Kerth
FDK goes here.

Thanks!

Corrina.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wow! Of course you are going to post the next part soon instead of leaving us with this evil cliffhanger.

I wonder how long it will be before Lois realizes the extent of her superpowers. Will Za and Ching work with Lois to fix this?

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You CAN'T leave us hanging like this.

jawdrop

What Kathy said.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I'm beginning to think Ching is the key here. Nor screwed up when he... double crossed [or whatever you call it when you depose the Supreme Ruler and take his wife for your concubine instead of letting the guy who helped you this whole time have her] because he's in on the whole thing. I think Nor's supreme ruler thing may only go so far though I'm afraid of how far he'll go in order to keep power.

I really don't think any of *us* are surprised that Nor wants Lois [and I use the term wants there very loosely], though I can see how Kal might end up being surprised since Nor has shown a certain amount of disdain for the 'alien woman'.

So more comes... when?

Carol [who things no one will remember her cliffhanger today with this one out there wink ]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nooo! You were right that is the most evil cliffhanger yet. It's past midnight and I was sat at my computer screaming 'it can't end there, not another few days to wait!' Things have got so bleak so fast. More FDK tomorrow. Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Remember, my children, what the Great Storyteller said in time long past:

It's really just a sweet little love story.

Or something to that effect.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

So get back here and start kicking some House of Dur butt, Corinna! mad

Hmm...it's been said that if Superman didn't have Clark's character, he could have taken over the world and forced everyone else to do his bidding. There is no equivalent of Kryptonite on this planet. What's to stop Lois from executing a one-woman coups-d'etat? Canon law be damned. "All right, folks, I've had it up to here with this nonsense. I'm in charge now. Why? Because I said so, and there ain't a blessed thing any of you can to do stop me." Somehow I think Corinna has something more subtle in mind, but isn't it nice to think about?

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
<red alert - RL> <red alert - RL> <red alert -RL>

<basically no time until Christmas>

<fantastic chapter - Lois needs to use her superpowers - surely no good can come out of meekly submissing to Nor>

<obviously Lois can't let Kal offer his life for her - how happy will she be with Kal's dead body, and Nor can't do anything to her, given her invulnerability and undiscovered strength>

<Nor is never to be trusted, as Ching just discovered - will Ching try to make up for his treason, I wonder>

<over and out>

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

(C'mon, someone had to say it. You know it's what she was waiting for. wink )

My, my, you've certainly perfected the art of the cliffhanger, haven't you? That was quite a heart-pounding chapter, and quite a heart-pounding ending!

I figured Nor would take Lois after he took Za, but I did not expect him to betray Ching so quickly. I have a feeling Nor's arrogance will bring about his downfall -- if he'd allowed Ching to marry Za, he would have ensured Ching's loyalty, or at least his continued political impotence. But because Ching is from the North, Nor couldn't allow him even that small reward. He is definitely this planet's Lex Luthor, but the S2/3 Lex, after he let his obsession cloud his higher thinking. wink

It has just occurred to me, however, that since Za and Lois are both Nor's concubines, they might have the ability to talk, and hopefully scheme together. Maybe even along with Mo and Jib, assuming Nor takes all of them. Of course, that assumes they all live that long ... thumbsup

Needless to say, I am desperate to find out what comes next! Will Kal escape into the wilderness, maybe hiding in Tek's caves so Nor's men can't hunt him down? Will Lois stay in the palace to plot with Za and Ching, or will she escape to be with Kal? And what is it that Tek has up his sleeve, that he was asking Lois to trust him earlier?

Please don't keep us in suspense!

Kathy

P.S. You totally rock. laugh

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
the new queen of evil. congrats!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
ACK!

Okay, I seem to remember something about a wedding in part 30...so that's what I'm holding on to right now...

Aside from the evilness, this was a great part. And really, even the evilness was done so well - Nor's patience and scheming were clear. But I'm with others who suspect that Nor's arrogance, particularly in regards to Ching, will be his downfall. And I have faith in Tek!

More soon please!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pardon my french, but what the hell is Tek up to, and finish it fast, man!

Heck of a cliffhanger!!
JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAK!!!!! jawdrop devilsplat

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Evil, evil, evil!! huh huh jawdrop splat splat devilsplat
Kal: "O.K. I'm gonna scram from this cheesy planet and take Lois to a planet called 'Earth'".
Tek then unveils his hidden spaceship, grabs Riz & the kids, Lois and Kal and amscrays off New Krypton.
Well, it's an idea!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
There has to be a Kal-Nor face off in all of this at some point, with Lois and the all girl possse as back up. Change has to come and Kal has to be the one to put it in place A super powered Lois is fun, but I hope the powers temporary or limited to xray vison.
So...the wedding is off?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathy and cookiesmom Thanks for your FDK.

I'll post 29 as soon as I get 31 to Iolanthe.

Carol Ching ... uhm.

Sorry, that's about all I can say.

Thanks for your FDK.

Emma

Things have got so bleak so fast.
Yeah - it took 25 parts to set it up, then 3 parts to basically destroy it.

Thanks, Emma.

HappyGirl

It's really just a sweet little love story.
I was wrong ... it's not little!

What's to stop Lois from executing a one-woman coups-d'etat? Canon law be damned. "All right, folks, I've had it up to here with this nonsense. I'm in charge now. Why? Because I said so, and there ain't a blessed thing any of you can to do stop me."
Oh, I *love* that idea.

Except for this. If you don't have Kryptonite, how do you control Superman? By threatening someone he cares about.

So if Lois did that, she would have to personally bodyguard Kal at all times. Which could be fun. And then maybe Tek and Riz too. And of course the kids. Which could get crowded. Particularly if they ever get to the honeymoon bit.

Thanks HappyGirl. (Actually what I have in mind is not subtle at all.)

Ann Good points, Ann.

Thanks for leaving FDK even though you're so busy.

Kathy

I also noticed that you just managed to dissolve Kal's marriage to Za.
A lot of the earlier FDK centred on Nor's plan and the bigamy problem.

Knowing Nor's plan would *fix* the bigamy problem often made it difficult to respond without inadvertently connecting the two.

Thanks for the comments, Kathy.

Sarah Ah is that a *good* thing? :p

Thanks!

Amber

I seem to remember something about a wedding in part 30
Did I say that? wink Maybe I did because there was a time when I *thought* there would be a wedding in Part 30.

Thanks, Amber.

JD Thanks.

The cliffhangers just kept getting worse - the argument in 26, Kal being deposed in 27 and Kal offering his life in 28.

I've used up all my cliffhangers for awhile!

Laura Thanks! :p

Artemis Nice idea! Thanks.

SJH Yes, yes, no, no, no.

But not in that order.

Thanks.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I know that you are letting this grow and everything but I still can’t help but see it in the perspective of story structure and extrapolate that this story will probably be over in another 6-8 parts goofy On a related note, Lois going all Wookie on Nor should be fun, too. Nor: “Ow!!! Put that arm down. No, don’t throw my arm at me. Stop please, no hitting the Supreme Ruler with his own ripped-out appendages!” Okay, I guess I went a bit overboard there even before I got to start the real FDK, but that’s all your fault – yours and those cliffhangers of yours. Cliffhangers that don’t worry me, except for fuelling my need to seeing the payoff. Like Lois getting hit. The hitter breaking his hand in the process. Lois imitating a certain cinema-scene from TOGoM with Nor in the position of Dillinger. Come on, sleeping and RL is not something required for regular postings. Regular meaning twice a day hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah - it took 25 parts to set it up, then 3 parts to basically destroy it.
It'll be fixed just as quickly won't it?! laugh As I said before, there's a lot you can get done in a day on New Krypton, and you told me to remember so, though I don't know whether that means I was right or wrong!

Following on from what I said earlier (or just before I went to sleep last night!), Kal descended into despair so quickly. He has had it so instilled into him that the law is the law and there is no getting away from that fact. Admittedly, that is how most people do view the law, but he still isn't used to the way things work in Lois Lane's world. He has come to know her very well, but has still seen relatively little of her 'always questioning and never satisfied' side, the side that can't stand injustices and never gives up on finding a way to right all the wrongs.

Kal's instinct was to think 'that's it, nothing can be done' and focus on protecting Lois, not knowing she needs little protecting, even without the superpowers that are likely to now be fully developed. He was straight away resigned to his fate.

Knowing how wrong Kal's fate is, particularly as Nor has plotted and deceived him, Lois instantly began to fight, first of all by standing in the way of Nor and his men, much to Kal's horror, and then by going to fetch Tek. This was earth Lois in full flow and even she does not yet know the full extent of her power should she be required to use it.

I love the idea of Lois just dispensing with them all, I know it couldn't practically work, but as has been said, it would be so satisfying after the devastation Nor has brought to her wedding day.

Two of the soldiers charged Kal with such exaggerated intent, Lois had the fleeting impression that this was a sick joke.

Except Kryptonians didn’t joke.
Even amid all the drama, this was still quite funny, I love how you do that. We've come to know Kryptonian society very well in the course of this fic and therefore little lines like this are amusing. I'm glad, I needed some antidote as I really was on edge during this part, crazy when I know it will all end happily!

The way Kal lost everything so quickly was heartbreaking, as were the words he spoke to Lois. It is so like him/Clark to be only thinking of her. Even though Kal is a strong leader and intelligent, he seemed very fragile in this part (understandably I know) and I really ached for him.

Nor skirted the soldiers and advanced on Lois – only stalling when he was so close she could feel the waft of his breath upon her cheeks. “As the Supreme Ruler of New Krypton, I am ordering you to move aside,” he snarled. “If you do not, you will be shot and your body dragged from the doorway in a manner befitting an alien whore.”
This must have been awful for Kal to see, not ever having witnessed a Lois-is-ridiculously-brave moment, though he knew about the cliff episode. It was brave of her because she is not yet aware she is invulnerable. The cliff-survival was a clue, but you still wouldn't automitically think it. This is a Lois with no prior knowledge or experience of superpowers, not like when she was Ultrawoman in the show and knew what to expect.

Lois heard Kal gasp. She looked through Nor and saw the anxiety ripe on Kal’s face. Lois pulled back her focus and, with a final contemptuous glare at Nor, stepped aside. He strutted through the doorway without a further glance in her direction.
It seems she only stepped back because of what her defiance was doing to Kal!

“Where are we going?” Lois asked as she settled into a jog alongside Tek’s rickety stride.
Oh yes, Tek has a limp doesn't he, there must be something behind that. There is still a lot of mystery surrounding Tek, what he is up to and what he can do.

His disdainful tone snapped Lois’s restraint. She clasped a rifle barrel in each hand and pushed sideways. She felt Tek brush past her with a quick movement as he slipped through the doorway and into the building.

Lois thrust the weapons further apart and both sentries stumbled sideways. She ran after Tek.
Ok, it seems she's using a fair amount of force here, but does she fully realise it?

Tek stood slowly from floor. “There is nothing we can do.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Tek,” Lois chafed. “There has to be *something* we can do. Nor can’t commandeer the leadership of the entire planet just because a baby wasn’t born on time.”
Typical Lois, she just does not accept nothing can be done, giving up is not in her nature at all. Nor taking power is not right and she will not let him get away with it and go off to live with Yent or worse. She has had enough of quietly complying with the laws and rituals of the planet. It was ok when she just had to attend the odd report and see Kal in his black suit, refuse to speak about him to others, wear odd clothes and eat slightly odd food (though she did manage to improve that a bit over time). I guess she feels now she has nothing to lose. She lost everything, then fell in love with Kal. Without Kal, New Krypton is a very miserable and lonely place, expecially with Nor in charge instead.

Tek stepped closer to her. “Lady, you need to decide if you trust me totally.”

“I ... Kal trusts you.”
I like that he's respectfully still calling her lady. Lois still doesn't seem to fully trust Tek though, I thought she'd got over that when she found out Ard was his sister. Maybe her trust is waining in light of recent events, she can hardly be blamed.

“There is nothing we can do about Nor being the Supreme Ruler. His claim is supported by Canon Law.”

“That is so unfair,” Lois raged. “Kal has been a wonderful leader for this pl-.”
This has me very intrigued, though I'm useless at coming up with theories. Tek's plan clearly doesn't involve Kal being re-instated as Supreme Ruler, he seems to suggest that is lost forever, though I think a way around it may well end up being found. Tek must therefore have something else in mind, a hiding place maybe, an escape plan of some kind? Like I said, I'm not good with the theories!

Nor turned to her with ominous deliberation. Time crawled as his evil eyes bored slowly into hers. “The only reason you are still alive," he snarled, "Is my anticipation of witnessing your distress as your impotent hero is finally overthrown.”
Many a villain has made that mistake! They always want her to suffer first, giving her plenty of time to come up with a plan to get out of the mess, to be rescued, or as is more likely in this case, to do the rescuing! Of course, he wouldn't have much success if he did try to kill her, but he doesn't know that.

Nor had filled the past half an hour with a long-winded exposé of the Canon Law as it related to what he referred to as ‘Krypton’s Great Day of Reckoning’. Each word hammered the spike deeper into Kal’s heart.
hyper Yay! - sounds fun!

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael
and extrapolate that this story will probably be over in another 6-8 parts
I've thought that for the past 15 parts!!

Re your rant - I should have come to you for ideas!

You know, the first thing I thought was candleholder. Wouldn’t it be fun, if the candles on his chest suddenly lit up?
See what I mean about ideas?!

I don’t get the exile.
OK - picture this - using the Law, you've just shafted the SR and you now run the show. The *last* thing you'd want would be the former boss hanging around, possibly calling on his former soldiers/servants etc with thoughts of a takeover.

Hence - deposed SRs have to be exiled.

Will Nor accept. I guess so, because he wants Kal dead more than he wants Lois. He only wants her to hurt Kal. But he could still kill Kal later. Unless he would prefer to kill Kal in an official capacity. And then he will make a mistake by violating the promise and trying to consort with Lois before the taking of the life has occurred, thus forfeiting the mantle of Supreme Ruler. Yes?
PS: No, I don’t expect an answer to this last question.
Answer to question - No. :p

Thanks for such great FDK, Michael.

Emma

I loved all of your FDK Emma, but there were a few lines in there that were great, because they line up with where we are going ... so it's believable.

Lois still doesn't seem to fully trust Tek though, I thought she'd got over that when she found out Ard was his sister. Maybe her trust is waining in light of recent events, she can hardly be blamed.
It wasn't meant to suggest she doesn't trust Tek specifically, but that she is shaken and the first thing to go is her trust of anyone (except Kal!)

Poor Kal, becuase I feel I know him so well by now,
dance

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I have no desire for her,” Yent said. “She is an alien being – not even Kryptonian.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either Yent also does not take concubines for what we would associate them with, or he does not see Lois as attractive. It seems the fact she is an alien makes him wary.
Had my line read ... "I have no desire for her. She is an alien being - not even human." ... I think the meaning would have come across better because we understand that calling someone less than human is an insult.

However, Yent simply wouldn't have said that.

Initally I had something along the lines of "She's more animal than Kryptonian," but decided (as Iolanthe said) that was a bit harsh.

Thanks Emma.

31 is ready to go to Iolanthe - one final read and I'll send it tomorrow. (It's after midnight now). Then I'll check 29 and, assuming I don't find too many problems, I'll post it - possibly about 48 hours after the last part.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Re your rant - I should have come to you for ideas!
Now, if only I knew if this were a good or a bad thing. I mean, some of them where pretty un-nice blush

Good point on the exile. I guess, I figured that Kal was still noble and could be a member of the ruling council. After all, in such a highly evolved society such as Krypton people would be above such petty things as getting even. The SR was deposed because of equipment malfunction. No harm, no foul. Next please huh No? okay blush

Posting after you get up is fine, still means I'm going to get part 29 first thing in the morning laugh Which reminds me, some people prefer their newspaper with their breakfast, I prefer my LnC. Although, it does have newspapers in it, so... laugh

Micheal

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard