Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece.

Linda looked up at him while Clark and Lois raised their eyebrows and Jimmy scowled at Lex before heading back to his desk. Linda noticed and gave a small smile to Lex. “I’m flattered, Lex,” she said, “but I can’t accept your proposal.”

“Bad timing?” Lex asked.

“You could say that,” Linda replied. She glanced past Lex to Jimmy, who sat at his desk, flipping through photos. She looked back at Lex. “I happen to be seeing someone at the moment.”

“It would just be a harmless dinner,” Lex replied.
I don't like Luthor. razz

“Linda, I think he lied to you,” Perry said as gently as he could. He could see the hurt cross Linda’s face. “I’m sorry, honey.”

Tears welled up in Linda’s eyes as she tried not to cry. “I, uh, I have some work to do. Excuse me.” She left the office abruptly, heading for the door to the stairwell, not able to look toward Jimmy, though he didn't notice her leaving anyway. She had a lot of thinking to do about what Perry said to her, and the last place she wanted to be was around a person who had just hurt her more than she thought possible.
Poor girl, she still trying to adapt to this would. blush

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
Poor Jimmy. frown

Poor Linda. razz

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL - I had my comments all set to go, but they look to just be repeating everyone else. goofy

So, what they said. laugh Lex II - don't trust him as far as I could throw a decent-sized pony. Poor Jimmy having to deal with the superhero baggage and poor Linda - I felt so sorry for her after Perry had his talk with her.

Right. Where's part three?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, it looks like I was right. Jimmy not knowing *is* causing problems. I felt so sorry for Linda wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So, what they said. Lex II - don't trust him as far as I could throw a decent-sized pony.
There IS a reason for Lex II, believe me! I have a plan, don't worry . . . it's somewhere in my brain . . . jump

Well, it looks like I was right. Jimmy not knowing *is* causing problems. I felt so sorry for Linda.
Isn't young love always full of problems? I mean, it's bad enough dealing with a girl, and all, but how do you tell your boyfriend that you can benchpress a Buick? smile

Part 3 coming up (and Part 4 and 5, since I'm leaving town for a couple of days)!

Jaxie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."
Merriwether
Merriwether
and Part 4 and 5, since I'm leaving town for a couple of days
Awww, isn't that nice! An author who doesn't use a vacation as an excuse to torture us and make us beg for more. thumbsup

Errr, maybe I shouldn't teach Jaxie about the ways and means of torturing readers . . . wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy Yeah, missed a golden opportunity there to have them howling while you were gone, Jaxie!

/me looks around cautiously to make sure no one is watching, then whispers, 'Thanks!'

laugh

LabRat (running to check out this bonus...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
/me looks around cautiously to make sure no one is watching, then whispers, 'Thanks!'
*looks around furtively, then smiles and whispers 'you're welcome'* wink

Jaxie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard