Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

In a secluded place she can scream at him. drool

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#6608 09/25/03 09:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hey!!! This part is cool... but too short grumble

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#6609 09/25/03 09:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Sara, that was beautiful! OK, I know everyone says it's too short, but I think you left off at a perfect place. Definitely makes us want to see what happens next!

Can I make a suggestion? Just so it sounds more like Clark (or should I say, more like an American), I would suggest changing "metres" to "yards", and also changing "Puss" to "kitty" (or "kitten").

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing - that was just perfect!!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#6610 09/25/03 10:48 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great, Sara. Bravo! thumbsup

You are a really talented writer.

One little comment:

I catch up with her a few hundred metres from the ground
How tall was the building? Considering every floor at 2 and a half metres... with a few hundred metres, say, 300... at least 120 floors. I don't think Lois would choose such a tall building to jump from.

Anyway, I love it and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#6611 09/25/03 11:54 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
w00t, Sara! Good story so far, but your parts... are a little small laugh . I thoroughly enjoyed the introspection, great beginning, and wonderful characterization. I was a little taken aback, initially, as I didn't believe Lois would jump eek , but considering her grief, it makes sense.

Waiting for more dance

-Jo huh

#6612 09/25/03 12:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I am glad he caught her. But he has to tell her now. She tried killing herself over Clark, she has to tell him to. More soon. Laura

PS Sorry I accidently posted at the end of the story.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#6613 09/25/03 01:28 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Just read parts one and two back to back - brava! Definitely a darker piece, even for TOGOM, and I look forward to seeing where you go with this. I would say this takes the award for most angsty Lois I've ever read in the "post-death" period.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
#6614 09/25/03 11:22 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! I love this. smile1 Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

#6615 09/26/03 03:29 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another superb part, Sara! goofy Kind of figured it would. Who could resist peeking at such wonderful prose, beautiful poignant introspection and great angst? Not this reader, that's for sure!

Going to be an interesting talk. More! Soon! Please?

LabRat smile

PS - I corrected an error in the italics code in the segment, which was making the whole thing in italics. smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#6616 09/27/03 09:13 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,
nicely done
great part
ditto others
where's part 3
merry

#6617 09/28/03 07:39 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey everybody!

And wow!! Thank you all for all of this! smile

Just a few responses.

Can I make a suggestion? Just so it sounds more like Clark (or should I say, more like an American), I would suggest changing "metres" to "yards", and also changing "Puss" to "kitty" (or "kitten").
Of course you can make a suggestion! Thanks very much for catching this. I try to keep my British phrases to a minimum, though I dont bother about spelling :shrug:

How tall was the building? Considering every floor at 2 and a half metres... with a few hundred metres, say, 300... at least 120 floors. I don't think Lois would choose such a tall building to jump from.
Okay, Anna, good point. However, I have to admit that when I was writing this, I wasnt really focusing on the building, and so didnt think about how high it was. I think it would have to be pretty tall - Superman does spot her on around eye-level, and she has to be able to free-fall for a couple of minutes.

PS - I corrected an error in the italics code in the segment, which was making the whole thing in italics.
Thanks Rat thumbsup I knew it was happening, but couldnt figure out how to fix it... frown

Thanks so much everyone who read this <bg>. I'm just a little stuck at the moment, but hopefully I should have the next part out within a couple of days smile

Sara.

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
#6618 09/28/03 02:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sara,
In retrospect, a few hundred metres *is* a bit high. So, I modify my suggestion. Instead of saying a few hundred yards, how about a few hundred feet? That would still be about 20 or 30 stories up, when he catches her - the building itself would be quite a bit taller (I assume she falls for a few seconds before he catches her). Sounds reasonable for a skyscraper in Metropolis.
- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#6619 10/01/03 06:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1 This is absolutely *terrific*...STUNNING!!

I particularly liked how you described that life was a dance, and how you needed a partner do able to do it, or else you'd just...stand still. Dead inside. Unable to move forward. And I was so smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#6620 10/21/03 08:41 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
MORE! PLEASE! SOON! dizzy

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard