Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mariadferdez. FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/18/03 07:14 PM
Hi,

Great piece.

Linda looked up at him while Clark and Lois raised their eyebrows and Jimmy scowled at Lex before heading back to his desk. Linda noticed and gave a small smile to Lex. “I’m flattered, Lex,” she said, “but I can’t accept your proposal.”

“Bad timing?” Lex asked.

“You could say that,” Linda replied. She glanced past Lex to Jimmy, who sat at his desk, flipping through photos. She looked back at Lex. “I happen to be seeing someone at the moment.”

“It would just be a harmless dinner,” Lex replied.
I don't like Luthor. razz

“Linda, I think he lied to you,” Perry said as gently as he could. He could see the hurt cross Linda’s face. “I’m sorry, honey.”

Tears welled up in Linda’s eyes as she tried not to cry. “I, uh, I have some work to do. Excuse me.” She left the office abruptly, heading for the door to the stairwell, not able to look toward Jimmy, though he didn't notice her leaving anyway. She had a lot of thinking to do about what Perry said to her, and the last place she wanted to be was around a person who had just hurt her more than she thought possible.
Poor girl, she still trying to adapt to this would. blush

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

MAF
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/18/03 08:31 PM
Poor Jimmy. frown

Poor Linda. razz
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 07:08 AM
LOL - I had my comments all set to go, but they look to just be repeating everyone else. goofy

So, what they said. laugh Lex II - don't trust him as far as I could throw a decent-sized pony. Poor Jimmy having to deal with the superhero baggage and poor Linda - I felt so sorry for her after Perry had his talk with her.

Right. Where's part three?

LabRat smile
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 08:06 AM
Well, it looks like I was right. Jimmy not knowing *is* causing problems. I felt so sorry for Linda wave
Posted By: Jaxie Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 08:26 AM
So, what they said. Lex II - don't trust him as far as I could throw a decent-sized pony.
There IS a reason for Lex II, believe me! I have a plan, don't worry . . . it's somewhere in my brain . . . jump

Well, it looks like I was right. Jimmy not knowing *is* causing problems. I felt so sorry for Linda.
Isn't young love always full of problems? I mean, it's bad enough dealing with a girl, and all, but how do you tell your boyfriend that you can benchpress a Buick? smile

Part 3 coming up (and Part 4 and 5, since I'm leaving town for a couple of days)!

Jaxie
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 11:48 AM
and Part 4 and 5, since I'm leaving town for a couple of days
Awww, isn't that nice! An author who doesn't use a vacation as an excuse to torture us and make us beg for more. thumbsup

Errr, maybe I shouldn't teach Jaxie about the ways and means of torturing readers . . . wink
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 01:26 PM
goofy Yeah, missed a golden opportunity there to have them howling while you were gone, Jaxie!

/me looks around cautiously to make sure no one is watching, then whispers, 'Thanks!'

laugh

LabRat (running to check out this bonus...)
Posted By: Jaxie Re: FDK:DtH With Double Helixes- Part 2 - 09/19/03 01:54 PM
/me looks around cautiously to make sure no one is watching, then whispers, 'Thanks!'
*looks around furtively, then smiles and whispers 'you're welcome'* wink

Jaxie
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards