Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Looks like things are clearing up a little. Sort of. Had completely forgotten that Toni hadn't seen the performance so she wouldn't know Johnny's reaction. I still think it was him.

Her setting up Linda seems the logical choice; of course, when her undercover identity is revealed, this strategy might crumble. And why *did* Linda use her real name?

Speaking of. Is the lucky-one for real? I can just see it in front of my eyes: "So, Clarkieeee, I managed to get the inside scoop on Johnny and now are you going to let me be your girlfriend... How I managed to do this? Well, don't spread my secrets around, but all it took was for me to give him the whole girlfriend-experience and he was like putty in my hands... Clark? Clark, why are you looking at me like I'm Cat? Clark? Hey, Ca-ark? ... Huh, if Clark doesn't want this, maybe Ralph does..."

You know, Terry, by using Linda you really can get away with things FoLCs would take very personal if you used Lois goofy But portraying Linda as a floozy willing to go the extra mile to get the story and the man behind it, it's just another aspect laugh

But Toni's contemplations are interesting. Could Lex have seen Cristie's performance as a chance to plant evidence against Johnny? Nigel methodically bludgeoning his rival's girlfriend to a bloody pulp?

Michael, waiting for more...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
I am loving this story -- it's so twisty and well-plotted. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Linda can't run with the big dogs. She should have stayed on the porch. /serenade/ I see bad things arising....

I worry that Constance Hunter may be out of her league here as well. Of course, this is an AU, so maybe your Connie Hunter is stronger than the one on the show.

And Lois dreaming of Charlie....You may say that WAFFy is not your strong suit, Terry, but you're making a good start. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Michael: It's interesting that you mentioned using Linda to do things Lois wouldn't. Even in this AU, Lois has some high ethical standards. In "our" universe, she did some burglary and breaking and entering and illegal wiretapping, but it was always with the intent of learning the truth and publishing it. Linda's motivation is to further herself, not unmask the truth.

And your thought of Nigel killing Linda to throw suspicion on Johnny and thereby throw the Metro Gang into confusion is brilliant. Hmm. Maybe that's what really happened...

Noelle: (like your screen name) Thanks for the comment. We're all writing to entertain each other, after all.

Happy Girl: Thanks for the WAFFy compliment. I must tell you that I worked very hard on those parts, and I still don't think they come up to the high standards of other FOLCs who do that stuff so very well. But this is the WAFFyiest (is that really a word?) story I've ever written.

So Linda is a puppy? Or is she just a (word used in a kennel)? Some might feel differently about her after this chapter. Then again, some might not.

There is more info about Connie Hunter in the next chapter, which is coming up very soon.

Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Terry, I'm a long way behind, but I'm hoping to catch up now that I've finished posting my story.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I loved this bit -

Their hands had touched just a short time ago, quite by accident, but the contact had startled Lois in a way she’d never felt before. For a moment, there had been only Lois and Charlie in the room. She’d momentarily forgotten about the other members of the Mountaintops, about Christie and all the trouble she’d brought to the band, about the meeting with the police they had been about to enter. All else had faded to nothingness. And when she’d looked into Charlie’s eyes, she’d felt as if she were seeing right down into his soul.

It was a beautiful soul, so beautiful that it took an act of will to tear her gaze away. And when she had pulled her eyes away, she’d felt a sense of loss that she couldn’t explain
Lois has a lot on her mind, but she looks into Charlie/Clark's eyes and nothing else matters.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard