Kerth
FDK goes here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i think now is the time for me to stop reading each part as it posts and wait for the whole thing....if i can maintain will-power of course.
the suspense - argh! and starting off with lucy made me want to cry, and Ard's confession. what am i going to do now?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woo-hoo, Lois Lane is on a rampage!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, she is the Superwoman of this story, and she's Lois Lane, so it's only fitting that she fight for Truth and Justice (and, if you'll forgive the reference, the American Way, or at least the Democratic Way).

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh, Lois is heading for full-on, feisty, mad-dog mode, and with added superpowers - watch out Nor!

Loving the regular posting!!! This part was really interesting (and of course sweet too). I sense impending doom, meaning the wedding won't be smooth-sailing, but hopefully that means Nor's downfall is close too.

And the Lucy part - very intriguing! Who is she marrying? I get the feeling it's someone we know I don't know why, and how does it fit in?! - hmm! clap

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I do.”
Poor Lucy. And is this meant to show that Lois and Lucy are going to get married nearly at the same time? And to go ahead with the ceremony even if her sister had just perished in outer space frown The trip to Mars takes about 9 months? So, she died a few months into the trip. *) Does this mean Lucy got engaged after Lois’ trip started?

*) And since I just stumbled on it in Wikipedia, there is a proposal of using a VASIMR drive that is said to reduce travel time to 40 days. And given the state of technology in the LnC-verse, it suddenly makes me wonder just how long the trip would have taken. And of course, if it really is just 40 days of travel time, then Lucy scheduled her wedding right after Lois got shot into space. Not very nice of her.

If they didn’t – it wasn’t his failure. And as the Supreme Ruler, his personal water supply would be assured as long as there remained a drop of moisture on the planet.
No wonder he doesn’t care about the water situation. But maybe they should check out stillsuits, deathstills, and water discipline, given the precarious situation they’re in.

The rigid hierarchical structure had always irked Nor. The clear inference that Kal-El’s time was of greater value than his wedged in his gullet like a pointy bone.
Well, in this particular case, it is. After all, first, the others are Regal Nobles, aka scheming Ne’er Do Wells. And second, Kal is about to get married so he has more important things on his mind.

He smothered a sigh. Surely even a punctilious robot such as Kal-El must be weary of the topic of water by now.
goofy
“How could you know how my father died?” Ard asked. “You weren’t here then.”

“People have told me what a wonderful man your father was and how sad it is that he died.”

“The ugly man pushed him into the water and I never saw him again.”
/cocks eyebrow/

“Have you seen the ugly man again?”

“Yes. He is at the Reports.” Ard’s eyes lifted to the balcony. “But he doesn’t speak.”
Eyebrows went up a bit more.

She was sure the ugly man was Nor.
Interesting. That was ten years ago. When I was under the impression that Ked was still alive back then. So, did Nor do his father’s bidding or was he just showing initiative. And is he really ugly, or just ugly to an innocent child watching her father get pushed off a cliff.

And she’d do in ways far more explicit than merely having a baby.
She’s quite comfortable with the baby thoughts, isn’t she?

Great part, Corrina. But I’m guessing you could discern as much from the length of this post blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Corrina,
I am totally excited about what will happen in the next part!
The conversation between Lois and Ard was nice. It is nice to see Lois reacting so gentle with her but she becomes a lioness when she thinks about Nor.
This part was absolutely great!

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really like Lois in this. She is determined and I have no doubt that no matter what Nor throws her way she will somehow beat the crap out of him, if not literally then figuratively. Love it. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I really like this story

Shelley
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sarah The next few parts get a little rocky ... things will be smoother by 29.

Thanks!

Amy Uhmm. I can't say anything else. laugh

HappyGirl Uhmm again.

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Emma Loved your comments about how comfortable they are together. It's kind of like a plateau after all the work in getting to know each other and overcoming some major differences.

Thanks, Emma.

Michael Re timing. You are assuming that Earth time=Kryptonian time. Have you noticed how l-o-o-o-n-g Kryptonian days are?

Kryptonese for ‘shotgun wedding?’
rotflol

‘Do you, Lady, take this Sir to be your lawfully wedded Supreme Ruler?’ And just for kicks. ‘To serve and obey, until your Ruler discards you?’
rotflol

You know, you just sidetracked the entire question. Will they attend?
No.

Thanks, Michael.

Kathryn

I am totally excited about what will happen in the next part!
Your excitement may only last until you read it!!

Thanks, Kathryn.

Laura Thanks for your FDK, Laura.

she will somehow beat the crap out of him, if not literally then figuratively.
Literally sounds like so much more fun. laugh

Shelley Thanks for letting me know you're reading and enjoying. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was thinking that literally sounded extremely messy. goofy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loving this story!

You are assuming that Earth time=Kryptonian time. Have you noticed how l-o-o-o-n-g Kryptonian days are?
You alluded to this once before in response to a comment that I made. But if Kryptonian days are a lot longer than Earth days, wouldn't Lois notice this? If there was an hour difference, she wouldn't. However, if it was a lot longer, say 72 hours vs. our 24 hrs, I would think that Lois' body clock would notice that.

Also, it is hard to tell in a fanfic just how much time has passed unless a character says something. One post may cover an hour, or it may cover a week.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You are assuming that Earth time=Kryptonian time.
Good point, and yeah I did. On the other hand, if the days were two or three times as long, Lois' inner clock would go completely bonkers. And she's wasn't super enough at the beginning not to notice. And not particularly starved either, so I'm sticking to 20-36hour days.

Have you noticed how l-o-o-o-n-g Kryptonian days are?
I can't help but think you're talking lines of fic here laugh And yeah, I did wonder if it would take them ten parts to get married after the proposal :p But, I know at least too fics (far too intimately) that had even longer days. One, it took 10 parts per day or so, and the other, it was 16 parts for 6 hours or so. So, no, Awaken's days aren't that long.

Michael

Edit: LOL lcfan wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Corrina. I enjoyed the brief glimpse we got into Nor's mind. This little scene with Nor reminded me of the snippets we got of Lex Luthor on the show - those small little asides for the audience, so that we truly know how despicable he is. As for Nor ... seeing him this way will make it all the more enjoyable when Lois foils his dastardly plans.

I've mostly given up trying to guess which way you'll go next, so I won't even comment on Lucy's appearance, but I will say that it's looking more likely that Ching is the potential father for Za's hypothetical future child. He was too focused on what would happen to her.

The joke about the groom was hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh right along with Lois.

Finding out that Ard saw her father murdered was very sad, but it's exactly the kind of information that Mad Dog Lane needs to suss out the bad guy and ruin his plans to (literally) take over the world. smile

Go Lois!

BTW, where's part 26? I'm anxious to find out what happens next.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just to tantalize -

I've been beta-ing and it only gets better.

/ducks and hides/

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HappyGirl What's a little mess if it gets Lois and Kal together? wink

lcfan RE: time. You're right, her body clock would probably notice ... but wouldn't it depend on how long she was in the spaceship before it crashed? Had they been more than a month into the expedition, her body clock is probably askew anyway clap

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just one? I'm leaning towards the 6-hour one. Which means there's still the possibility for a furious ride ahead of you wink

Michael blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard