clumsy phases, but the consequence of him accidentally bumping into something could be dangerous. Good insight.

“Because I’d rather spend this evening with Clark. He’s the guy I fell in love with. Superman was just some fantasy.”
Yay, Lois finally gets it! Sweet tag line. thumbsup

Thank you, bakasi! It was really fun to see how you incorporated my prompts. clap

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard