At least he got to say his three words!

Any comments appreciated.

Bob

#66831 10/18/09 04:21 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Clark the lunkhead strikes again. If he would have given Lois any time to respond even if she were yelling at least they would be somewhat communicating. He at least told her the other stuff first which was good.

I hope you post the next part soon.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have it your way, every way

robinson
#66832 10/18/09 07:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, he didn't do so bad, all things considered.

What comes next?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#66833 10/18/09 09:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What he did was a very understandable too-much-too-soon. Lois needed time to process, but Clark needed to 'fix' her suffering and he reached for the only thing he had left to offer her. Hopefully after they've both had a little time to calm down they'll be able to work this out.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#66834 10/18/09 02:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woah this is depressing.I hope there is light soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#66835 10/18/09 04:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I find interesting is that Clark thinks (actually, he knows) he's only lied to Lois about Superman, but from Lois's POV, he's lied to her about *everything*. And both of them are right.

Also I agree with Terry that Clark needs to shut up and give Lois some time to think about stuff. But no, he just rambles on and then flies away. The lunkhead.

#66836 10/18/09 05:32 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This was the most challenging section of the entire story. I wanted so badly to have their talk go better. As I said in earlier notes, this was intended to be a 3-part story. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, any approach that tied up the story during part 3 didn’t pass a reasonableness test.

They are both in shock. For Lois, it manifested in grief and then anger. For Clark, he’s insecure and has a tendency to want to fix things. After Lois blows up at him in part 1, he’s in no condition to make a good decision, but he wouldn’t let himself realize that he wasn’t thinking straight.

This was a meeting between two very confused people. One is angry and the other is scared but determined. It’s my belief that if they had met in this night, it would have been explosive. Every way I looked at this, the explosion had to run its course before they could begin to pick up the pieces.

Kathy:
Yes, he’s being sort of lunkhead. This is classic Clark Kent, doing the wrong thing for the right reason.

Vicki:
He (and I smile ) thought it would be so easy to just go in and tell Lois the truth. It was much more challenging than anticipated.

HappyGirl:
Your FDK is almost like you were reading my mind. (Have you been talking to my muse?)

Laura:
Woah this is depressing.
Yes it is.

Iolan:
POV makes a lot of difference. This turned into an exercise in dysfunctional communication.

Thank you all for the notes. Part 4 is on it’s way.

Bob

#66837 10/19/09 09:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark is way too ready to fall into his sword. And he has no appreciation for the Lois she is now, a year and a half after they first met. Lois now has a good reason to be mad at him dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66838 11/04/09 01:28 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Offering her the story - that's a new take.

Clark must feel like he has lost everything - his life as Clark, his secret as Superman and of course, Lois.

I'm hoping you can pull a happy ending out of this mess, Bob!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard