OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback is much appreciated. smile1

Bob

#66786 10/16/09 04:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
short, tortured.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#66787 10/17/09 01:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois is on a mission! I'm wondering if, when she opens her bedroom door, Clark will still be there in her living room. Or, did he really fly away? I hope he stayed.

Looking forward to their conversation. Although, the fact that this is part 2/5 and not 2/3 doesn't bode well, does it?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#66788 10/17/09 05:53 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice introspection from Lois. And her reasoning, while still clouded by her great loss, is clear and rational. I wonder - if she offers to comfort Superman for his loss, and points out to him that he would also be comforting her in her loss, will Clark be hesitant to tell her the truth? Will he allow her to tell him about Clark while he wears the suit and also allow her to believe that Clark is really dead?

Intriguing possibilities here. Post again soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#66789 10/17/09 06:39 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess that makes a certain sense. If Clark really was in love with me, he might have been bitter that day. But would he tell Superman? The only person I’d tell something like that would be my best friend.

Maybe Clark did tell his best friend. That would explain why Clark can always get him a message. I never thought about it, but what if Clark is Superman’s best friend? …was his best friend?

It wasn’t just my Clark that was killed tonight. It was his Clark as well. Maybe we both lost our best friend this evening.
cat So close. spider

As I start for the door I have to hope that he’s still in the area. Maybe if I go up to the roof and yell a few times he’ll give me another chance and we can mourn our lost friend together.
Bob, I have no idea which way you're talking this. Of course, you did mention once that you don't do angst well, so I'm leaning towards the happy version laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66790 10/17/09 03:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm intrigued. Lois realizing that Superman is also grieving is indeed extremely close to the mark. I didn't see that coming. I'm curious to see where this goes next.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#66791 10/17/09 09:05 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laurach:
short, tortured.
Yes. There was a huge amount of negative momentum build up by the end of 100 Meters. That, as well as the general TOGOM situation can’t be ignored. (Believe me, I tried.)

Vicki:
Per your FDK to part 1, I had hoped for a more pleasant journey. However, some trips through the shadows are necessary.

As for the 2/3 vs 2/5, the funny part is that it was my intent that this be a 3-part story. However, as if often the case, I didn’t control this story so much as it controlled itself. That negative momentum has to be handled properly. (or at the very least, I have to try my best to do justice to the situation)

Terry:
Thank you. The questions you raise are spot-on. These are the questions that I always wanted to see dealt with. With Lois in pain, and Clark right there, what does he do?

Michael:
So close… One of my favorite sayings when I’m cautioning young engineers about making assumptions is:
Logic is a way to go wrong with confidence.
Lois has constructed a very plausible argument based on the information she has. Unfortunately, since she was missing key information, her logically arrived-at conclusion, was wrong.

As for where we end up… I hope you’ll stay with me to find out.

HappyGirl:
Lois had to think it was important to disturb her at this time. Her conclusion is perfectly reasonable given what she knows.

Bob

#66792 10/18/09 04:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Agree with the above posters. Lois is hurting. Clark is hurting. Can they communicate? Operas are written on such topics!

#66793 11/04/09 01:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It wasn’t just my Clark that was killed tonight. It was his Clark as well. Maybe we both lost our best friend this evening.
This reminds me of Clark in his parents' kitchen talking about how he had lost his friendship with Lois because she treated him so differently as Superman.

Right now I have to see if I can reach Superman. He’s not Clark,
:p

Another great switch - Lois is basically saying "I want Clark, but I can't have him, so Superman will have to do."

Great story, Bob.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard