Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, Em. I was reading through this, waiting for the change from the original plot, realizing that you made this part so long so that we would get to the divergence. Then, whoa, baby! What a divergence!

And now I'm really worried. If Clark felt bad for Mayson dying while he was kissing Lois, how much worse is he going to feel if those kids die because he was making love to her?

It seems like he isn't able to hear other things when he's concentrating on Lois (which, in the long run, is certainly a good thing). He's going to have to work through giving himself permission to have a life and a relationship without feeling bad every time he's not there to rescue someone. After all, he doesn't rescue people on the other side of the world, either, because he simply doesn't hear them. Being with Lois has got to be part of the 'you can't be everywhere, and what you can do is enough,' but it's going to take him a while to figure that out.

And, I'll say it again, Lois won't understand what's going on with Clark until she understands that he's Superman. Luckily, it looks like she's been picking up a clue or two. She just hasn't connected the dots yet.

Major twist. Keep it coming. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll second that "Wow" and raise you a "No Way!"

I love the divergence from the episode, but the cliffhanger was evil.

Spin into the suit, Clark. Spin into the suit in front of Lois. Don't let her believe that you're running out on her now....
:rolleyes:
I know, it's only the second part. If he were to spin into the suit now and tell Lois about himself, it would probably untwist your plot. laugh

I'm anxious to see what happens next.
BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, some FDK!! razz

I can't really take credit for the twist, I'm afraid, as the idea stemmed from Coolgirl's challenge in the nfic folder. Your insights are very much appreciated and have got me thinking!

Laura,

Glad you liked it. Did you read the version over here or the nfic version? I know you're a fellow fan of the dark side wink

BJ,

Ooh, great idea!! If Clark had you to do his thinking for him he might get on a bit better!! I'll say no more. I know it was an evil cliffhanger but I just had to leave it there. Part 3 won't be quite so long. A lot of Part 2 was just build-up to that cliffhanger point.

Thank you all so much for your amazing comments. sloppy

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard