Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My goodness, you do like to leave us sitting on the edges of our seats. I hope you post soon, so I don't topple onto the floor!

I love Clark's musing on intimacy with Mayson- it really explains him well. It also helps bring out the tension already lacing the story.

It's also perfect to have Lois witnessing Clark's unease in going into the bedroom. I think it subconsciously mirrors her own unease.

Great job! Post more soon please?

Imagine.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ohmigod. No no no no no. Clark, please don't do it. I read that entire installment with my arms wrapped around a pillow, burying my face in it to muffle my moans of dismay. eek

All along I kept telling myself that it's going to be okay, because I remembered this from Part 1:
It was the one part of himself that he couldn’t share with Mayson that kept him from sleeping with her. He couldn’t give her his heart. That part of his body was already taken.
Well, I'm still trying to tell myself that, although all of Clark's assurances to himself that he is "ready" aren't helping. Oh dear...I become way too emotionally involved in these stories, especially when the writing is so wonderful and well-crafted.

This is just fantastic, Lynn. Are you thinking about posting Part 3 any time soon, like within the next few hours? I'm not sure that we'll survive much longer than that. Indications are that Clark may not be planning to remain a very patient man for much longer, and certainly the readers on the mbs have no patience at all... smile

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
YIKES!

I can't stand it, I just can't.

And oh this was so very good, in a horribly discomforting sort of way...hats off, Lynn, but man, let's post again really soon, ok?

CC-

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
lynn,

I hate what you did, but I love how you did it!

Excellent story. You're killing me. Please post the next part - I can't take this! Please!!!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lynn

WOW, WOW, WOW! smile1

But yikes! wildguy wildguy wildguy

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Wow....

Uh....

Okay, I'm officially speechless.

This was really powerful and beautifully written, and I really feel sorry for everyone here - Mayson, because she's not going to get what she wants (She's not, is she?????), Lois, because she's in pain, and Clark, because he feels forced into something he'd rather not do. Or, actually, something he'd like to do with someone else!

More!!!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Woohoo! Part two! And more wonderful description in the first few paragraphs. I want to spend time at that cabin! <G>

was a cabin all right, but it was Lois’s type of cabin. Modern, clean, and supplied with electricity, hot showers, and a flush toilet.
goofy Yup, that's our Lois all right.

This is Dan. Listen, I’m really sorry, but I won’t be able to make it up there until tomorrow.
Yay! Right, now all we need to do is find a well for Mayson to fall down and we're cooking with gas!

“Dan can’t make it up until tomorrow,” Clark explained, talking very slowly as if Lois had received news of some tragic accident and required very gentle handling.
grumble

Standing up, he brushed his hands on the front of his jeans. Taking a deep breath for courage, he turned around. He was ready. Ready!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! <g> Loved him repeatedly trying to convince himself. LOL. Poor Clark, he has got himself into a fix, hasn't he?

It was another heartbeat. Lois’s heartbeat.
Ohhhhhhhhh. <sniffle> That's so waffy! And Lois to the rescue - even if she doesn't know it! laugh

Lois was a dream. Mayson was real. Warm and receptive and real. With a fierce determination, he wrapped his arms around Mayson’s slender frame and drew her against his chest. She pulled back slightly to look into his eyes, her own full of questions at his sudden fervor, and he lowered his mouth to hers with a new forcefulness, sinking them both deeper into the plush cushions of the sofa.
<shudder> Lois wake up!!

And oh how sorry I felt for Lois as she became an unintentional voyeur. I felt every moment of her humiliation and mortification and desperate wishing that it was her instead of Mayson. Every moment was so sharply etched in your words and on the screen. Amazingly powerful stuff, Lynn! Superb. I'm in complete awe of your talent. notworthy

Now...come back here you evil, bad author and stop Clark! I don't care how. Earthquake, typhoon, herd of stampeding elephants charging through the cabin...don't make me come after you with a two by four, you hear!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Now, as he struck the match against the tinder and placed the small flame to the kindling, he knew that his reasons were gone. He had control of his strength, and his fear that he might hurt Mayson was nonexistent. They’d been dating for a while. He knew that he could trust her. She cared about him and he cared for her. Neither of them was going anywhere, and theirs was a relationship that had a future if he chose it. The time was right.
Well, there is two things - besides of Lois - why Clark shouldn't do it. First, if he really trusts Mayson, why hadn't he told her about Superman. Secondly, Clark thinks nearly only about himself - there are nearly any thoughts about Mayson as a person, besides physical ones: to him, she could be any woman.

In fact, they haven't any solid basis for the relationship.

Now, because they weren't interrupted by Lois, I presume Clark would have to make a decision.

PS. I think Mayson talks too much about Lois for her own good - if she doesn't do it to make sure that Clark isn't thinking about her.

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no no no no!!! DON'T DO IT CLARK!!!

I'll quote one part that had me laughing out loud..
Clark stared at the closed door, his heart pounding. It had worked. By some magic, his very presence at the cabin would prevent Lois from consummating her relationship with Scardino. Had his powers surpassed the boundaries of the physical world and moved into the ethereal where dwelt such wish-granting creatures as leprechauns and fairies? If so, he was going to have to rethink this whole altruistic attitude. It could get out of hand.
laugh rotflol

Please help us Lynn, by posting more sooooon!!

~Liz (who can't quote all the parts she loved b/c that would include practically the ENTIRE story!)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
More!!! More, more, more!!!

Everyone else has already said how wonderful this is and how great your writing is, Lynn - LabRat said absolutely everything I would have said had I had time. frown

But, please, put Lois and Clark - and your readers! help

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
shock Don't keep us waiting too long!

Kerth
Kerth
/me blinks

Jose eek

P.S and the rest? confused

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Lynn, this is sooooo good. I think that Gabriele's comment
Secondly, Clark thinks nearly only about himself - there are nearly any thoughts about Mayson as a person, besides physical ones: to him, she could be any woman.
is very astute and the credit goes to Lynn's writing ability. We're looking at a Clark who is trying to physically get over his connection with Lois, and Mayson is the one who is available. The connection that he has with Lois isn't there with Mayson.

Your explanation of why Clark is still a virgin is excellent. All I have have to say is don't throw away that valued celibacy status on someone like Mayson.

And part 3 will appear when?

gerry (who is loving this)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack!! eek whinging

Lynn!!! Get back here with part 3!!!! You've got some serious romance-rescuing to do, young lady!

But there were a number of lines in there that made me laugh -- you've got a great way with words smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Crap! What now. Hurry post the rest. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well...I have to say that I'm really enjoying this. Post soon.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I just found time to read the first two parts yesterday, and I'm wave

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lynn,
excellent
ditto others - get back here
more soon please
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Y'all!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have to tell you, I had part 3 pretty well written except for one section, and when I went to finish that last part, I started thinking too much!

So I've got some work to do on this last part. I was hoping to have it done tonight but I think it may take another day or two!

Thanks again for the positive feedback!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I for one won't complain about all that extra thinking if it gives us extra story! clap

Looking forward to part three when you have it!

LabRat smile (who knows all too well how that Muse can take on a sudden spurt of energy midway through posting...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard