Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Of course, Clark proposed. It only took him so long the first time because he was so insecure first about telling her about his alter-ego and second about the actual proposal part. But now he has this assurance in advance, Lois is essentially a sure thing. (Which sounds a bit rude, but isn't intended to be so.)

I can't imagine how upset Lois must have been to be threatened by thugs she was supposed to know but didn't for doing things she was supposed to know not to do but didn't. How reassuring to know that her future self found them disquieting, as well.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not even going to touch the Plark proposal to fLois. She's a married women already. She can't get married again, that would be bigamy.
I have to admit, I never even considered this. It's an interesting variation on the "If a tree falls in a forest..." riddle. If a woman remembers a marrige that hasn't happened, is she still married? Interesting. To be honest, I had just assumed that, if the switch is not reversed, Flois and Plark would naturally marry. It never occurred to me to consider this bigamy. dizzy

Edited to add: Maybe Lois could consider it a "renewal of her vows" ceremony?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
Feeeeeedbaaaaaaaack! Woot! dance

sarahg - I actually have three stories in various stages of doneness. Until recently, though, I was less than inspired to keep going. But your enthusiasm has definitely re-stoked that fire. notworthy

Female Hawk - Thanks for the comment on the parallel storylines. smile Having them experiencing almost the same things (particularly since that gives us the funhouse mirror effect) was one of the funnest parts of writing this story for me.

Michael - Nah, not cryptic. I was just slow. :p I suspect you would have got a bigger laugh out of watching me sit there and mutter, "two dead men walking, two dead men walking, two dead men walking…" until the brain fart ended.

Andreia - There you are! <insert happy dance> I'm glad that you're enjoying this story and looking forward to the next. I hope I can "fix" things to your satisfaction. laugh

grinch - Ooooh! It never even occurred to me that, if Flois were to accept Plark, she'd be committing bigamy. She's not married to two different men - he's the same exact guy, after all. For that same reason, I can't see Flois getting upset over Flark kissing Plois - it's still her. I'm glad you liked Sal and Ice Pick (but I fear you may not like them as much in their original story).

Vicki - I swear you're hacking into my hard drive! I would think that Flois marrying Plark would be a re-commitment ceremony for her. But that's assuming she says "yes". Wanna divine that one? wink

Thanks again for all the comments. You guys are starting to make me itchy to post the next part sooner. <must resist… must resist…> devil

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Um, why must you resist?

POST! Dang it! POST!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
laugh wink and I second Carol's plea grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Then I guess the motion carries. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sue - great part! Although I really begin to wonder who caused this mess. clap
I have no idea how this could be solved in the following two parts... but I'm sure you'll find a way laugh

Kathryn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard