Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bobbart FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 01:12 AM
peep I guess that didn't go so well. peep

At least he got to say his three words!

Any comments appreciated.

Bob
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 08:21 AM
Clark the lunkhead strikes again. If he would have given Lois any time to respond even if she were yelling at least they would be somewhat communicating. He at least told her the other stuff first which was good.

I hope you post the next part soon.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have it your way, every way
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 11:09 AM
Actually, he didn't do so bad, all things considered.

What comes next?
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 01:03 PM
What he did was a very understandable too-much-too-soon. Lois needed time to process, but Clark needed to 'fix' her suffering and he reached for the only thing he had left to offer her. Hopefully after they've both had a little time to calm down they'll be able to work this out.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 06:02 PM
Woah this is depressing.I hope there is light soon. Laura
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 08:20 PM
What I find interesting is that Clark thinks (actually, he knows) he's only lied to Lois about Superman, but from Lois's POV, he's lied to her about *everything*. And both of them are right.

Also I agree with Terry that Clark needs to shut up and give Lois some time to think about stuff. But no, he just rambles on and then flies away. The lunkhead.
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/18/09 09:32 PM
This was the most challenging section of the entire story. I wanted so badly to have their talk go better. As I said in earlier notes, this was intended to be a 3-part story. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, any approach that tied up the story during part 3 didn’t pass a reasonableness test.

They are both in shock. For Lois, it manifested in grief and then anger. For Clark, he’s insecure and has a tendency to want to fix things. After Lois blows up at him in part 1, he’s in no condition to make a good decision, but he wouldn’t let himself realize that he wasn’t thinking straight.

This was a meeting between two very confused people. One is angry and the other is scared but determined. It’s my belief that if they had met in this night, it would have been explosive. Every way I looked at this, the explosion had to run its course before they could begin to pick up the pieces.

Kathy:
Yes, he’s being sort of lunkhead. This is classic Clark Kent, doing the wrong thing for the right reason.

Vicki:
He (and I smile ) thought it would be so easy to just go in and tell Lois the truth. It was much more challenging than anticipated.

HappyGirl:
Your FDK is almost like you were reading my mind. (Have you been talking to my muse?)

Laura:
Woah this is depressing.
Yes it is.

Iolan:
POV makes a lot of difference. This turned into an exercise in dysfunctional communication.

Thank you all for the notes. Part 4 is on it’s way.

Bob
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 10/19/09 01:52 PM
Clark is way too ready to fall into his sword. And he has no appreciation for the Lois she is now, a year and a half after they first met. Lois now has a good reason to be mad at him dizzy

Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK: Distance (3/5) - 11/04/09 05:28 AM
Offering her the story - that's a new take.

Clark must feel like he has lost everything - his life as Clark, his secret as Superman and of course, Lois.

I'm hoping you can pull a happy ending out of this mess, Bob!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards