bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback here. smile1

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
I know I've read that before as a beta reader, but it struck me as especially poignant tonight in light of the disaster in Haiti.

This *is* my happily ever after.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still enjoying your story, Bob. It's a unique and interesting view of the Nightfall episode. We get to see a Lois and Clark that act just a little differently than usual - Lois is more cautious and even without his memory, Clark is more assertive.

So sad that Lois' apartment was destroyed, but the offer of staying with Clark can only be a good thing. At least, my inner fangirl was squeeing and whispering "do it, do it" under my breath.

Nice work. I can't wait to see Lois start to put the pieces together about Lex. Someone needs to give Clark a picture of Luthor so he can tell Lois his gut reactions.

More soon!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're portraying this really well, Bob clap

“Okay people, I'd like all of you to head home and see how your homes fared. Based on what we’re hearing about the level of destruction, some of you are going to find your homes destroyed. I'll ask for those of you that still have a place to live to consider hosting other members of our Daily Planet family.
I think after this, I started to wonder whether it would be Lois' or Clark's apartment that got nuked during the night. Considering Clark has the globe at his, the memory loss, the couch, etc. it was the logical way to go clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like others have said, this is a fascinating, thought-provoking and harrowing description of what it would be like to have your city partially destroyed. The idea of finding your own apartment building destroyed is enough to give you pause:

As they walked, Lois was lost in her thoughts. Her mind bounced between things as inconsequential as her furniture to wondering about the state of her neighbors.
Awful.

And Clark still has that burning sensation inside. He still has kryptonite in his system.

Imagine that he doesn't remember his own bedroom, just the fact that Lois has slept in there! I hope Lois accepts his offer to let her stay there.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My inner fangirl is squeeing too. Hey, get L&C spending the night together! smile

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you all for the comments.

I wanted to have enough damage that there was a genuine impact but not be so much that this would be an exploration of life in a post-apocalyptic world. This is a story about Lois and Clark, not the end of the world.

There is much more I’m tempted to say but I keep having to erase my notes. This is the point where I feel like if I say hardly anything then I’ve said too much.

Thanks again.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Does that mean the next chapter is ready?

(Only checking for it about 4 times a day . . . )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL cookiesmom! I keep coming back and checking for the next chapter multiple times each day too. smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
c-mom, elizabeth:

Thank you so much. You made my morning. smile1 After that, how could I delay?

Chapter 11 is up now.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you! Off to read it now! jump

Cheers
Elizabeth

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a poignant section of the story. I'm surprised that the Daily Planet building survived as intact as it did, but not surprised that Lois' support structure was somewhat taken away. I forsee another offer from Lex in Lois' near future.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard