Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66172 09/16/09 03:41 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You posted another part! Thank you! These boards have been MUCH too quiet lately, and your story has been such fun to read.

I was a little disappointed that Lois lost her memories so quickly but at least she got them back. Also, I realize your story was written in first person but after a while I got tired of seeing the word "I." Not meant as criticism, just my inital reaction in going through the story.

I am looking forward to part 4.

#66173 09/16/09 04:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathryn, I loved this part!

I liked the fact that, even though intellectually Lois had forgotten what had happened, she still had a sort of emotional memory. Like when you wake from a dream and you can't remember anything about it but you still have a feeling -- maybe happiness, maybe sadness, maybe axiety -- left over from it.

And then she trusted herself enough to follow her own instructions. The fact that she didn't remember writing those notes probably clued her in to something not being right.

And she saved Superman without letting on that she knows he is Clark. Which means that, from Clark's point of view, the lovely intimacy they are having at the end of this part is not just because he's Superman.

So why does Clark have a different reacion here than he did in the show? I'm guessing it's because, even though from his POV she did it for Superman and not for Clark, Lois rebelled against Luthor and realized what a wicked man he was. In the show all Clark knew was that Perry interrupted the wedding. But in your story it was Lois who obviously turned against Luthor. So that makes her the Lois he has always known and loved but has missed the last few weeks while this wierd stranger took her place.

Looking forward to the wrap up!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#66174 09/17/09 10:43 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathryn, I have to admit, I was expecting 2 parts of HoL angst but instead, you wrapped the A-plot up all nicely with a tie on top and now LnC have an entire part to work their thing out clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66175 09/22/09 11:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
cookiesmom Thank you for your FDK.
When I was writing the story I changed into third person several times when it had to be first person ... I'm glad you like the story.

HappyGirl Thank you for leaving FDK! I always liked the idea of an emotional bond between Lois and Clark.
So why does Clark have a different reaction here than he did in the show?
Lois risked her own life to help him that shows him she has discovered what a slimeball her 'fiance' is. laugh

Michael Thank you!

Part 4 will be up soon. Perhaps tomorrow depending on how tired I am when I come home.

Kathryn
#66176 09/22/09 01:41 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was glad to see this near the beginning:
It is really strange … since yesterday I have this disturbing feelings about Lex … and Clark …and Superman.

When I think about Lex, there is this feeling of … I don’t know how to describe it … but I feel slightly… creepy … odd … dislike … but I shrug it off, Lex is a philanthropist.

Superman … I worry about him, I have a nagging feeling that something bad will happen to him.

I have the same feeling concerning Clark …
There's still something there!

Clark … the love of my life? No, that can’t be! Although I know I don’t love Lex with my whole heart. I am about to throw them away but my curiosity gets the better of me and I read the rest of my writing…
Thank goodness for the notes! smile1

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard